- topicAllergiestagged by System, 9/21/12
Related Forum Threads
- unsupportive dr, not sure where to go from here. Last post on Today at 7:24 pm in Allergies
- breastfeeding and allergies Last post on 2/12/14 at 9:35pm in Allergies
- Total elimination diet- rice/oat sensitivity? Last post on 2/15/14 at 7:50pm in Allergies
- Toddler helping with contact allergies? Last post on 2/15/14 at 7:22pm in Allergies
- Dairy Allergy and breastfeeding Last post on 3/3/14 at 11:51am in Allergies
GAPS for Salicylate Sensitivity?
Are you thinking of the Feingold diet which eliminates artificial food dyes, flavorings, preservatives, Aspartame and, initially, salicylates? The place to go is the Feingold Association www.feingold.org . There's also a Yahoo group http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Feingold-Program4us/ and a Facebook page. So worth it.
GAPS is a digestive tract healing protocol. If you're not really sal sensitive but instead are reacting to what's not broken down properly--it makes sense that GAPS would fix that.
Feingold removes sals.
We've done both. We did GAPS several years ago (2005-ish) and weren't even aware we had issues with sals. In 2007-ish, we did Feingold and found we had hellacious issues with sals. We're now going back to GAPS (for my daughter born in 2008) but we were doing it to address my youngest daughter's issues that are not related to sals.
People wind up on GAPS for quite a long time as healing the gut isn't really a "few months" thing. I'm also hesitant. We did several things back in 2005 and it was hard to know what caused what results. I've only seen/heard a few people that rave about GAPS and I wonder how many others there are who may just not have been able to stick to it long enough. But there are people that have done it even a short period of time and seen changes in their childrens sensory issues, etc. So it clearly does something positive.
- › Thanks, Pharma. You created the “anti-vaccine movement” 1 second ago
- › A venerable who's who of vaccine skepticism….. 2 minutes ago
- › Feminism, Childcare workers, employment terms 2 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 7 minutes ago
- › Working non conventional hours and childcare? 8 minutes ago
- › Morning Sickness Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Extended Family Childcare Help -- what to do about commitments for... 15 minutes ago
- › unsupportive dr, not sure where to go from here. 17 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 18 minutes ago
- › Grumble: chicken pox 21 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild