Some years back, an MDC mom compiled a list of questions to research for each vaccine. I can't find the list--I'm sure it's buried somewhere in those vast archives--but thankfully I saved the questions.
Unfortunately, I'm missing links to some of the resources below, so I'd love it if someone could provide them!
Happy researching, and good luck to everybody with your decisions!-
Here are some questions to answer for yourself in deciding about vax.
1. Name of the disease
2. Description of the disease
3. Length of time from initial infection to end of all symptoms
4. Infectious period
5. Normal symptoms of the disease
6. Known serious consequences of the disease
7. Proportion of persons infected developing serious consequences
8. Transmission route of the disease
9. Prevalence of the disease
10. Treatments of the disease and efficacy of those treatments
11. Relevant research about the disease
12. Name of the vaccine
13. Company that makes the vaccine
14. Contents of the vaccine
14A. The significance of whether or not the vaccine is live
15. History of development of the vaccine
16. Known side-effects of the vaccine and rate of incidence of those side-effects
17. Possible side-effects not yet acknowledged by the vaccine maker
18. Relevant research into the vaccine
19. How effective is the vaccine at preventing the disease?
20.What is the vaccine meant to do? (Many vaccines are not meant to prevent infection or transmission).
21.Number of cases reported each year.
22.Number of deaths reported each year from the vaccine and natural disease.
Here are some sources to help you out:
Vaccines: The Risks, The Benefits, The Choices 1/18DVD, By Sherri J. TENPENNY
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/mmwr_wk.html (download the current issue)
Health Sentinel Graphs
Vaccine Injury Table
Beyond Conformity Resources Page
Do you have a quick-fire summary?