- topicAllergiestagged by System, 9/22/12
Related Forum Threads
- Allergy help Last post on 12/7/13 at 11:48am in Allergies
- Possible eosinophilic disorder Last post on 11/30/13 at 5:03am in Allergies
- DS2 doesnt digest food well Last post on 11/28/13 at 11:28am in Allergies
- Can food allergies manifest as face bltchiness/under eye redness? Last post on 11/26/13 at 10:01pm in Allergies
- Eliminating wheat/dairy/corn to heal allergies/asthma Last post on 11/28/13 at 11:46am in Allergies
GAPS for Salicylate Sensitivity?
Are you thinking of the Feingold diet which eliminates artificial food dyes, flavorings, preservatives, Aspartame and, initially, salicylates? The place to go is the Feingold Association www.feingold.org . There's also a Yahoo group http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Feingold-Program4us/ and a Facebook page. So worth it.
GAPS is a digestive tract healing protocol. If you're not really sal sensitive but instead are reacting to what's not broken down properly--it makes sense that GAPS would fix that.
Feingold removes sals.
We've done both. We did GAPS several years ago (2005-ish) and weren't even aware we had issues with sals. In 2007-ish, we did Feingold and found we had hellacious issues with sals. We're now going back to GAPS (for my daughter born in 2008) but we were doing it to address my youngest daughter's issues that are not related to sals.
People wind up on GAPS for quite a long time as healing the gut isn't really a "few months" thing. I'm also hesitant. We did several things back in 2005 and it was hard to know what caused what results. I've only seen/heard a few people that rave about GAPS and I wonder how many others there are who may just not have been able to stick to it long enough. But there are people that have done it even a short period of time and seen changes in their childrens sensory issues, etc. So it clearly does something positive.
- › I have a question....(long) 24 minutes ago
- › Stocking stuffers 26 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- The Beaver Moon 35 minutes ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 1 hour, 24 minutes ago
- › Legal Advice Needed Fighting 50/50 Child Custody (Pennsylvania) 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Keeping baby #2 safe in a house with a curious toddler 1 hour, 45 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 1 hour, 53 minutes ago
- › MIL Cut Little Man's Hair! 2 hours, 33 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 2 hours, 43 minutes ago
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo