or Connect
Mothering › Groups › May 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Names, anyone?

Names, anyone? - Page 13

post #241 of 261
Thanks. Good info.
post #242 of 261

What do you all think of Bazel for a boy? My husband's grandfather had the middle name Basil, & my husband's name is Ezra-so we like the z version. Thanks fort he input!

post #243 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Ann View Post

What do you all think of Bazel for a boy? My husband's grandfather had the middle name Basil, & my husband's name is Ezra-so we like the z version. Thanks fort he input!

 

Only issue I would see is pronunciation - would you want it pronounced BAY-sil or BAH-zul?  I think it's cool!

post #244 of 261
Any thoughts on Halley for a boy--like Edmund Halley who discovered Halley's Comet? I think my husband likes it better than I do, but I'm trying to see if it'll grow on me.
post #245 of 261
I like Halley, but would be afraid it might seem too much like Hailey or Holly, both of which are typically girl's names. I also like Edmund and Edwin, but that's another situation altogether.
post #246 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Ann View Post

What do you all think of Bazel for a boy? My husband's grandfather had the middle name Basil, & my husband's name is Ezra-so we like the z version. Thanks fort he input!

I like it. We had Basil on our list...never thought about a different way to spell it.
post #247 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisedea View Post


I like it. We had Basil on our list...never thought about a different way to spell it.

You could also spell it Bazil.  I like it.  I had a friend in high school who's nickname was Bazil.

post #248 of 261
Our baby girl now almost a week old is Marigold Shalom and we're calling her Goldie for the most part. Her name in Hebrew is Mayim Shalom which means peaceful water. She was born in the water at home.
post #249 of 261
That's beautiful LJ. We went with Quest. It was daddy's job to choose a middle name. He chose Franklin only after the paper work was turned in. Don't know about adding it but that's up to the slow poke.
post #250 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loogiejane View Post

Our baby girl now almost a week old is Marigold Shalom and we're calling her Goldie for the most part. Her name in Hebrew is Mayim Shalom which means peaceful water. She was born in the water at home.

 

I love Marigold!

post #251 of 261

Beautiful Jane!

post #252 of 261

Our baby girl born May 9th is Astrid Willa :-)

post #253 of 261
Love the name steeletig
post #254 of 261

Am I the only one still totally at a loss on names?! (I *love* some of the names you all have come up with though!)

post #255 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieWalter View Post

Am I the only one still totally at a loss on names?! (I *love* some of the names you all have come up with though!)

Me, too. I have a list but won't decide til we meet her.

post #256 of 261
DH and I had a really hard time. To be honest I was convinced I was having a boy so we focused more on getting the boy name straight. Then she was a girl so we spent a couple days after her birth still ironing out her name. We've since gotten a mixed bag of reactions to her name. The most negative reaction coming from my mother. Oh we'll, can't please em all!
post #257 of 261
Our DD3 is Waverly Fay.
post #258 of 261
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtherMother View Post

Me, too. I have a list but won't decide til we meet her.

 

We do have lists, but nothing is seeming right. Came up with one new girl option last night... I'm sure meeting the baby will help.

 

Does anyone have second choices they loved but didn't use? haha.

post #259 of 261
Corrine/Corinna and Linnea were contenders for us before we finally decided on DD's name.
post #260 of 261

Fern was our fave girl name :)  

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › May 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Names, anyone?