I've read through the various lazure threads but didn't see this addressed. I am prepping my basement for lazuring now, and am so excited to turn it into a beautiful play and craft space. I took a lazure workshop and learned the technique, but am still uncertain about making the color choices. I know I can use watercolor, acrylics, or just colored paint in eggshell. But I'm overwhelmed with all the color choices available. I want to do a warm yellow going into a pumpkin and then blending into pink and purple at the back of the space. Is anyone willing to share the paint colors they used to achieve a "waldorfy" feel? I love the warm pinks used in the nursery my daughter attended last year, and I'm wary of making my own pinks too candy-colored. And yellow can be tricky too. Anyway, if anyone's willing to let me know how you mixed your pigments (even for other colors), I'd be so grateful!
Related Forum Threads
- Too late to incorporate Waldorf? Last post on 5/29/13 at 8:46am in Waldorf
- Parent-Infant Classes Last post on 6/17/13 at 2:46pm in Waldorf
- Blacksburg, VA? Last post on 5/29/13 at 10:40am in Waldorf
- Playstand plans with arches Last post on 5/28/13 at 1:08am in Waldorf
- Curriculum Last post on 6/3/13 at 7:09pm in Waldorf
Pigment suggestions for lazure?
Oh, and another lazure question! The only low-voc eggshell paint I could find at home depot is self-priming. I feel like that might not be great and I should look for traditional latex paint to make my milk base. But has anyone done it with the new self-priming stuff?
We had our kids' bedrooms lazured, and we used AFM Safecoat glaze with Stockmar paints added to get the colors she wanted. BioShield also makes a lazuring glaze. The walls were primed with AFM paints.
The artist spent a lot of time getting the colors right. For the baby's room, she went with lovely peachy colors. For DD's room, she worked with a swatch of the window treatments to develop a beautiful rose color with shades a violet. Around DD's hobbit hole door (which leads to a secret playroom in her room), the artist used yellows to brighten the entrance to the secret playroom. I am not much help because I relied on the artist, but I know it was a thoughtful, meditative process for her, and it came out beautifully. Good luck!
Thanks Zippygirl! It sounds beautiful. I love the image of the yellow around the door of the secret playroom. :)
One of the reasons I'm reluctant to mix my own color is that, as a beginner, it will be hard to estimate how much glaze to make. If I don't make enough it'll be hard to get the color the same again.
I might just get a few samples of color from the paint store and make a small amount of glaze and practice on a piece of sheet rock.
- › What is okay to let a 3-year old watch/media? 2 minutes ago
- › Literature on Treating Diseases that have Vaccines 11 minutes ago
- › Pro-vax trolls are impersonating disease-injured families on... 12 minutes ago
- › Let's talk baby names! 42 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC-Flower Moon 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › What are u doing for pain/swelling postpartum and afterpains? 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Hip pain with sleeping on side 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › resources for finding (UK) car seats 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › DH problem with anger or me -- overreacting? 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Are there Christians on this DDC or any interested persons in... 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama