or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › The "Deadly MRSA and "Vaccination"
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "Deadly MRSA and "Vaccination" - Page 2

post #21 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alenushka View Post

I guess because of my work and seeing people die from Melanoma I am not thoring away my sunscreen any time soon.

 

So even if your precious "sun screen" helps give you melanoma you will keep slathering it on.

 

Well I guess it is the American way.

 

LOL!

 

On the serious side you really need to RESEARCH "sun screens".

post #22 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

So even if your precious "sun screen" helps give you melanoma you will keep slathering it on.

Well I guess it is the American way.

LOL!

On the serious side you really need to RESEARCH "sun screens".

Research. You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
post #23 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

On the serious side you really need to RESEARCH "sun screens".

 

 Sun Screen Mess: AVOID them as if Your Life Depended on it

 

"Sunscreen itself may even cause cancer. Five chemicals commonly used in sunscreens have found to behave like estrogen and stimulate tumor growth and spread of cancer cells."   Doctor David Williams MD

 

Study: Many sunscreens increase skin cancer risk, FDA has known for a decade but done nothing

 

  • Screen out UVB eliminating most vitamin D production

  • Until very recently did NOT screen out UVA permitting deep burning increasing skin cancer and photoageing

  • Use has increased 18 fold since 1972 and incidence of melanoma has tripled Now dear people what does this tell you? The sun has gotten three times stronger and sunscreen is worthless? Or does sunscreen promote melanoma? Doctor Cannell thinks this might be so. So do I.

  • Are toxic and increase your risk of all types of cancer and other deadly diseases

 

“In light of these remarkable findings, shouldn't people seriously reconsider the effectiveness and logic of using "protective" sunscreens? What are they protecting you from, a long and healthy life? “ Doctor William Douglass MD

post #24 of 41

I wear my sunscreen proudly all over my body every single day. I cant wait till it gives me cancer. 

 

Skin cancer is the most prevalent form of cancer in our family of hat-wearing, scarf-wearing, year round long sleeve- wearing, redhead family :) Ill take a risk and wear my paraben free sunscreen. 

 

 

Viruses are viruses, bacteria is bacteria. Even if they are treated the same way, any "researcher" would proofread before typing up "information" that they are distributing to the public as fact. 

 

 

Ps. DH works out in the sunshine everyday (with out sunscreen, despite my constant nagging),  takes a vitamin D supplement (calcium + D) and his favorite foods include tuna, sardines, and mushrooms- all rich with vitamin D and he has staph. Just sayin'. 

post #25 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

 

  • Use has increased 18 fold since 1972 and incidence of melanoma has tripled Now dear people what does this tell you? The sun has gotten three times stronger and sunscreen is worthless? Or does sunscreen promote melanoma? Doctor Cannell thinks this might be so. So do I.

 

 

I took Statistics 101 during the same semester as Microbiology 101.  Microbiology taught me the difference between bacteria and viruses, but statistics taught me that correlation is not causation.

 

There are many reasons why melanoma could be increasing.  Perhaps it has something to do with people living longer, increased access to screening/diagnosis, or maybe even increased amounts of skin being exposed to the sun (my ancestors worked in the sun all day, but they usually wore hats, long sleeves, and long pants/skirts as opposed to the tank tops and short shorts of today).  I don't know what causes it--and neither do these people until they prove it in a scientific study.

post #26 of 41

As a fair skinned person, the last few posts have interested me.

 

I have always thought sunlight has value - mostly for Vit. D and seritonin.

 

None-the-less, I have no desire to burn, as it is painful and burns increase the risk of skin cancer.

 

I usually hide indoor in the midday sun (and go out in the morning and late afternoon - sunscreen free).  If i must go out mid-day, I do wear sunscreen.

 

This mainstream article talks about sunscreens and I thought it was quite interesting.  In addition to avoiding paraben, you might also want to avoid oxybenzone and retinyl palmate.

 

http://expatdoctormom.com/2011/06/dangers-of-sunscreen/

post #27 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnra View Post

 

I took Statistics 101 during the same semester as Microbiology 101. 

 

IMO you do not need statistics or a scientific study to have a VERY GOOD idea that sun screens do not help prevent melanoma.

 

http://www.viddler.com/v/6fe3f41a

post #28 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:

Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

 

I usually hide indoor in the midday sun (and go out in the morning and late afternoon - sunscreen free).  If i must go out mid-day, I do wear sunscreen.

 

If the sun casts a shadow longer than you are tall you are not making good vitamin D. Sunscreen will prevent you from making vitamin D.

post #29 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

IMO you do not need statistics or a scientific study to have a VERY GOOD idea that sun screens do not help prevent melanoma.

http://www.viddler.com/v/6fe3f41a

Damn that science and statistics. It's so frickin' inconvenient when they interfere with pre-conceived notions.
post #30 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildKingdom View Post


Damn that science and statistics. It's so frickin' inconvenient when they interfere with pre-conceived notions.

 

OK please show me some of the science showing "sun screens" decrease the incidence of melanoma?

 

Pseudo science will also work.

 

Anything?

 

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/05/24/study-many-sunscreens-may-be-accelerating-cancer/

post #31 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnra View Post
There are many reasons why melanoma could be increasing. 

 

Yes there are.

 

IMO the CHIEF reason is the cheap polyunsaturated vegetable oils we are eating by the TON; in our fast food; in our processed food and other cheap garbage we eat EVERYDAY.

post #32 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

 

If the sun casts a shadow longer than you are tall you are not making good vitamin D. Sunscreen will prevent you from making vitamin D.

Yes - but I will have to weigh that against the fact that I am quite pale and freckled.  I have no interest in burning.

post #33 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

I wear my sunscreen proudly all over my body every single day. I cant wait till it gives me cancer. 

 

When you put anything on your skin it is often absorbed into your body with about an 80% effectiveness. Are you willing to DRINK your precious CHEMICAL sunscreen?

 

That is what you are doing.

 

It is NOT JUST giving you cancer.

post #34 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
I have no interest in burning.

 Nor do I. Burning is not good and it is not nature's way. In nature we start to develop a tan in April and by June have a GOOD tan.

post #35 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louisw View Post

 Nor do I. Burning is not good and it is not nature's way. In nature we start to develop a tan in April and by June have a GOOD tan.

Not all of us.  I look like a lobster if I get sun.  I am of Scottish/Irish/English descent.  

post #36 of 41

Right, not everyone tans. 

 

 

Louis, by your logic, my diabetic mother should be dead by now because of all the sugar scrub she uses every day. That is just absurd. 

post #37 of 41
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adaline'sMama View Post

Right, not everyone tans. 

 

 

Louis, by your logic, my diabetic mother should be dead by now because of all the sugar scrub she uses every day.

 

Well I am certainly glad for you both being alive and well.

post #38 of 41

post #39 of 41
Sunscreen and vitamin D discussions belong in Health and Healing.

Sugar scrubs: um, maybe in Natural body care?

Funny gifs? I think those are ok in all subforums, but I can confirm that with an admin. ROTFLMAO.gif
post #40 of 41
LouisW, so if vitamin D cures almost everything, why do people who get enough of it from the sun still die? Stands to reason IF what you say is true, they wouldn't die of various diseases. And you all know that you can overdose on fat soluble vitamins, of which D is one?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › The "Deadly MRSA and "Vaccination"