Hi all, I have a question for those of you who have used vitex and had negative experiences. How long did it take for things to get back to normal?
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts on my situation please ! Last post on Yesterday at 7:22 pm in Trying To Conceive
- No ppaf and one day of EW surrounded by Abundant creamy cm.. Last post on Yesterday at 9:10 am in Trying To Conceive
- Finding a supportive provider for TTC over 40 Last post on 6/17/13 at 6:40pm in Trying To Conceive
- BBT rising on CD4? Last post on 6/17/13 at 4:23am in Trying To Conceive
- How often? Last post on 6/13/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
Negative Esperiences with Vitex?
I have a suspicion that vitex was messing with my GI system, no serious side effects like headaches or blurred vision or anything, just things were not normal when I went to the bathroom (TMI?). I stopped taking it about a month ago and things seem to be evening out since last week.
I also had crazy GI issues along with migranes. I seemed to just feel off too. It took a few weeks for the intestinal stuff to stop. Migraines stopped pretty quickly. Hope you feel better soon....
Thanks for your replies....I took it and in addition to the headaches, which I kind of expected, it made me super uber thirsty, at the same time stifling my hunger. i only took it for about 5 days, but by the end of it i could tell the my electrolytes were off (feeling sick and still thirsty despite being hydrated), food was making me feel unwell, my urine was a weird color and started to smell funny. Not good!
Anyway, I have been off of it for 4 days now, and the most severe symptoms are gone, my appetite came back yesterday so that is helping things a lot...I'm kind of worried that it pushed my fertility in the wrong direction too. I really wish I looked into this more.
Yeah, it was kind of scary...and there are so many general threads on vitex, it takes forever to see if there are negatives about it...I would definitely try to find a practitioner with experience. Like I said, it only took a couple of days for things to get weird, and I was only taking 1/3 of the dose recommended on the bottle. (I was taking a tincture).
I was taking 3 - 80mg capsules a day for almost 2 months before I gave up. This was definitely not the herb for me. I'm doing well this month on Maca. You can see the thread here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1361684/anyone-tried-maca-for-fertility#post_17118528 It doesn't work for everyone either...but I feel like its helped me so far. Keep trying til ya find something that works
- › Force it or Roll with it?? New sibbling issues 2 minutes ago
- › Babywearing-advice 4 minutes ago
- › What is wrong with me?! 5 minutes ago
- › Better late than never...Cody Jacob's birth story 6 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, & Parenting - April, May & June 2013! 7 minutes ago
- › Braxton Hicks 7 minutes ago
- › Terrified. I might be out... 8 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 9 minutes ago
- › ~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ 9 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 12 minutes ago
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama