Congratulations Declaration and welcome baby Georgette! Sorry to hear you went through so much after the birth!
Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
The First 1000 Days: A Baby JournalNo reviews yet.
- productNaturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Healthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productThe First 1000 Days: A Baby Journaltagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productThe Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longertagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productThe Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League International Book)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- How about a thread of "must haves"? Last post on 2/15/11 at 9:40am in August 2011
- First Time Mamas' Chat **January** Last post on 1/31/11 at 3:28pm in August 2011
- Update: Baby time!!! Post 62 Last post on 9/3/13 at 9:21pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Shower Game Thread Two July 2013 DDC Last post on 7/7/13 at 3:40pm in July 2013 Due Date Club
- THe BF Thread Last post on 7/25/13 at 12:36pm in February 2013 Due Date Club
3 Family-Tested Secrets to Not Getting Sick
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Elder Berries for Cold and Flu PreventionLast edited: 1/14/13
- Tandem NursingLast edited: 6/16/12
- One Breast is EnoughLast edited: 10/17/11
- Family Bed And Nighttime Parenting ResourcesLast edited: 5/2/13
Welcome Babies!!! - Page 6post #101 of 13910/15/12 at 4:25pmpost #102 of 13910/15/12 at 4:51pmpost #103 of 13910/15/12 at 5:15pmpost #104 of 13910/15/12 at 5:50pm
Declaration, congrats and so happy that everything concluded safely (that is awkwardly phrased; pardon new momy syndrome). She is beautiful!
Yay. our babies are finally starting to come forth!!!
Vegan, I know...I am hoping it's not... going to try and find someone to help, but he is latching perfectly today as long as I am sitting up. So it's a goo sign. We are rural and it's tough to find support.
Try as we may, we can't seem to not get visitors. Well meaning, but I am sooo tired and I need to sleep. We've had a steady stream all afternoon. DH is going to have to guard the door better. ITs kinda awkward when it's your grandparents just showing up. I need to have dh upload some pics for me. I am rather in shock that I birthed such a chunk in such a short time..well that, and that my 5'4" self even had him in there.
YAY for baby Isaacs! It seems most of oct babies thus far are girlies which we love, but the boys needed some reinforcements, lol.post #105 of 13910/17/12 at 3:27ampost #106 of 13910/20/12 at 4:44ampost #107 of 13910/20/12 at 5:21ampost #108 of 13910/20/12 at 7:53ampost #109 of 13910/20/12 at 12:48pmpost #110 of 13910/20/12 at 12:57pmThread Starterpost #111 of 13910/20/12 at 1:51pmpost #112 of 13910/20/12 at 6:07pmpost #113 of 13910/20/12 at 6:31pmpost #114 of 13910/21/12 at 12:00pmpost #115 of 13910/21/12 at 1:28pmpost #116 of 13910/21/12 at 2:28pmpost #117 of 13910/21/12 at 2:38pm
I announced it on the chat thread, but baby Charlie (Charles Archie) arrived on October 17th at 11:04pm. He was 7 pounds and 9 oz and born in the water. He is so gorgeous and mellow! I was given cervidil that morning but it didn't do anything but give me constant contractions which weren't doing really anything to my cervix so at 8:30 that evening we broke my waters (I was 3cm dilated) and about 10-15 mins later the contractions started with lots of intensity. I got through transition feeling pretty good and got into the tub. At that point the contractions were incredible and I really didn't think I could cope... I had the urge to push but I knew the baby was still descending... it was like a freight-train coursing through my body. I have never felt anything like it (so different from my first birthing experience) though thankfully it eased off as I could feel him move into position and the pushing was more of a relief. Like many of you, it was a very short and intense labour - just over 2 hours. My midwife and nurse were phenomenal and this baby is just lovely.post #118 of 13910/21/12 at 2:53pmpost #119 of 13910/21/12 at 3:32pmpost #120 of 13910/21/12 at 6:21pm
We have a baby!!!!!
Miss Bria was born Friday Oct 19 at 10:01 pm, 8 lbs 9 oz
I had an ultrasound and NST friday morning and expected to go straight home, turns out I had too much fluid and they were worried about the possibility of the cord prolapsing if my water broke becuse baby was still floating sooooo high (probably the rason I was not in labor yet cause I was 3 cm dilated). I had many choices but my midwife was most comfortable with the on call OB breaking my water. The next part is AMAZING!!!!! The OB agreed to let me go home to deliver, everyone, other midwifes, nurses everyone was shocked :) We left the hospital at about 3:30 and rushed home since they thought this baby would fly out of me, I was 5 cm, but feeling no contractions when leaving the hospital.
Got home and nothing until about 7 when the rest of my family left and I started having light contractions, we hung out, played a board game and chatted. They were getting slightly more intense but still could talk through them kinda, I got in the shower and they got more intense. Out of the shower at 8:30 pm and was checked about 9:15..still 5-6 cms....I was so disapointed cause they were very painful since I had gotten out of the shower. I got in the pool and was pretty bitchy to everyone from what I hear :s, turns out I had good reason. I had a contratction and starting pushing with out meaning to at 9:45. Everyone was kinda shocked...I went from 5 or 6 cms to 10 in under 30 min!!!!! Our beautiful girl was born in the water at 10:01 pm with the cord very tightly wrapped around her neck 2 times!!!! She was born kinda limp and blue, needed a bit of oxygen but pinked up and cried very quick. Big brother missed the actual birth but was with us in about 2 min! he is in love and will not leave her alone ( I suppose she will have to get used to it)
- Elder Berries for Cold and Flu Prevention
- › Colorado Vaccine Exemption Legistlation 1 minute ago
- › Hello everyone. Newbie here in need of advice 4 minutes ago
- › Uh..oh. I though feta cheese was ok :( 10 minutes ago
- › 2014 Low Income Support Thread 12 minutes ago
- › Need Help Teaching Kids About Safety and "Stranger Danger" 15 minutes ago
- › Best place to buy GOOD pork? 16 minutes ago
- › Nursing after C-section - getting off to a good start 18 minutes ago
- › Autism Daily Newscast author is clueless about vaccine ingredients 20 minutes ago
- › Freebies and Such 22 minutes ago
- › March Chat 25 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo