I'm thinking of ones along the lines of The Girl Who Never Let Her Mother Brush Her Hair. Ones with lessons and morals that have a Waldorf inspiration. Thanks!
Related Forum Threads
- Parent-Infant Classes Last post on Yesterday at 9:22 pm in Waldorf
- Blacksburg, VA? Last post on 5/22/13 at 6:43am in Waldorf
- Playstand plans with arches Last post on Today at 9:57 am in Waldorf
- Curriculum Last post on 5/21/13 at 3:33pm in Waldorf
- Natural Craft Ideas for Art Fair/Auction Last post on 4/11/13 at 3:49pm in Waldorf
Is there a good on-line resource for storytelling ideas or stories?
Have you heard of Sparkle Stories? They are pretty awesome : )
This isn't on line but there are those story cards by Eeboo and my daughter loves them. There are games you can play with them, but normally I just look at the picture and make up my own story to go along with it. Great for a holiday/birthday gift
Right now we're using the Little Acorn learning curriculum, and they have stories for each week in there that kind of go with the seasons as well. Did you want physical books, or just stories?
I would like stories. It may be that next year we'll start a sort of kindergarten time here at home, but I'm interested in things for circle time at the moment. For now, we're reading the books we have on hand and ones from the library. I'll have to check out Little Acorn learning and Sparkle Stories. The budget is mighty small right now, but I'm always thinking ahead.
Little Acorn also has fingerplays (and instructions for them!) for circle time that go with their themes (which, I might add, are very subtle!). They have a sample of a week in their September program on their website, if you'd like to check that out.
- Is there a good on-line resource for storytelling ideas or stories?
- › ~*~October ddc Belly Thread~*~ 9 seconds ago
- › Belly bump thread-1st Trimester 1 minute ago
- › DS is different 1 minute ago
- › Bilingual midwife or Ob/gyn in PDX? 3 minutes ago
- › Gestational Diabetes Testing 3 minutes ago
- › Insurance for Exising Pregnancy 4 minutes ago
- › 39 weeks, when to buy a pump, and other recommendations (brands,... 5 minutes ago
- › Carrier addiction- fun thread! 6 minutes ago
- › SAHMing on a tight budget - support thread? 8 minutes ago
- › Breech Babies Turn! 12 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf