I've read through the various lazure threads but didn't see this addressed. I am prepping my basement for lazuring now, and am so excited to turn it into a beautiful play and craft space. I took a lazure workshop and learned the technique, but am still uncertain about making the color choices. I know I can use watercolor, acrylics, or just colored paint in eggshell. But I'm overwhelmed with all the color choices available. I want to do a warm yellow going into a pumpkin and then blending into pink and purple at the back of the space. Is anyone willing to share the paint colors they used to achieve a "waldorfy" feel? I love the warm pinks used in the nursery my daughter attended last year, and I'm wary of making my own pinks too candy-colored. And yellow can be tricky too. Anyway, if anyone's willing to let me know how you mixed your pigments (even for other colors), I'd be so grateful!
- topicWaldorftagged by System, 9/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Rhythm with a 5 month old -- is it possible? Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:15pm in Waldorf
- Logistics of drive time to Waldorf school Last post on 11/10/13 at 1:23am in Waldorf
- waldorf curriculum materials in french Last post on 10/20/13 at 8:30am in Waldorf
- Looking for info on Kamaroi school in Sydney Last post on 11/18/13 at 4:14am in Waldorf
- Waldorf Kindergarten, but will leave the school in second grade. Last post on 10/6/13 at 10:01pm in Waldorf
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Waldorf Resource ThreadLast edited: 6/27/11
- Waldorf Resource Thread
Pigment suggestions for lazure?
We had our kids' bedrooms lazured, and we used AFM Safecoat glaze with Stockmar paints added to get the colors she wanted. BioShield also makes a lazuring glaze. The walls were primed with AFM paints.
The artist spent a lot of time getting the colors right. For the baby's room, she went with lovely peachy colors. For DD's room, she worked with a swatch of the window treatments to develop a beautiful rose color with shades a violet. Around DD's hobbit hole door (which leads to a secret playroom in her room), the artist used yellows to brighten the entrance to the secret playroom. I am not much help because I relied on the artist, but I know it was a thoughtful, meditative process for her, and it came out beautifully. Good luck!
Thanks Zippygirl! It sounds beautiful. I love the image of the yellow around the door of the secret playroom. :)
One of the reasons I'm reluctant to mix my own color is that, as a beginner, it will be hard to estimate how much glaze to make. If I don't make enough it'll be hard to get the color the same again.
I might just get a few samples of color from the paint store and make a small amount of glaze and practice on a piece of sheet rock.
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 58 seconds ago
- › No heartbeat. Gone. 3 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 8 minutes ago
- › Who's wearing maternity clothes? 9 minutes ago
- › Recommend a first-time birth plan? 11 minutes ago
- › Anyone NOT night weaned their older nursling? 13 minutes ago
- › Shameless Cute Baby Thread 13 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 15 minutes ago
- › December Unschooling Thread 15 minutes ago
- › Is anyone still testing? 17 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo