but not pro-circumcision?
Don't get me wrong...I'm against genital mutilation and the positive - or even neutral - portrayal of it on mothering.com. But let's examine the similarities between vaccination and routine infant circumcision:
- They're both medical interventions done to a healthy child
- Neither is immediately necessary for medical reasons
- They both alter the natural state of the body
- They both have risks, including the risk of death
- They both have experts for and against the procedure
- There's scientific evidence used to support and reject both interventions
-They're both widely accepted - even pushed on parents - by the mainstream medical community (more so in the US for circ)
My opinion is that in light of the similarities, supportive discussion should be allowed for both, or not allowed for either.