i remember it just being like liquid like water...although i dont remember really touching it with my hands lol i was more like OMG WHY WONT IT STOP!!!! because when mine broke it really just completely broke and i had extra fluid in my last pregnancy so it just kept pouring out for atleast an hour and a half and i had to keep switching maxi pads, i actually was just putting towels down my pants and sobbing at one point lmao....sigh, if when you stand up you have more trickle out, its probably your water is broke...like when you switch positions and the babys head moves up and off your cervix a little it will pour out more...im half asleep and probably not helping at all...but anywho im sending you nice constructive contraction vibes!
Related Forum Threads
- Update! Last post on 9/27/13 at 8:56am in December 2012 Due Date Club
- Welcome, Babies! Last post on 2/27/13 at 8:55pm in December 2012 Due Date Club
- Feelin' Birthy--come share your journey to Birth with the symptoms/changes you are... Last post on 1/2/13 at 10:51pm in December 2012 Due Date Club
- Begging for baby pictures! Last post on 11/2/12 at 7:32pm in September 2012 Due Date Club
- Breastfeeding Support Last post on 12/17/12 at 12:31pm in August 2012 Birth Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
Weekly Chat - September 17-23 - Page 4post #62 of 3189/18/12 at 1:03amI'm here for the 3am cervix opening circle..anyone else?
@WCM: wohoo...contractions are awesome news. I'm rooting for you that this is it. I don't know about the amniotic fluid. I heard it doesn't smell like anything, maybe even slightly sweet. Sorry...no help.
AFM: Here's a little tmi. I didn't know losing a mjcus plug is more of a scientific experiment of how much toilet paper you can flush down. Holy moly...i just..ummmm... PULLED the nastiest thing from down there. I thought i lost my mp after cervical checks with dd but nooo, THIS thing a minute ago was just absolutely disgusting.
My hips are separating. Omg. I had such an easy fly by pregnancy i think i'm being punished now lol. I sit on my birthing ball or pillows all day cause my butt hurts so bad from the head down there.post #63 of 3189/18/12 at 1:07ampost #64 of 3189/18/12 at 1:12ampost #65 of 3189/18/12 at 1:20am
MissE: i was completely disgusted by the smell of my amniotic fluid, idk it grossed me out for some reason but my mom said that it smelled sweet...yeah dont even ask why she knows what it smelled like..we are too close sometimes i think lmao
WCM: time some!! i bet this is it, you've taken a shower and layed down and usually your contractions stop after that so this seems different! hang in there!post #66 of 3189/18/12 at 1:20ampost #67 of 3189/18/12 at 1:41ampost #68 of 3189/18/12 at 3:05ampost #69 of 3189/18/12 at 4:28amQuote:
Hahahaha. When I've slept for more than 2 hours in a row I think "hey, that was a good chunk" and if I get more than 5 hours total at night I think "great job Mo!" Sigh...because I know that however tired I am now is nothing compared to how tired I will be, um, soon.
WCM - Yippie, I hope this really is it for you!!
As for "maternal age" you all make me feel ancient. I was born in *gasp* 1979. We actually tried for years to get pregnant when we were first married, and then gave it up to the universe and adopted our son, who was 100% meant to be a part of our family and is perfect (for a 2 yo! ), so it is what it is. Of course, now that I know I can get pregnant it opens up the discussion to do we want more, etc. I'm 39+2 today and I have an appointment with my nurse practitioner while my son is at preschool. This past weekend I was certain something was happening. Major digestive action, nausea and back pain and by Sunday it had all petered out and now I feel pretty much fine. I'm trying so dang hard to remind myself to be patient, she's not even "due" until Sunday, etc...but of course I'm worried about her positioning and why I haven't lost my mucus plug yet, and a whole host of other things that I have no control over. What an interesting waiting game this is.post #70 of 3189/18/12 at 4:48amQuote:
Oh, I think I sleep better with a newborn than right now! Seriously.
Gotcha beat :)post #71 of 3189/18/12 at 5:41am
Wow...I was away for one evening and you all posted 33 times!
Good luck, WCM!
Not much going on here. I've been telling everyone that 9/18 was my due date, so I've been hoping today would be the day. Don't really think so. Too bad, I liked 9/18. It stuck in my head.
DH and I DTD again last night, but I was on top this time, and the weight of me just stretched out my crotch. When we were done it felt like I'd broken my pelvis. Then later baby was burrowing farther down...I think I'm starting to understand what pressure on the cervix feels like. I thought it was pressure on my bladder, but this felt more like the VE I'd had earlier, only from the other side.
Anyway, today i'm going to get my hair cut, I think. Although I'm not sure how comfortable I'll be while they wash my hair, leaning back like that...hmmmm. I thought it might be a nice way to do something for myself. We'll see.
I put another facebook message up last night: "I'm taking a social vacation. Phone is off. Midwife's prescription."post #72 of 3189/18/12 at 5:55am
Thinking of you, WCM!
Love the nerdy birthdate discussion.. my BIL, who's a mathematician, called over the weekend and said he thought it would be the 17th.. and that was good because it's a prime number. ;) There are certain dates that I just don't like, and my husband thinks I'm a total weirdo for it.
Going to have to work on this one-handed typing thing..!post #73 of 3189/18/12 at 6:59amI had a baby!!!!!! UBAC!!
and holy crap, it was intense.
Nova trinity was born at 4:34 am into her daddys hands. labor was quick and intense, I had her in our bath tub, which is also where I labored. She was out in three pushes, my dh caught her. I didn't tear at all, tiny skid mark. She is nursing fine.
After she was born the placenta came within a minute. I was bleeding heavily and had a gut feeling that I would, so I had dh call the ambulance as soon as she was born. I bled heavily, lost consciousness for a minute but the ambulance was already there. Placenta was whole, but my bp was really low. I was better in the ambulance. Bleeding is normal now, bp is still low so im staying here the entire 48 hours. Im also gbs+ so they did a cbc on baby and are awaiting results.
full birth story to come later!
7lbs6oz 21", apgars 9&10post #74 of 3189/18/12 at 7:07ampost #75 of 3189/18/12 at 7:10ampost #76 of 3189/18/12 at 7:16ampost #77 of 3189/18/12 at 7:16ampost #78 of 3189/18/12 at 7:17ampost #79 of 3189/18/12 at 7:30amThread Starterpost #80 of 3189/18/12 at 7:32amQuote:
Same here! I was born 6-25-90... I am the only one of my friends my age that has kids... It's nice to know there are others my age with multiple kids!
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › Long post - anxieties as the parent of a too smart kid 2 minutes ago
- › Bed times 21 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 25 minutes ago
- › How are you staying sane? 27 minutes ago
- › Under what circumstances, if any, would you transfer to a hospital? 29 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 30 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 56 minutes ago
- › How to overcome my social anxiety so DD can meet other kiddos? 59 minutes ago
- › Hair today... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › Is it wrong to get a tattoo while on welfare? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh