Thanks! Tomorrow is the big day. A friend of mine who is a photographer helped me put together the boys' picture with a quote to go inside the locket I bought. So, I will wear that to my transfer tomorrow.
Recent Images In This Thread
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Not ovulating. Want to try home IUI. Smart or dumb move? Last post on 6/14/13 at 8:47pm in Infertility
- Hope and prayers Last post on 6/12/13 at 11:04am in Infertility
- Starting testing this week Last post on 6/12/13 at 12:56pm in Infertility
- Stressed about my new FET protocol and can use a little support and information Last post on 6/4/13 at 11:36am in Infertility
- Back to square 1 Last post on 6/8/13 at 5:03pm in Infertility
Guest Blogger Brenda Strong (Mary Alice Young on Desperate...
Edited on 3/15/13
- Six-Word StoriesEdited on 3/6/13
- Living in Uncertainty
Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 33post #641 of 76212/12/12 at 6:58amSponsored Linkspost #642 of 76212/12/12 at 10:14ampost #643 of 76212/12/12 at 2:23pm
Sourire - thank you! People really do suck.
rcr - YAY for the two embies! I'll be thinking about you tomorrow and thinking lots of sticky thoughts.
auraleigh - Wow, that is awful! I'm so glad the front desk ladies said something though. There has only been one time at my clinic that that happened (and the kid ended up biting the front desk lady!), but most of the time they just roll their eyes or ignore it. I really don't understand how these people don't get it though, they've been through the same thing.
vegan princess - I don't know what it is, but reading your comment about your 1 fertilized egg sleeping on your chest now really hit me. Not in a bad way, in a super emotional "OH MY GOD THAT IS AWESOME" reality kind of way. I love it.
deborah - I'll be thinking of you tomorrow too!! I can't wait to hear how it goes. The locket sounds amazing and so special.
krunchyk - thank you!
AFM - had my second beta today and my numbers were 1300 and something (I took the call at work and didn't have anything to write it down) , so things are looking good. I'm not sure I'm ready to be moved to grads yet. I'm still feeling nervous. We'll have our first ultrasound on January 8th, but my RE is going on Maternity leave in January so we'll have a replacement doctor. I'm feeling selfishly upset about it because both DH and I have doctor trust issues and we actually both love this one. I'm sad she won't be able to see us through until we leave the clinic and I'm nervous that her replacement will be a jackass. I really hope it's not the substitute they had in one time that decided it would be an awesome idea to yank my cervix forward instead of using a longer speculum. I think that may be the girl version of getting kicked in the balls.post #644 of 76212/12/12 at 4:50pm
I couldn't find my locket when I looked today. I'm going to look in their memory boxes, but I'm very sad. I thought it was in my jewelry box. I can bring their album or a picture with me if need be, but I really wanted to wear the locket. In better news, I got an A on my course project!post #645 of 76212/12/12 at 6:15pmpost #646 of 76212/12/12 at 8:10pmpost #647 of 76212/12/12 at 8:13pmpost #648 of 76212/12/12 at 8:38pmThread Starterpost #649 of 76212/13/12 at 2:58amCan I crash your thread for a second? I've spend the past 3 years TTC just to have 4 miscarriages (No known cause). At 37 I figure if I waste 3 more years, I'll be too old to have any options. I'm starting to think of IVF for fertility preservation and to (hopefully) be able to pick better embryos. Can anyone point me to some good resources to start learning more about IVF? TIApost #650 of 76212/13/12 at 4:25ampost #651 of 76212/13/12 at 10:14amGood Luck today deborah & rcr! Thinking if you both as you prepare for your transfers!
Xerxella- I'm not sure if there is any specific website to look at but most RE offices have a sure that has questions and answers. Have you seen someone before that you would use?post #652 of 76212/13/12 at 11:50amThread StarterWell things are not looking great. One is a 4 cell and one is 6, both grade C with some fragmentation. We are still hoping to transfer today anyway, even though I know the doc probably wants to wait to see if they make it. I don't see the point of waiting, except possible finding out bad news sooner. Wi am trying to stay positive.post #653 of 76212/13/12 at 12:09pm
X: Sorry to see you here! Have you done genetic testing to know if you would be a good candidate for PGD?
Shesaid: I'm glad you liked my post about my 1 embryo sleeping on my chest! I was afraid of upseting someone - but I love to let people know not to give up hope. I was so discouraged and convinced it wouldn't work since only 1 egg even fertilized. I was busy transferring my records to start donor egg while I was in my 2 week wait. But you just never know! And congrats to you on your healthy beta!!
RCR: I'm thinking strong emby thoughts!!!
Deborah: Good luck today. I hope you were able to find the locket. What a sweet idea to bring something of the boys along with you today! BTW, I am SO impressed with how many embies you have this time!!!
Sourie: I just know you are going to have good news for us soon! I have a great feeling about this for you.
Cindypost #654 of 76212/13/12 at 12:22pmThread Starterpost #655 of 76212/13/12 at 12:51pm
rcr - I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for you. Keep the faith, it's all we have during that time! Big hugs to you.
shesaidboom - wow, sounds like GREAT beta numbers! Can't wait to hear all about the nice strong heartbeat you hear in a few weeks. Here's to hoping that the replacement is way better than the one last time!
deborah - I hope you found your locket, and that everything went well!post #656 of 76212/13/12 at 1:31pm
Hi all- I didn't find the locket I was looking for, but I did find one from my MIL's collection which also has great symbolism. Things went extremely well. We transferred an excellent quality embryo. The embryologist said "If there was an embryology magazine, this would be the centerfold." That's very promising. We have 2 others we are freezing for sure and one other they are watching. They said they'll keep an eye on the others as well, but don't expect much. I'm very happy to have 2 or 3 frosties. It only takes one :-). RCR- I'm sorry your transfer didn't go as well. I got pregnant with the boys with early embryos, so there's definitely still hope for a BFP fo you! I will post a pic of my emby later.post #657 of 76212/13/12 at 3:40pmpost #658 of 76212/13/12 at 5:39pmpost #659 of 76212/13/12 at 5:40pmThread Starterpost #660 of 76212/13/12 at 7:32pm
Rcr - keeping my fingers crossed and praying for a sticky one!!!! When is your beta?
Deborah - Glad things went well! When is your beta?
X - this is a great resource for info on IVF and you have a great group of ladies here that would probably answer any questions that you have. I wonder if you have active natural killer cells which can even happen after you have had children which would add to your miscarriages. There is a Sher Institute that is very advanced in that kind of thing in Chicago. Here is their website which might be a good place to start if you don't have a dr. http://haveababy.com/ Good luck!!!!
- Six-Word Stories
- › Summer's thread!: Feeling good about not doing what we don't do... 3 seconds ago
- › Shameless Baby Pictures - For June DDC Babies!!! 3 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! 4 minutes ago
- › JUNE CHALLENGE!!!!!! 1000 minutes of exercise!!!! Come on in... 7 minutes ago
- › 365L lexile score, end of 1st grade - what does this mean? 9 minutes ago
- › June chat thread 13 minutes ago
- › Freezer Meals 16 minutes ago
- › Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 18 minutes ago
- › So no more "the case against...." 24 minutes ago
- › If Vaccines are So Safe, why did Congress Give them Immunity? 26 minutes ago
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama