Hi all, I have a question for those of you who have used vitex and had negative experiences. How long did it take for things to get back to normal?
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive-We Need Your Help!! Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:17pm in Trying To Conceive
- is this positive (CD 14) Last post on 5/22/13 at 8:34pm in Trying To Conceive
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on 5/22/13 at 6:36pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
Negative Esperiences with Vitex?
I have a suspicion that vitex was messing with my GI system, no serious side effects like headaches or blurred vision or anything, just things were not normal when I went to the bathroom (TMI?). I stopped taking it about a month ago and things seem to be evening out since last week.
I also had crazy GI issues along with migranes. I seemed to just feel off too. It took a few weeks for the intestinal stuff to stop. Migraines stopped pretty quickly. Hope you feel better soon....
Thanks for your replies....I took it and in addition to the headaches, which I kind of expected, it made me super uber thirsty, at the same time stifling my hunger. i only took it for about 5 days, but by the end of it i could tell the my electrolytes were off (feeling sick and still thirsty despite being hydrated), food was making me feel unwell, my urine was a weird color and started to smell funny. Not good!
Anyway, I have been off of it for 4 days now, and the most severe symptoms are gone, my appetite came back yesterday so that is helping things a lot...I'm kind of worried that it pushed my fertility in the wrong direction too. I really wish I looked into this more.
Yeah, it was kind of scary...and there are so many general threads on vitex, it takes forever to see if there are negatives about it...I would definitely try to find a practitioner with experience. Like I said, it only took a couple of days for things to get weird, and I was only taking 1/3 of the dose recommended on the bottle. (I was taking a tincture).
I was taking 3 - 80mg capsules a day for almost 2 months before I gave up. This was definitely not the herb for me. I'm doing well this month on Maca. You can see the thread here: http://www.mothering.com/community/t/1361684/anyone-tried-maca-for-fertility#post_17118528 It doesn't work for everyone either...but I feel like its helped me so far. Keep trying til ya find something that works
- Negative Esperiences with Vitex?
- › What do you do when your child bites? 2 minutes ago
- › When does the second trimester start? 3 minutes ago
- › Exercise Ideas 5 minutes ago
- › What can I expect being pregnant with a toddler in tow? 11 minutes ago
- › Fixing the world, one "mixed' baby at a time 15 minutes ago
- › How many TOTAL months have you breastfed? 18 minutes ago
- › Food Cravings 21 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 24th-May 31st~ 38 minutes ago
- › My Gums are Receeding...HELP!!! 39 minutes ago
- › *~ Crafting for Baby~* 46 minutes ago
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Glamourmom Nursing Bra Tank by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo