Hello mamas and papas!
My DD is 2.5 and we are finally getting ready to put her in preschool. It's been wonderful having her at home, but she is ready and we are ready to send her out into the great big world..."to every season" I suppose (sniff sniff!)...
So, I am finding myself faced with justifying my reasons for not (yet?) vaccinating. I would honestly love to have her remain completely unvaccinated, but even the preschools are saying that I need a waiver signed by my pediatrician in order to have her admitted. My ped has been pretty understanding about my not vaccinating. Each visit, I tell the ped that I am delaying immunization and will wait for a future date... The ped has, however, recommended the MMR and DtaP. The ped clearly knows that I am "natural-minded" as I had a homebirth , cloth diapered (done with that now!), DH and I were both babywearers, I cosleep (Daddy is a finnicky sleeper and likes extra room so he usually sleeps alone) and am still BFing .
So, here's where my mind is right now: I really do not want to appear non-compliant (to schools OR my hubby). Honestly, even my own DH DOES want to vaccinate, but just doesn't believe in doing all of them and certainly not more than one at a time. So, what if I have DD immunized for ONE of these major diseases that the "miracle" of modern science can stave off?
The question is this: What would be the best one to go with?
The side question is this: Do I sound crazy?
Thanks so much for all of your sound advice.