Congratulations Skinnylove and Welcome Madeleine!!!!
Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productNaturally Healthy Babies and Children: A Commonsense Guide to Herbal Remedies, Nutrition, and Healthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productThe First 1000 Days: A Baby Journaltagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productThe Happiest Baby on the Block: The New Way to Calm Crying and Help Your Newborn Baby Sleep Longertagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
- productThe Womanly Art of Breastfeeding (La Leche League International Book)tagged by Cynthia Mosher, 10/24/13
Related Forum Threads
- How about a thread of "must haves"? Last post on 2/15/11 at 9:40am in August 2011
- First Time Mamas' Chat **January** Last post on 1/31/11 at 3:28pm in August 2011
- Update: Baby time!!! Post 62 Last post on 9/3/13 at 9:21pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby Shower Game Thread Two July 2013 DDC Last post on 7/7/13 at 3:40pm in July 2013 Due Date Club
- THe BF Thread Last post on 7/25/13 at 12:36pm in February 2013 Due Date Club
3 Family-Tested Secrets to Not Getting Sick
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Elder Berries for Cold and Flu PreventionLast edited: 1/14/13
- Tandem NursingLast edited: 6/16/12
- One Breast is EnoughLast edited: 10/17/11
- Family Bed And Nighttime Parenting ResourcesLast edited: 5/2/13
Welcome Babies!!! - Page 5post #81 of 13910/13/12 at 6:18pmpost #82 of 13910/13/12 at 8:14pmThread Starterpost #83 of 13910/14/12 at 10:55amI am so excited to share with all of you wonderful mommas that I gave birth last night to our 3rd gorgeous and amazing son~ Jack Andrew. 7 lbs 12 oz 20 1/2 in long. I will write a birth story soon. It almost turned into a last minute planned UC at home, but in the end things worked out well and I gave birth naturally 19 hours after my water broke. Active labor was 1 1/2 hours!
Birth story and pics to come soon!!post #84 of 13910/14/12 at 10:59ampost #85 of 13910/14/12 at 11:08ampost #86 of 13910/14/12 at 11:42amThread Starterpost #87 of 13910/14/12 at 12:04pmpost #88 of 13910/14/12 at 12:47pmpost #89 of 13910/14/12 at 2:49pmpost #90 of 13910/14/12 at 4:48pmOur baby is here! Harper Josephine was born Sat afternoon, weighing 6 pounds 5 ounces and measuring 21 inches. Labor stalled in the middle due to a scare, but when it got going, it was a rocket ride... 4 cm to baby out in 45 mins! We are doing great. She has a great latch so far and is a total snuggle bunny. Her older sister adores her too!
Congrats also to Silly, Springmum, Skinnylove and Pregnova!post #91 of 13910/14/12 at 6:56pmpost #92 of 13910/15/12 at 8:11am
Congrats to all!
It's a boy! Isaac was born 10/14 weighing...10.14! My water broke at 7.30 am , active labor at 12.15, born after 3 pushes (HARD pushes) at 2.44pm. 22" long. had a rough night of it as he was awake.all.night.long. wanting to nurse, but frustrated becuase latch kept slipping. Hopefully we can get some sleep tonight. I cannot believe I had an almost 11lb baby inside of me! The crazy thing is that the nb exam actually placed him at 39 and a half weeks! He is just sweet and we are in love.post #93 of 13910/15/12 at 9:13ampost #94 of 13910/15/12 at 10:08ampost #95 of 13910/15/12 at 10:47ampost #96 of 13910/15/12 at 2:40pm
Isaac Lewis was born on October 3 after progressing contractions starting at about 6 in the morning and getting intense at about 4 in the afternoon. He was born at 8:11 pm - 8 pounds 13 ounces and 22 inches. Totally drug free birth although we didn't have time to get into the tub as we had hoped.
He is fabulous!post #97 of 13910/15/12 at 2:51pmThread Starterpost #98 of 13910/15/12 at 2:53pmpost #99 of 13910/15/12 at 3:02pmpost #100 of 13910/15/12 at 3:06pm
It's a girl! Which was quite a surprise (both DH and I kept thinkiIng boy). Georgette (Georgie) was born the evening of Oct. 5th.
Labor and birth went great- no drugs and I caught her myself (very excited about that)! But once she was out it went downhill quickly. First, she was born with a nuchal hand, and while I was able to birth her over an intact perineum (just a skidmark or two), it seems the position allowed her elbow to tear through my vaginal wall, including an artery, which caused me to hemorrhage. Second, it turns out her placenta was a velamentous insertion, so she is kind of a miracle baby, and also the placenta started falling apart after she was born. So we transported to the hospital from the birth center for me to get vacuumed out and stitched up. Considering the complications, everything went as well as we could wish for- got some good bonding time before transport, were still able to delay cord clamping, etc. We won't be doing placental encapsulation since the placenta was so small and deformed.
The reason this is so late is that recovery has been slow. Healing thoughts are appreciated!
Daddy took a day or two to get used to saying "she" and "daughter" but he has been tickled pink with her and they are already two peas in a pod.
- Elder Berries for Cold and Flu Prevention
- › The Real Reason Kids Aren't Getting Vaccines 20 minutes ago
- › Coupon & Clearance Shopping Mamas! 33 minutes ago
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 49 minutes ago
- › Respectful insolence digs into the new CDC autism numbers. 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › "Leaving the Anti-Vaccine Movement" 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Question about csec scar 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Copper IUD and Side effects 3 hours, 59 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 4 hours ago
- › The person below me..... 4 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool