- 1,508 Posts. Joined 2/2008
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Stressed about my new FET protocol and can use a little support and information Last post on Yesterday at 9:27 pm in Infertility
- Back to square 1 Last post on 5/20/13 at 9:01pm in Infertility
- Reproductive immunology, anyone? Last post on 5/18/13 at 12:22pm in Infertility
- Male factor ?s Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:15pm in Infertility
- pregnant over 40 Last post on 5/12/13 at 4:14pm in Infertility
Guest Blogger Brenda Strong (Mary Alice Young on Desperate...
Edited on 3/15/13
- Six-Word StoriesEdited on 3/6/13
- Living in Uncertainty
Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 34post #661 of 76212/13/12 at 8:24pmThank you all. I don't want to crash your thread anymore. I've had all the testing including genetic and for the NKC (endometrial biopsy) and everything comes back normal. I'm working with an RPL doc who also does IVF, so I'll start with her. I also have another appointment with a different RE to get a second opinion. Thank you for the website blueyezz, I'll look into the Sher Institute.post #662 of 76212/13/12 at 9:02pmpost #663 of 76212/14/12 at 12:25ampost #664 of 76212/14/12 at 2:47ampost #665 of 76212/14/12 at 3:32amThread Starterpost #666 of 76212/14/12 at 7:27ampost #667 of 76212/14/12 at 7:49ampost #668 of 76212/14/12 at 1:06pmpost #669 of 76212/14/12 at 5:36pm
Oh, rcr and deborah, looks like some great things are happening for you both. I can't wait to hear what happens.
So now for my amazing turn of events in my waiting for IVF saga. I work for a Christian school as a teacher. On Monday night I was talking with my superintendent and principal about some school related issues. My principal is a man and just moved here this year. The superintendent has known me from my college days when she was a professor at my college. The principal stepped out and I shared very quickly with the superintendent that my DH and I were going to have to go through IVF in order to get pregnant and that it was influencing my decision whether to continue employment at my school next year. My principal came back in and I let the conversation end quickly. We finished our conversation with the three of us and then we departed. My superintendent asked to speak with my privately in my classroom. She asked if finances were influencing our IVF journey. I said they were and that we had a 1/3 of the money saved for the procedure. She told me that from time to time there are some individuals that donate to special causes in our school system and she asked my permission to ask for the remaining money that my DH and I needed to go through with our IVF. I told her that was okay.
On Thursday night, she called me and said that she had asked the finance committee and that they approved giving me two bonus pay checks one in December and one in January or February to cover what out of pocket expenses my DH and I will have for IVF. I was in tears of happiness. DH and I are going to make an appointment to figure out exactly when we will go through with the procedures - either March or June - and exactly what time commitments we are talking about - when I have to go in to get ultrasounds done as follicles grow, then egg retrievel, fertilization, and then egg transfer. I have to say it is the best Christmas present I could have gotten that wasn't a BFP.
I just have to remember - don't give up, stay positive, keep the faith that the best is yet to come!post #670 of 76212/14/12 at 6:59pmpost #671 of 76212/14/12 at 7:26pmRcr - I'm really hoping and praying for your embryos to make it.
Vegan - thanks for the encouragement. It means a lot to me.
lilac - wow that is truly amazing news!
AFM - well it seems my FET may end up being sooner than I thought. I'm supposed to start at my next CD1 which is around Christmas. What I haven't been able to confirm yet is whether my clinic does FET cycles over 1 month or 2. I'll find out for sure on Monday which is when I'm getting my protocol.post #672 of 76212/15/12 at 6:56amThread StarterLilac- that is amazing news!!!!! Such a wonderful story.
Sourire - glad you are getting started sooner than you thought
Afm - still in vegas. Ds and dh left yesterday and I miss them. I spent all day in bed yesterday and it was boring but relaxing. Tooday I may go shopping or to a movie.post #673 of 76212/15/12 at 7:52ampost #674 of 76212/15/12 at 11:33ampost #675 of 76212/15/12 at 12:55pm
lilac- What an amazing and generous gift from your school. There are truly good people in this world and it sounds like you are in a very thoughtful and caring community for them to reach out to you in this way. I am thrilled to hear you will be jumping on the IVF train sooner than you expected and can't wait to follow your success story.
rcr & deborah- Hope you are both relaxing and have embryo (s) making a sweet home for themself/ves. Rest up!
Sourire- Good news from you too! Good luck at your appointment and hope it only takes one cycle.
AFM- My suppression check is Monday. AF started late last night.
My thoughts and prayers are with any and all affected by the Connecticut shootings. Heartbreaking.post #676 of 76212/15/12 at 1:35pmpost #677 of 76212/16/12 at 10:50am
lilac - that is wonderful news! I am so happy for you and dh.
Sourire - also great news! I'm glad things may be happening sooner for you.
rcr - I'm crossing my fingers that your embie takes while you're resting up.
deborah - 2 is still great! I hope you are resting up. Those symptoms do sound promising. I'm crossing my fingers for you too!
cait - I can't wait to hear how things are going!post #678 of 76212/16/12 at 11:39ampost #679 of 76212/16/12 at 11:40ampost #680 of 76212/16/12 at 11:08pmThread Starter
- Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!!
- Six-Word Stories
- › Bajingo Juice brings forth May Flowers and BFPs! TTC #1 in our 30s 1 minute ago
- › Homebirth with possible Medicaid coverage- must I have a CNM or... 1 minute ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 4 minutes ago
- › Freezer Meals 4 minutes ago
- › Gestational Diabetes Testing 6 minutes ago
- › Queer parents 8 minutes ago
- › Possible move to MD 10 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 13 minutes ago
- › Oh the STRESS of Motherhood! 14 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 17 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by JillVettel
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark