or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Fitness and Weight Management › 8 Week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge 5.0 (enrolling thru 10/10, starts 10/8)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

8 Week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge 5.0 (enrolling thru 10/10, starts 10/8) - Page 6

post #101 of 337
Thread Starter 

First Week with Team Assignments:

 

  8-Oct
Name Week 1
bilbi 198
briannas auntie 276
crazy cat lady 237
dmitrizmom 167.8
gracynnsmommie 270
katmtb 155
 
MamaLeslie 165
MarieP 129
Smilesarefree  
tealsmith83 143.5
tillymonster 219.4
Valid28 156.6
Amandamarie 210.5
AmandaT 169.5
 
C is for Cookie 154.8
Contented73  
diana_of_the_dunes 161
incorrigible 243.4
IsaFrench 162
JoyFilled 189
lilacvioletiris 248.2
maciasci 151
marymom 140
nobodymove 134.6
tropicana 150

 

 

Starting weight for Team Orange: 2311.8 lbs

Starting weight for Team Purple: 2313.8 lbs


Edited by Dmitrizmom - 10/13/12 at 1:31pm
post #102 of 337

4 mile bike ride today with DH and DS.  joy.gif  Wish we could do this all the time...alas vacation will soon be over.

post #103 of 337

walked LOADS yesterday

planning to clean the flat energetically today, for at least 2 hours ....

(have to miss my Thrusday swim + Tai Chi class because of a medical appointment)

 

have been to see an accupuncturist for various medical matters on Tuesday ... am hoping that it will ALSO help me to be more self-disciplined about portion sizes .... & help my body to regulate itself a bit better than it had done over the last 11 years ....

post #104 of 337

forgot to add, IF i get to go to Paris for 3 days, then i'll weigh myself on Tuesday am not Monday for next weigh-in

post #105 of 337

Go Team Purple!!

 

Yesterday I did

-35 minutes on the stationary bike

-a few Yoga poses

-Wii Fit rhythm boxing (10 minutes)

-Wii Fit advanced step

-crunches (I could only do about 10 irked.gif )

 

and I ate well with a big salad for dinner! 

 

Today I'm going for a walk on the boardwalk with a group of mom friends so that should be a nice light workout. Tomorrow I go for an apt with a trainer at the gym so I don't want to do anything to strenuous. 

post #106 of 337

Orange is my favorite colorjoy.gif

 

it's raining here today and we southern californians don't do well in the rain so I can't go outside to do my planned c25k workout. But I will do zumba .

post #107 of 337

Woot! Purple Team! <3

 

I did 1 hour of yoga today.

 

Yesterday, I must of ate something that went bad because....I was sick to my stomach so I didn't eat all that much besides my breakfast smoothie and my dinner of lemon flounder with california blend broccoli. The taco salad for lunch was what made my stomach went wacko so I had to chug some green tea to flush it out. lol. That might have been TMI. 2whistle.gif

 

Anyways, I feel fine now so my diet is back to normal. redface.gif

post #108 of 337

I'm having a slow start, as I have been sick and feverish since Tuesday. I did go for a long walk today, and hope to feel up to something more vigourous tomorrow. Diet has been crappy, since I have no energy and have been making easy/fast/not as balanced food for kids and scrounging, rather than putting in any effort. Planning to make some tom kha broth tonight so I can make easy soups for a few days.

 

Go team Orange! (Orange is my son's favourite colour)

post #109 of 337

Sorry, I have to drop out of the challenge, because I got a BFP yesterday, after a year of trying! Praying for a sticky bean and to keep my weight gain minimal. 

post #110 of 337

Well, sorry for the dealy.  Been super busy lately, but my name is Jessie and I am the proud aunt to my 3 1/2 year old neice, Brianna.  I am currently trying to become pregnant and need to lose some weight to help my chances of becoming a mommy.belly.gifhomebirth.jpg  My boyfriend, Derek, is also helping me with losing weight by going to the gym with me everyday.wool.gif

 

Currently, my weight is 276 pounds.  I used to weigh 198 in 2008, but I got raped by a caregiver who was supposed to help me after a major surgery, and the weight skyrocketed after that.  It was my way of preventing the same thing happening to me again.  Fortunately, through Christian Counceling, I have healed quite a bit and am starting to get my life back and lose weight. The only problem is that I will lose inches, but no actual weight on the scale.  My doctors tell me its because I am gaining a lot of muscle mass and that is good, but its frustrating.  I want the number to go down on the scale.

Due to having gastroparesis, I can't eat a lot of raw fruits and veggies, so I eat these ground up like baby food.  I also have to be on very high protein formula (vanilla Promote formula).  Its like Ensure, but has 3 times as much protein in it, because I don't get enough protein through meat and stuff like that.  I drink 3 cans of this a day and take a liquid protein supplement once a day called Promod.  eat.gif

 

As far as exercise, due to a low level spinal cord injury (I can't feel anything mid-thigh on down)wheelchair.gif, I am limited to the exercises I can do safely.  So far, I do these exercises daily:

swimming for 30 minutes

working on the exercise bike for 30 minutes

weight lifting for 20 minutes

standing in my standing frame for 1 hour a day

                I love weight lifting, because it makes me feel powerful and strong.  Not only that, it keeps my upper body in shape for using a manual sports wheelchair and for playing wheelchair basketball and tennis.  thumb.gif

 

 

My goals for this week are:

1. eat healthier (less junk food)goorganic.jpg

2. stick with my exercise routine dailywool.gif

3. meditate dailyom.gif

4. repeat positive affirmations dailylove.gif

 

Have a great week everyone. Together, we will help each other lose weight.

post #111 of 337

I have not really been eating well or exercising much this week duck.gifbut I did a iodine test yesterday and found that my iodine levels are REALLY low which means my thyroid is also probbaly rather low. This explains SO MUCH! I will get some suppliments tomorrow and hopefully this will make me feel better, restore my energy levels and make my thyroid work better so weight loss will be slightly easier as well.

 

I am drinking my lemon water and green tea every day but not enough. So now that I've said it I am going to go pour a big glass and get moving in the right direction.

post #112 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Sorry, I have to drop out of the challenge, because I got a BFP yesterday, after a year of trying! Praying for a sticky bean and to keep my weight gain minimal. 

 

anyalily - Congrats on your BFP!!!  Sending sticky vibes your way and best wished for a happy, healthy, uneventful 9 months!!!  joy.gif 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by briannas auntie View Post

Well, sorry for the dealy.  Been super busy lately, but my name is Jessie and I am the proud aunt to my 3 1/2 year old neice, Brianna.  I am currently trying to become pregnant and need to lose some weight to help my chances of becoming a mommy.belly.gifhomebirth.jpg  My boyfriend, Derek, is also helping me with losing weight by going to the gym with me everyday.wool.gif

 

Currently, my weight is 276 pounds.  I used to weigh 198 in 2008, but I got raped by a caregiver who was supposed to help me after a major surgery, and the weight skyrocketed after that.  It was my way of preventing the same thing happening to me again.  Fortunately, through Christian Counceling, I have healed quite a bit and am starting to get my life back and lose weight. The only problem is that I will lose inches, but no actual weight on the scale.  My doctors tell me its because I am gaining a lot of muscle mass and that is good, but its frustrating.  I want the number to go down on the scale.

Due to having gastroparesis, I can't eat a lot of raw fruits and veggies, so I eat these ground up like baby food.  I also have to be on very high protein formula (vanilla Promote formula).  Its like Ensure, but has 3 times as much protein in it, because I don't get enough protein through meat and stuff like that.  I drink 3 cans of this a day and take a liquid protein supplement once a day called Promod.  eat.gif

 

As far as exercise, due to a low level spinal cord injury (I can't feel anything mid-thigh on down)wheelchair.gif, I am limited to the exercises I can do safely.  So far, I do these exercises daily:

swimming for 30 minutes

working on the exercise bike for 30 minutes

weight lifting for 20 minutes

standing in my standing frame for 1 hour a day

                I love weight lifting, because it makes me feel powerful and strong.  Not only that, it keeps my upper body in shape for using a manual sports wheelchair and for playing wheelchair basketball and tennis.  thumb.gif

 

 

My goals for this week are:

1. eat healthier (less junk food)goorganic.jpg

2. stick with my exercise routine dailywool.gif

3. meditate dailyom.gif

4. repeat positive affirmations dailylove.gif

 

Have a great week everyone. Together, we will help each other lose weight.

 

Glad to see you here!  I'm sorry to hear of the path leading to us, but I am excited for us to keep each other motivated and moving forward.  Hoping that you are successful in your weight loss journey and starting your family.  hug2.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post

I have not really been eating well or exercising much this week duck.gifbut I did a iodine test yesterday and found that my iodine levels are REALLY low which means my thyroid is also probbaly rather low. This explains SO MUCH! I will get some suppliments tomorrow and hopefully this will make me feel better, restore my energy levels and make my thyroid work better so weight loss will be slightly easier as well.

 

I am drinking my lemon water and green tea every day but not enough. So now that I've said it I am going to go pour a big glass and get moving in the right direction.

 

Getting enough fluid is hard!  Thank you for reminding me that  I really need to drink more... water, that is. :p

post #113 of 337

So, I just finished unpacking the LAST of the boxes dh brought me in the last trip....and low and behold, there was my scale at the bottom of it. lol

 

If you would like to change my starting weight, I'm 241.8 today. If it's too much trouble, it's not a big deal to me....I just thought I'd share the info for honesty's sake. ;)

 

I have to say this challenge has been THE ticket for me. I swear I've been doing the exact same things for the last year and not lost a pound...but without something to keep my attention on my habits, I guess I was having "little" slip ups much more often than I realized. I've finally pushed past that wall and I'm so appreciative.

post #114 of 337

Got a job, got a job, got a jobjumpers.gif I'm so excited. Didn't work for over a year and didn't work full time for over a decade... So now I have a great incentive to try harder and lose weight before I go buy a new work wardrobe. Walked outside for 50 minutes hope to do zumba later.

 

Go Orangethumbsup.gif

post #115 of 337
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post

If you would like to change my starting weight, I'm 241.8 today. If it's too much trouble, it's not a big deal to me....I just thought I'd share the info for honesty's sake. ;)

 

I have a slightly different proposal for you...  How about I take the average of the two weights... Today is the 4th day in and you may have lost some weight this week already...  Would make the entry 242.6 lbs... LMK. 

post #116 of 337

heh. that works for me. =D

post #117 of 337

I just finished the legs and back routine. I couldn't finish ab ripper because AF decided to show up today in full blast and have been cramping. Yuck. crap.gif

At least I did something for today. redface.gif
 

post #118 of 337
Thread Starter 

did a great spin/treadmill/abs workout with a friend yesterday morning.  then a 30 minute run while dd1 was at her piano lesson after school.

 

this morning did boot camp - it felt great.  Wanting another workout tonight... thinking about taking the kids roller skating. biggrinbounce.gif

post #119 of 337

Raining hard out today, so I think it will be just a day to do a wheelchair aerobics video at home.

post #120 of 337

Today I did 25 minutes on the elliptical then 20 on the treadmill

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fitness and Weight Management
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Fitness and Weight Management › 8 Week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge 5.0 (enrolling thru 10/10, starts 10/8)