I just saw this posting or I would have responded sooner.
When I was in 5 1/2 weeks pregnant out of nowhere I had a gush of blood on the toilet (as in, I was thinking wow that seems like a lot of liquid...looked down and realised it was blood pouring out and the toilet water was red!). I have had 2 m/c and I just figured it was likely another one.
When I went in to see a clinic Dr he said he was concerned that I'd had a miscarriage but that he would send me for an ultrasound. I went in and had an abdominal ultrasound at what would have been 6w and they saw a subchorionic hemmorrhage, a sac and yolk sac. There was no heartbeat or fetal pole and my Dr followed up by telling me there was not much hope since they didn't see a hb. He basically told me to go home and wait to m/c and if I hadn't by 2-3 weeks later he would order a repeat ultrasound and refer me to Gyn if I needed 'help' to end the pregnancy. I tried to ask if it might have been too early with the abdominal ultrasound and he told me no, they should have seen a heartbeat.
I decided there was no way I could wait that long nor did I think he was right about the ultrasound...so I called a local midwife and they had me do bloodwork and a repeat u/s at 7w.
The bloodwork showed rising and high hcg, and the ultrasound showed an embryo measuring right at 7w, with a hearbeat! There was still a sch and from my view it looked as big as the sac did.
The midwife gave me every reason to be hopeful and said I might have more bleeding but that everythign should be ok. I've taken it easy without lifting my 2yo and doing lots of resting, and have taken the homeopathic remedy Arnica 30c every 2nd day for about 2 weeks (for as long as I felt tender). I have a repeat u/s tomorrow and hopefully the sch will be smaller. But i have a doppler and I know my baby has a heartbeat still!
My point is, you may hear some dismal thoughts on whether your pregnancy will continue or not depending on your Dr. But I am proving the Dr I saw wrong and MOST women with sch go on to have healthy babies. Right now you have every reason to hope! Take it easy and I pray all will continue to go well.