I just read that Tereson Dupuy (of FuzziBunz creation) is going to be on Shark Tank September 28th! Seeing as how I used FuzziBunz with our DD, I'm verrrrry interested to see what happens, but I don't have television, lol. This could also be an amazing opportunity to introduce cloth diapers to the mainstream!
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- how we live off the grid.. appreciate any tips to make life easier. Last post on Yesterday at 8:30 pm in Country Living/ Off the Grid
- Itchy rash in cloth diapers Last post on 5/17/13 at 9:28pm in Diapering
- Its me again...Are contours my answer? Who loves contours?with wool? Help.Tie on nappy?How to... Last post on 5/12/13 at 7:50pm in Diapering
- Question for the experienced Last post on 5/16/13 at 4:19pm in Diapering
- Swim Diapers Last post on 5/15/13 at 9:49pm in Diapering
Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering Community
Edited on 4/9/13
- Dumping Disposable DiapersEdited on 4/10/13
- Crazy For Cloth: The Benefits Of Cloth DiapersEdited on 10/18/12
- WORLD RECORD UPDATE: Simultaneous cloth diaper change record broken...Edited on 11/2/12
- A bit of diaper wisdom from India that could help save the AmazonEdited on 11/3/12
FuzziBunz on Shark Tank!post #1 of 109/18/12 at 3:59amThread Starterpost #2 of 109/30/12 at 6:39pm
Ooh I wonder - I don't have tv either but it should be on hulu I'll check i out. Maybe that's the same episode that they had liz lovely cookies on...(LL had the clip on their fb page) They are gluten free vegan cookies and I thought the 'sharks' were really rude and obnoxious. I am curious to see what they say about CD.post #3 of 1010/1/12 at 11:31am
I saw it. She tanked it.
Had she gone in an told them she just needed money for advertising, she probably could have gotten a deal.
She brought up the "stolen" patent problem and they felt she had too many legal issues for them to help her.
She feels the all the other "knock-off" diapers on the market are stealing from her. She didn't name names, but anyone one who knows the story knows who she was referring too.
I'm kind of sad she didn't make a deal, but I don't think she was being entirely truthful in her sales figures. She claims to have only made $20,000 last year off of more than $3 million dollars in sales.
Personally, I have only purchased a few Fuzzibunz and have about 10 different brands of diapers in my stash. This isn't a monopoly type market and she seems to think hers should be the only ones on the market because it was her idea, 12 years ago.post #4 of 1010/1/12 at 1:49pmpost #5 of 1010/1/12 at 6:25pmpost #6 of 1010/2/12 at 11:08amOn her blog she states that the tv show only chose to air a portion of the actual meeting. Of course they chose the part that would seem the most sensational. She also stated that the show approached her about being on an episode, not the other way around. She also basically states that if she decides to take on an investor it would require more thought and planning than the 24 seconds Mark Cuban gives. Haha! Anyway, I just think it is important to remember that we don't always see everything on tv or know the whole story. I think it's good that cd's got some public attention, especially right before the chemical explosion occurred in the Japanese plant that may affect availability of disposable diapers.post #7 of 1010/9/12 at 8:40am
I was into Cding 8ish years ago when my oldest DS was born and youngest came around 6yrs ago.....so I was into the hoopla around FBs just as they stopped making the whole fleece model and had rounded wings....etc.
FBs had major quality back then to the point where some larges were smaller than a medium, some PTs would be larger than a large or smaller than a small....it was crazy.
I was a HUGE fan of wonderoos when they started out and they were still being made locally and by jessica. Tereson decided to SUE her (again this was about 8yrs ago) because she claimed jessica stole her pocket diaper design.
Bear in mind FBs came in sizes and were just breaking into colors and had plain white fleece.
Wonderoos used pul outers and suedecloth inners and had then a 2 step, and shortly after a 3 step snap rise.
Jessica basically had to fold up shop and stop selling wonderoos because tereson was the big name and had more money to fight, and lo....a couple years later FBs have one size diapers!
Tereson is a GIANT hypocrite and to be honest I doubt she said much that wasn't sensational when she was on sharktank. she looked every bit as crazy as I suspected she generally is.
oh....and the other thing that irked me about FB claiming wonderoos stole their patent for pocket - FBs only had elastic on the pul, not on the fleece (since I haven't done cding in years I don't know if thats the case now) and wonderoos had elastic on both suedecloth and pul sides.
She's just Bat***T crazy IMHO.post #8 of 1010/9/12 at 11:39amFuzziBunz also sued Happy Hienys but when they got to court Terson found out there was enough prior art to over turn her patent. From what I have heard she was institutionalized in a loonie bin for like a year after her divorce.
As for Shark Tank wooing her,mthats a load of BS. I applied to be on that show, you have to practically cut off your left arm to get on the show, you have to send in your financial disclosures, product samples, etc. its a long process, those are real investors and they for sure do not go around begging people to be on the show.post #9 of 1010/9/12 at 12:14pm
if you look at Roos, HH, and FB from the 2003-2004 time frame the three look nothing, nothing alike.
I'm surprised FB didn't go after cottonbabies for bumgenious, or any of the other bigger names now!
I think I heard that, being institutionalized, but being as 3 of my immediate family of 8 (mom and 2 sisters) have been in the nuthouse, I probably have no room to judge...
She is bananas tho. Thats like apple suing anyone who makes a phone with rounded corners. *headshake*
mcdonalds should sue sonic and burger king because they invented the hamburger!
maybe hanes should sue fruit of the loom for copying the undershirt and boxers?
Its asinine at best.post #10 of 1010/17/12 at 12:00pm
I would ask what is the salary she is paying herself to only make 20k from 3m in sales.... And I did hear she is getting materials from China, so the costs cant be an issue.. Interesting when people put it out there.
- FuzziBunz on Shark Tank!
- Dumping Disposable Diapers
- › child spacing 1 minute ago
- › Installing headrests in a full size van?? 4 minutes ago
- › Dinner Disaster.... 6 minutes ago
- › when to let cat in the family bed? 6 minutes ago
- › 40 week roll call! 11 minutes ago
- › Getting Out of Debt - May 2013 12 minutes ago
- › Potty training FAIL 14 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 15 minutes ago
- › My 11 yr old daughter is making me nuts with her stubborn backtalk 19 minutes ago
- › At what age does socialization become really important? 24 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11