Thanks Aura- Nice to know that they can make you feel great. I know I'll need Estrogen support and can't think of a better option given my allergies. I talked to my acupuncturist who is also an RN and he seemed to think they might be a good choice for me too.
Recent Images In This Thread
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Reproductive immunology, anyone? Last post on Today at 12:22 pm in Infertility
- Male factor ?s Last post on Today at 8:15 pm in Infertility
- pregnant over 40 Last post on 5/12/13 at 4:14pm in Infertility
- How did YOU choose your Reproductive Endocrinologist? Last post on 4/23/13 at 6:14pm in Infertility
- Progesterone supplements + luteal phase? Last post on 4/23/13 at 8:21pm in Infertility
Guest Blogger Brenda Strong (Mary Alice Young on Desperate...
Edited on 3/15/13
- Six-Word StoriesEdited on 3/6/13
- Living in Uncertainty
Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 3post #41 of 7629/9/12 at 9:53pmpost #42 of 7629/10/12 at 6:19amThread Starter
bebe - like kewpie said, it varies a lot. I have never had any to freeze. the first and second times I did IVF I got zero fertilization, essentially. The third time I got three to fertilize, and put them all back in. My protocol was about what Kewpie described until I switched to SIRM, and now it is a really long and crazy protocol.post #43 of 7629/10/12 at 6:32amThread Starter
kewpie - I am not sure what those dates are for, but I assumed they were birthdays, so I added yours. I just copied that list from the last thread, which was probably copied from the thread before that....
deborah - I have done estrogen injections. They are pretty easy. A lot less painful that the progesterone in the butt.
Laura - sounds like things are going great!
Aura - are you doing estrogen shots every night? Is that because it is a FET? I only did them a few times with Dr. Fisch.post #44 of 7629/10/12 at 6:38amThread Starterpost #45 of 7629/10/12 at 6:57am
I had to go for another beta this morning to make sure my hcg level is back to zero after the chemical pregnancy. The ride to work after the appointment just felt so lonely. Appointment with the RE tonight, so hopefully he can put things in perspective. He's such a positive guy and we always leave his office feel better than when we went in, but I'm just feeling pretty down right now. Why does it always have to be so difficult?post #46 of 7629/10/12 at 7:03am
auraleigh- I am doing a natural cycle. We are set to transfer on the 14th. I had an ultrasound and still hadn't ovulated yet. They called me at 4 today and asked me to come in by 5 to pickup medication to induce ovulation. We were of course on the opposite side of town and DD was really enjoying our afternoon outing. Not fun to have to drag her away from her fun unexpectedly and rush across town during rush hour. :( We made it with 5 min to spare. I will have to make it up to DD tomorrow. At least now I know how the rest of my week will go, it was hard not knowing when things will happen. I forgot how much I hate that part of TTC and fertility treatments.post #47 of 7629/10/12 at 10:35ampost #48 of 7629/10/12 at 12:29pmpost #49 of 7629/10/12 at 12:34pmThread Starterpost #50 of 7629/10/12 at 3:09pmRcr, I may have to do the shots longer because of my weirdo luteal phase defect. I'm still not 100% sure of how they will monitor me, or how they plan on keeping my levels up, but I may email dr t. I also don't know if this luteal defect is only during fresh cycles (because of the removal of the granulosa cells) and maybe I'll be fine for the frozen? I'm in total foreign territory here.
Deborah, after 2xday crinone, I'm actually HAPPY to go back to PIO shots.
Vireos, I agree, the worst part of fertility treatments is not knowing exact timing for things! It's hard to work around it, especially if your period comes late, your body doesn't respond as quickly, etc. I wish you luck for this transfer!
Daisy, I'm sorry you're feeling down, but at least now you can move forward. What did your re say?post #51 of 7629/10/12 at 6:41pmpost #52 of 7629/10/12 at 9:27pmpost #53 of 7629/11/12 at 6:44am
I will start bcps today for 10 days and then gear up for another FET. I had bloodwork last night to rule out autoimmune issues, but the dr really doesn't think that's an issue. I will also have an endometrial biopsy at some point during this cycle to check my lining. Other than that, he thinks it was really just bad luck and that it is only a matter of time before I have a viable pregnancy. Luckily for us we have four more embryos frozen. My fingers and toes are crossed that that will be enough to do it.post #54 of 7629/11/12 at 10:48amaura -- I hired someone from one of those home health care agencies to come do my PIO shots. It costs yet more money, but it is worth it to me. My husband passes out at needles or blood and I just don't have anyone else in my life that is willing to take it on, competent, and works a regular enough schedule. I would pretty much prefer anything to the daily PIO; I hate shots so much.
rcr -- Thanks for the updates. Yup, everything is going well with me (see below )
Daisy -- *hugs* Good luck with the next FET.
vireoes -- Yeah, that. So annoying. I mean, I realize that they don't know earlier either, but still...
AFM -- Ultrasound yesterday, everything moving along nicely. I did my HCG last night at 10pm (my Dad came over and gave me the shot) and my retrieval is Wednesday morning. Scary . I don't even know how many eggs I am hoping for. We have 20ish follicles. Today I don't have to have any shots or blood draws; yay! (I enjoy the little things.)post #55 of 7629/11/12 at 2:03pm
Blue: that sounds like a great trip, glad you liked our capital
laurabelle: Good luck for your retival!
Aura: Good luck with your fet! Glad your enjoying some of the drugs, I missed the suprecur night sweats when I was camping!
Lilac: Good luck with your saving up.
Dasie: good luck for your fet.
hello everyone else!
AFM: Seen both RE's and am feeling pretty confused. 2nd clinic didn't accutualy have the info I needed on what happened with last cycle so don't know why they bothered seeing me! Bascially they think it was poor luck that I got no fertilization and suggested I try again with own eggs. I can have another cycle free if I wait a year. I can't have another privet cycle in the mean time (although I could write and ask they make an expection for me). 1st clinic gave me a 15% chance with own eggs and 40-60% chance with donnor eggs. They said I could have a cycle with them and not tell the NHS clinic so I could still go with them. She thinks the NHS clinic will be quicker than that ands see me in 6 months. I'm not really sure how I'd feel about being dishonset with my clinic. And I really don't want to wait untll next year before doing a treatment I don't feel confident would work. If dh were still alive I expect we would just plan a nice year off and then see what happenes. But I just don't think I could bear doing that. I just want something to start going right. I don't really know what to do.post #56 of 7629/11/12 at 4:41pmpost #57 of 7629/12/12 at 3:06amrcr, I made that list. It's the date of the positive beta test, which for me was Thanksgiving Day. DD was born in July. Hope that helps!
Sending lots of love your way, ladies! Lurking and cheering you on, as always! laura-belle, good luck at your retrieval today!post #58 of 7629/12/12 at 6:23amThread Starter
Good luck Laura!!!
Tear - oh, crap, then I just screwed it up, because I switched some of the dates to birthdates! I guess positive beta makes sense! sorry.
Silver - Sorry. I had zero fertilization and the first time I was told not to expect anything different. I did IVF again, and then the second time I also got zero fertilization. But, the third time I got three to fertilize, so I think it all depends on the eggs that you have at the time you are doing it. I know that probably doesn't help at all, since you can't predict the eggs you will have... Sorry, It is really hard.post #59 of 7629/12/12 at 8:43am
Silver, what medications do they use for stimming for you? I had better fertilization this time around then I did a couple of years ago (which I was not expecting since I'm now older, obviously) and I think adding Menapour might have made the difference. I was only on Gonal F the first time. This time we did Gonal F and Menapour together.
- Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!!
- Six-Word Stories
- › Gender Disappointment / Expectation? 21 minutes ago
- › Blog post & link to new group 21 minutes ago
- › Need advice- obsessed Grandma causing problems 23 minutes ago
- › Nursing Mamas TTC May 39 minutes ago
- › 10-15 Minute Cleaning Sessions (New Thread) 54 minutes ago
- › new to breastfeeding.. 57 minutes ago
- › New mum from Australia 57 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 57 minutes ago
- › How to get scammed money back with the universal laws? 1 hour ago
- › Weekly Chat - May 7 to May 13 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11