We will be building our home soon and need to buy all new appliances. I am overwhelmed with choices and would love some recommendations on good, durable and moderately priced options. I don't mind spending a little more for something that will last. I have friends/family that have bought higher end products and still have problems. So, I am thinking middle of the road is a good idea. I really, really dislike flat button or digital panels too. Here is a breakdown;
* I want a propane gas range/oven. 30-36" wide. minimum 5 burner
* French door refrigerator with freezer on bottom. water and ice in door.
* Dishwasher - stainless steel interior - delay start and just a few cycles-normal, short.
* washing machine. We are on a well and haven't drilled. So, I don't know our flow yet. I have been told by appliance stores that top loading is getting closer to front loaders in terms of water consumption. I only need the basics, no digital display, no steaming. Just warm, hot and cold. Regular, delicate, perm. press cycles. I have heard Speed Queen is quite durable and come with bare bones controls.
* dryer - we might go with propane, not sure yet. I have been told electric and propane cost about the same. I hang dry about 6 months a year.
Thanks so much!!