Every other UC group I've tried to post on seems to have very few active members and no one willing to respond to me and I'm running short on time to wait around for people to see my posts.
I know I'm not exactly typical of the UC community at large, but I really need to talk to someone who might have some understanding of my situation and willingness to at least give me their thoughts. I am 37 years old and 37-ish weeks pregnant with baby #8. My history includes one unmedicated hospital birth, followed by 3 augmented/induced hospital births with epidurals, a midwife assisted homebirth with hospital transfer due to pph and 2 more augmented/induced hospital births with a UC loss at 12 weeks in between. I don't want to wind up augmented or induced again because I will inevitably go for the epidural to cope with the intensity of the contractions. I don't really want to go to the hospital again, but my DH was unsupportive of my homebirth and the pph cemented his opinion that it was never the way to go. I'm hoping for some last minute help on herbal support for the end of pregnancy and ways to possibly get DH on my side in trying for a UC - so far the only dreams I've had of this birth involve me having the baby at home while DH is not here and I could probably handle that, but I'm not really sure the kids would be ok with it.
Why I want a UC:
- I know my body can do natural birth and I know I recover better/faster that way, but the hospital thing is not conducive to natural
- I hate being messed with/kept from eating/drinking/sleeping
- I don't want to have to argue over my stance on newborn procedures/vax
- As much as I know about what's best for me and for baby, I am not good at standing against authority anyway and even less so while in labor and I know DH will just sign whatever they tell him to sign and do whatever they tell him is best
My main concerns:
- Another pph (risk factors: previous pph, history of large babies, # of previous births, red-headed genes and possibly my age <eyeroll>)
- A minor bleeding episode (light bleeding for 3-4 days after doing some major yard work for a week) at 18-22 weeks that could have been my only indication of something like previa (I've had bleeding for a large part of 2 other pregnancies and one of those was the homebirth with pph)
Other pertinent information:
- Birth weights of my babies in order: 7lbs 8oz, 8lbs 5oz, 9lbs 11oz, 8lbs 12oz, 10lbs, 9lbs 14oz, 9lbs 10oz
- Gestational lengths of my pregnancies in order: 39w 3d, 40w 4d, 41w 3d, 41w 4d, 41w 5d, 41w, 12w, 41w 1d and I am at 37w 3d now, thinking baby will be interested in finding out what's going on in the outside world around Halloween
- Have been drinking a quart of RRL/day for almost a week and bought Christopher's 6 week formula, but have been reluctant to use it in case it's more an induction-type formula than just a good support to an older, stretched out uterus (the web contradicts itself on which herbs are doing which jobs and I do not want to mess with anything that might put me at risk for pph or pushing baby to come before 40w)
I apologize for the length of the post, but I wanted to give as much information as I can to get the right kind of help.
Thanks for reading,