I've read through the various lazure threads but didn't see this addressed. I am prepping my basement for lazuring now, and am so excited to turn it into a beautiful play and craft space. I took a lazure workshop and learned the technique, but am still uncertain about making the color choices. I know I can use watercolor, acrylics, or just colored paint in eggshell. But I'm overwhelmed with all the color choices available. I want to do a warm yellow going into a pumpkin and then blending into pink and purple at the back of the space. Is anyone willing to share the paint colors they used to achieve a "waldorfy" feel? I love the warm pinks used in the nursery my daughter attended last year, and I'm wary of making my own pinks too candy-colored. And yellow can be tricky too. Anyway, if anyone's willing to let me know how you mixed your pigments (even for other colors), I'd be so grateful!
- topicWaldorftagged by System, 9/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Staying warm for floortime on cold hard floors Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:35pm in Waldorf
- Waldorf Movement Exercise for First Grade Last post on 2/19/14 at 8:42pm in Waldorf
- Considering Waldorf: Changing Perspectives in Education Last post on 3/4/14 at 9:48am in Waldorf
- Ideas on how to incorporate Waldorf philosophy/style at home Last post on 1/28/14 at 5:10pm in Waldorf
- Anyone know what that peach color and paint style is called that is typical in Waldorf classrooms? Last post on 1/24/14 at 3:13am in Waldorf
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Waldorf Resource ThreadLast edited: 6/27/11
- Waldorf Resource Thread
Pigment suggestions for lazure?
We had our kids' bedrooms lazured, and we used AFM Safecoat glaze with Stockmar paints added to get the colors she wanted. BioShield also makes a lazuring glaze. The walls were primed with AFM paints.
The artist spent a lot of time getting the colors right. For the baby's room, she went with lovely peachy colors. For DD's room, she worked with a swatch of the window treatments to develop a beautiful rose color with shades a violet. Around DD's hobbit hole door (which leads to a secret playroom in her room), the artist used yellows to brighten the entrance to the secret playroom. I am not much help because I relied on the artist, but I know it was a thoughtful, meditative process for her, and it came out beautifully. Good luck!
Thanks Zippygirl! It sounds beautiful. I love the image of the yellow around the door of the secret playroom. :)
One of the reasons I'm reluctant to mix my own color is that, as a beginner, it will be hard to estimate how much glaze to make. If I don't make enough it'll be hard to get the color the same again.
I might just get a few samples of color from the paint store and make a small amount of glaze and practice on a piece of sheet rock.
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 2 minutes ago
- › heyo! from Rhode Island 4 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 8 minutes ago
- › Birth/body preparation tips and ideas 10 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 15 minutes ago
- › Possibly a stupid question from a newbie about cloth stash 17 minutes ago
- › So Thirsty all of the sudden! 34 minutes ago
- › Pfizer Tracking Unvaccinated Children Through Health Insurance 35 minutes ago
- › Birth is Birth is Birth 36 minutes ago
- › another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in... 41 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild