I've read through the various lazure threads but didn't see this addressed. I am prepping my basement for lazuring now, and am so excited to turn it into a beautiful play and craft space. I took a lazure workshop and learned the technique, but am still uncertain about making the color choices. I know I can use watercolor, acrylics, or just colored paint in eggshell. But I'm overwhelmed with all the color choices available. I want to do a warm yellow going into a pumpkin and then blending into pink and purple at the back of the space. Is anyone willing to share the paint colors they used to achieve a "waldorfy" feel? I love the warm pinks used in the nursery my daughter attended last year, and I'm wary of making my own pinks too candy-colored. And yellow can be tricky too. Anyway, if anyone's willing to let me know how you mixed your pigments (even for other colors), I'd be so grateful!
Related Forum Threads
- Playstand plans with arches Last post on 5/14/13 at 1:37pm in Waldorf
- Curriculum Last post on 4/12/13 at 4:39am in Waldorf
- Natural Craft Ideas for Art Fair/Auction Last post on 4/11/13 at 3:49pm in Waldorf
- Waldorf Dress Code- Last post on 5/14/13 at 2:03am in Waldorf
- Christopherus Early Years Last post on 4/24/13 at 11:51am in Waldorf
Pigment suggestions for lazure?
Oh, and another lazure question! The only low-voc eggshell paint I could find at home depot is self-priming. I feel like that might not be great and I should look for traditional latex paint to make my milk base. But has anyone done it with the new self-priming stuff?
We had our kids' bedrooms lazured, and we used AFM Safecoat glaze with Stockmar paints added to get the colors she wanted. BioShield also makes a lazuring glaze. The walls were primed with AFM paints.
The artist spent a lot of time getting the colors right. For the baby's room, she went with lovely peachy colors. For DD's room, she worked with a swatch of the window treatments to develop a beautiful rose color with shades a violet. Around DD's hobbit hole door (which leads to a secret playroom in her room), the artist used yellows to brighten the entrance to the secret playroom. I am not much help because I relied on the artist, but I know it was a thoughtful, meditative process for her, and it came out beautifully. Good luck!
Thanks Zippygirl! It sounds beautiful. I love the image of the yellow around the door of the secret playroom. :)
One of the reasons I'm reluctant to mix my own color is that, as a beginner, it will be hard to estimate how much glaze to make. If I don't make enough it'll be hard to get the color the same again.
I might just get a few samples of color from the paint store and make a small amount of glaze and practice on a piece of sheet rock.
- Pigment suggestions for lazure?
- › Tell me about Greeneville, Tennessee 3 minutes ago
- › Early Intervention for speech 4 minutes ago
- › Cloth diapering and traveling 4 minutes ago
- › Finally Delurking 9 minutes ago
- › Ear piercing and Tetanus 12 minutes ago
- › Previous births, plans for this birth? 13 minutes ago
- › Birth Stories 13 minutes ago
- › Hello! New here! 17 minutes ago
- › 16mo still wakes rubbing face 20 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 22 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by SmilinMomma
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11