Related Forum Threads
- Update! Last post on 2/5/14 at 7:53pm in December 2012 Due Date Club
- Welcome, Babies! Last post on 2/27/13 at 8:55pm in December 2012 Due Date Club
- Feelin' Birthy--come share your journey to Birth with the symptoms/changes you are... Last post on 1/2/13 at 10:51pm in December 2012 Due Date Club
- Begging for baby pictures! Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:32pm in September 2012 Due Date Club
- Breastfeeding Support Last post on 12/17/12 at 12:31pm in August 2012 Birth Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 3/31/14
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Weekly Chat - September 17-23 - Page 8post #141 of 3189/19/12 at 9:08pmThread StarterSo as of tomorrow I'll be 41w5d. As much as i want to give Baby Five time to arrive on his/her own, I've decided tomorrow to go through my midwife's natural induction list. I'll still be hoping to go into labor on my own overnight, but otherwise I need to step up trying to encouraging things to happen. Please cross fingers/toes, pray, send good vibes, etc, that it works...post #142 of 3189/19/12 at 9:13pmpost #143 of 3189/19/12 at 9:58pmThread StarterIt's a huge list! Short version (things I recall off the top of my head without the list right in front of me): sex, orgasm, big breakfast, blue cohosh, castor oil, 2-mile walk outside, hike in mountains (higher elevations being key), EPO cervically, light lunch, nap, watch a funny movie, walk outside more, hot bath, full-body massage, dinner and wine... that's most of it I think (the list goes into greater detail with reasons behind the steps)... and I might have forgotten a couple... but... it's pretty much an all-day process. I'm terrified it won't work, yet hoping beyond hope that it does.post #144 of 3189/19/12 at 10:02pmpost #145 of 3189/19/12 at 10:24pmThread StarterSome moments I'm quite comfortable with it (it could be a fun day!), some I'm freaking out and even angry that I have to consider this... that I should be relaxing and enjoying my days but instead I'm stressing over a deadline.
I have to get my mind in a good place so it will hopefully all work together.post #146 of 3189/19/12 at 10:26pmpost #147 of 3189/20/12 at 12:50ampost #148 of 3189/20/12 at 12:50ampost #149 of 3189/20/12 at 2:59am
judybean I've been there 41+6 w my last and had a big list too. we have a place out here that makes a preggo pizza and my hubby drove an extra hr after work to pick it up. lol. I also did a NET (neuro-emotional technque) session which basically was all about making room in my head for baby and telling baby it was safe to come now. Then the CO at ~ minus 1 hr from 42 weeks.
Not fun times but it did result in a baby half way thru the next day.
MW this time said if I was there again, as long as the NST and stuff looked good, she'd let me go one or so extra days.
I hope I don't go there this time but I wouldn't be surprised.
Get moving little baby..its time for momma and family to meet you.post #150 of 3189/20/12 at 4:48am
Good luck Judy! I have to say, some of the things on that list sound like fun but I understand your desire to not have to worry about controlling the timing of everything. I'll contribute some go labor go vibes to baby 5!
I'm having an interesting morning. I was awakened at 5:15 by an uncomfortable contraction and since then, only about 2.5 hours now, I'm having irregular, slightly crampy ctx. I am super excited and also trying to keep my expectations very reasonable. What a waiting game!post #151 of 3189/20/12 at 5:41am
Thinking of you ladies who are 40+ weeks! I'm 40 weeks this weekend and so far no sign of baby. I don't think I'll start getting really anxious about it until after 40+3 because my first son was born at that point. I mean, I'm already anxious because I'm uncomfortable and can't sleep at night, but I know it's fine to not be in labor quite yet. Oh well.
For those of you moms with other kids -- are you have any issues with them that might be related to the impending birth? Our DS is 2.5 and was a fine sleeper until recently, and last night was just plain AWFUL. He woke up screaming his head off every hour until like 4am. DH is amazing and gets up with him, but still, I can' tsleep through a screaming kid in the house! Anytime I mention this to others, I get the whole "he knows something big is about to happen" bit... is that really true? Am I to blame for this? Bah lol.post #152 of 3189/20/12 at 5:55amQuote:Anytime I mention this to others, I get the whole "he knows something big is about to happen" bit... is that really true? Am I to blame for this? Bah lol.
Idk that I would "blame" you but it might be that something big in his life is about to change.Poor baby, every hour sounds like something might be bothering him it could be teething pain or allergies... We are dealing with that at our house with our 1 yo.post #153 of 3189/20/12 at 6:25am
judybean--Good luck today!! I would love to try that induction list, particularly if it were time spent with just me and my DH at this point! I'm vicariously feeling your pain since it's not unlikely that I'll be in a similar position.
Jules--HOLY MOLY!! I cannot imagine walking around at 5cm. Foreign concept to me. I've never been 5cm without LABOR, like real, hard labor. You'll be another of those 2 hour deals! Lucky you!!
anya--It's so normal to turn inward as you prepare for baby's arrival. Your life is about to change dramatically. Every time I read about your situation, my heart aches for you. Hopefully you and Nico together can build an amazing village to support and love on you.
LibraryMo--Good luck! Hope things get rolling for you :)
Evi--Still thinking about you!
AFM: OFFICIALLY "PAST DUE" Hee. I always feel like I have to celebrate that since it makes me "weird" in the eyes of the world, though it's totally normal (and average ;) ). Had a no holds barred acu appointment last night and then walked around Marshall's doing some school shopping for the kids THEN had s-e-x and 2000mg of vaginal EPO. Definitely resulted in some contractions around 3 AM, enough to notice but not enough to sleep through. Some definite cervical pressure, which is awesome. But no mucus or anything. Not much going on today either, though I may try to take a walk later on. I have a 4-hands massage with my doula and her back-up tomorrow morning. I would love to have this baby today or tomorrow before supper time, but I don't know that that is likely. We're aiming for sometime this weekend ;-) The law of averages, however, says midweek next week. I keep thinking about calling my OB to see if she can squeeze me in for a sweep today or tomorrow morning...post #154 of 3189/20/12 at 6:35amQuote:
OMG I hope so!!
All that massage and acupuncture sounds wonderful!! I hope it stirs stuff up for you!
post #155 of 3189/20/12 at 7:00amThread Starterpost #156 of 3189/20/12 at 7:15ampost #157 of 3189/20/12 at 7:35ampost #158 of 3189/20/12 at 7:37am
Jules - I hadn't even considered that it could be allergies or something. I think I take it for granted now that he talks all the time that he would find a way to tell me that he wasn't feeling well. Sorry to hear that your 1 year old is struggling, too! DS had 8 teeth coming in at once around 17 months... he was not a happy camper. Poor kids.post #159 of 3189/20/12 at 7:53amQuote:Originally Posted by domermommy
Jules - I hadn't even considered that it could be allergies or something. I think I take it for granted now that he talks all the time that he would find a way to tell me that he wasn't feeling well. Sorry to hear that your 1 year old is struggling, too! DS had 8 teeth coming in at once around 17 months... he was not a happy camper. Poor kids.
My 2.5 yo has been acting up a bit more enthusiastically than usual and I think it's because of the coming change, but he also seems to have developed allergies in the last week or two. Sounds like we have the same son.
Good luck Judy!
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Weight loss challenge! 1 minute ago
- › One concerned parent to another 9 minutes ago
- › Was this punishment too harsh? 14 minutes ago
- › still no period, and negative tests?? 57 minutes ago
- › Gluten free? 57 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Is a playpen even necessary? 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › The person below me..... 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Have you had HPV? (private poll) 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Hi and Indigestion 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness