I've just recently started pm clinicals and dh works nights, so I need some meal ideas that my sitter can handle with everything else they've got to deal with (homework, bedtime, stories, baths). Any ideas are welcome. Thinking some things I can make ahead of time and they can just pop in the oven, easy pastas, frozen from the store stuff?
- categoryNutrition Good Eatingtagged by System, 9/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- Your favorite meatless meal ideas for a non-vegetarian with allergies Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:59am in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Breastmilk and kefir Last post on 3/10/14 at 6:33pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Newbie crockpot question Last post on 3/11/14 at 2:12pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Easy-to-remove canning labels? Last post on 3/10/14 at 12:17am in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Indigo New Mama and Her Indigo Baby and Husband Seeking Kindred Spirit Friends Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:44pm in Washington, Oregon, Idaho
Guest Blogger Patty James on Eating the Rainbow
Last edited: 3/15/13
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in AmericaLast edited: 3/13/13
- La petit gourmandLast edited: 3/6/13
- Feeding Your Children Part V: Practical TipsLast edited: 2/27/13
- Eat Your Brussels SproutsLast edited: 3/7/13
Meal ideas for nights with the sitterpost #1 of 59/20/12 at 8:36pmThread Starterpost #2 of 59/21/12 at 2:55am
Do you have a slow cooker? http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/
Soup is easy to make ahead, freeze, and reheat. My dd loves chili and minestrone.
lasagna or manicotti
Most casseroles can be prepared in advance and just popped in the oven. http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Course/Dinner-Recipes/Casseroles
post #3 of 59/21/12 at 7:13am
I'll second the crockpot and casserole ideas. Stews, chili, soup....
Don't forget that sandwiches can work for evening meals, especially if you have soup or salad alongside.
Stir Fries - I find you can re-heat a stir fry fairly quickly without losing too much quality, especially if the veggies weren't overcooked the first time around.post #4 of 59/21/12 at 7:26ampost #5 of 59/21/12 at 3:57pm
We'll often do tacos as a favorite fast meal here. Some kind of filling that's quick to heat up (so already-seasoned taco meat, or crockpot taco beans, or quick stovetop taco tvp) - and then toppings already cut up and in the fridge. Same things work well for baked potatoes.
Cheese enchiladas are my kiddos favorite oven food - I've had good frozen from the store versions of them too. Baked spaghetti or ravioli are also well-liked (would be easy to do in advance and have for reheating in the oven).
English muffin pizzas or quesadillas (I usually have some cut up raw veggies with either of these).
My kids also love cooked cheese tortellini and warmed jar spaghetti sauce to dip them in (using toothpicks - you could also do pesto for dipping).
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in America
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Severely Irritable Uterus 6 minutes ago
- › Pinching while nursing? 6 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Pfizer Tracking Unvaccinated Children Through Health Insurance 7 minutes ago
- › Traveling to Brazil for World Cup with NONVAX 2 year old. 9 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 15 minutes ago
- › Looking for a banana birthday cake recipe for a 1st birthday... 15 minutes ago
- › Sleeping habits 21 minutes ago
- › help me design my curriculum for next year! (5 year old doing... 22 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild