I just read that Tereson Dupuy (of FuzziBunz creation) is going to be on Shark Tank September 28th! Seeing as how I used FuzziBunz with our DD, I'm verrrrry interested to see what happens, but I don't have television, lol. This could also be an amazing opportunity to introduce cloth diapers to the mainstream!
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- perfect size fuzzi bunz sale- $10 New! Last post on 6/14/13 at 2:56pm in Diapering
- Need recommended WOOL covers & sizes over Motherease diapers, what fits?Wool chat welcome Last post on 6/14/13 at 12:38pm in Diapering
- Cloth for 5yo? Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:01pm in Diapering
- New to cloth diapering, what style to use? please help! Last post on 6/13/13 at 5:06pm in Diapering
- diaper name Last post on 6/10/13 at 4:50pm in Diapering
Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering Community
Edited on 4/9/13
- Dumping Disposable DiapersEdited on 4/10/13
- Crazy For Cloth: The Benefits Of Cloth DiapersEdited on 10/18/12
- Grapefruit Seed Extract to Treat ThrushEdited on 9/19/10
- WORLD RECORD UPDATE: Simultaneous cloth diaper change record broken...Edited on 11/2/12
FuzziBunz on Shark Tank!post #1 of 109/18/12 at 3:59amThread StarterSponsored Linkspost #2 of 109/30/12 at 6:39pm
Ooh I wonder - I don't have tv either but it should be on hulu I'll check i out. Maybe that's the same episode that they had liz lovely cookies on...(LL had the clip on their fb page) They are gluten free vegan cookies and I thought the 'sharks' were really rude and obnoxious. I am curious to see what they say about CD.post #3 of 1010/1/12 at 11:31am
I saw it. She tanked it.
Had she gone in an told them she just needed money for advertising, she probably could have gotten a deal.
She brought up the "stolen" patent problem and they felt she had too many legal issues for them to help her.
She feels the all the other "knock-off" diapers on the market are stealing from her. She didn't name names, but anyone one who knows the story knows who she was referring too.
I'm kind of sad she didn't make a deal, but I don't think she was being entirely truthful in her sales figures. She claims to have only made $20,000 last year off of more than $3 million dollars in sales.
Personally, I have only purchased a few Fuzzibunz and have about 10 different brands of diapers in my stash. This isn't a monopoly type market and she seems to think hers should be the only ones on the market because it was her idea, 12 years ago.post #4 of 1010/1/12 at 1:49pmpost #5 of 1010/1/12 at 6:25pmpost #6 of 1010/2/12 at 11:08amOn her blog she states that the tv show only chose to air a portion of the actual meeting. Of course they chose the part that would seem the most sensational. She also stated that the show approached her about being on an episode, not the other way around. She also basically states that if she decides to take on an investor it would require more thought and planning than the 24 seconds Mark Cuban gives. Haha! Anyway, I just think it is important to remember that we don't always see everything on tv or know the whole story. I think it's good that cd's got some public attention, especially right before the chemical explosion occurred in the Japanese plant that may affect availability of disposable diapers.post #7 of 1010/9/12 at 8:40am
I was into Cding 8ish years ago when my oldest DS was born and youngest came around 6yrs ago.....so I was into the hoopla around FBs just as they stopped making the whole fleece model and had rounded wings....etc.
FBs had major quality back then to the point where some larges were smaller than a medium, some PTs would be larger than a large or smaller than a small....it was crazy.
I was a HUGE fan of wonderoos when they started out and they were still being made locally and by jessica. Tereson decided to SUE her (again this was about 8yrs ago) because she claimed jessica stole her pocket diaper design.
Bear in mind FBs came in sizes and were just breaking into colors and had plain white fleece.
Wonderoos used pul outers and suedecloth inners and had then a 2 step, and shortly after a 3 step snap rise.
Jessica basically had to fold up shop and stop selling wonderoos because tereson was the big name and had more money to fight, and lo....a couple years later FBs have one size diapers!
Tereson is a GIANT hypocrite and to be honest I doubt she said much that wasn't sensational when she was on sharktank. she looked every bit as crazy as I suspected she generally is.
oh....and the other thing that irked me about FB claiming wonderoos stole their patent for pocket - FBs only had elastic on the pul, not on the fleece (since I haven't done cding in years I don't know if thats the case now) and wonderoos had elastic on both suedecloth and pul sides.
She's just Bat***T crazy IMHO.post #8 of 1010/9/12 at 11:39amFuzziBunz also sued Happy Hienys but when they got to court Terson found out there was enough prior art to over turn her patent. From what I have heard she was institutionalized in a loonie bin for like a year after her divorce.
As for Shark Tank wooing her,mthats a load of BS. I applied to be on that show, you have to practically cut off your left arm to get on the show, you have to send in your financial disclosures, product samples, etc. its a long process, those are real investors and they for sure do not go around begging people to be on the show.post #9 of 1010/9/12 at 12:14pm
if you look at Roos, HH, and FB from the 2003-2004 time frame the three look nothing, nothing alike.
I'm surprised FB didn't go after cottonbabies for bumgenious, or any of the other bigger names now!
I think I heard that, being institutionalized, but being as 3 of my immediate family of 8 (mom and 2 sisters) have been in the nuthouse, I probably have no room to judge...
She is bananas tho. Thats like apple suing anyone who makes a phone with rounded corners. *headshake*
mcdonalds should sue sonic and burger king because they invented the hamburger!
maybe hanes should sue fruit of the loom for copying the undershirt and boxers?
Its asinine at best.post #10 of 1010/17/12 at 12:00pm
I would ask what is the salary she is paying herself to only make 20k from 3m in sales.... And I did hear she is getting materials from China, so the costs cant be an issue.. Interesting when people put it out there.
- Dumping Disposable Diapers
- › What nappys do you use at night time? 9 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 11 minutes ago
- › Does someone with a bigger brain (and/or more time) than me want to... 15 minutes ago
- › vaccines are great 21 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 35 minutes ago
- › Stressful time in life, don't want to take it out on my son... 56 minutes ago
- › Online Baby Registry - what would you include? 59 minutes ago
- › Belly shots 1 hour, 14 minutes ago
- › High risk pregnancy resources in Greenville, SC area? 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 1 hour, 55 minutes ago
- › Naturekins Leak Proof Reusable Nursing Pads by mom2threegrls
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama