my daughter is now 1 month old and ever since she was 2 weeks old around there, she started getting congrstion is her nose, now it seems like its getting worst and starting to have a cough with it. she is having trouble breathing as well. so her 1 month appt. was today and all they said was that she was colic and the formual is getting into her nasel paasway....but her breathing is getting me really scared that there might actually be something wrong. should i bring her to the ER? what should i do?
- categoryHealth Healingtagged by System, 9/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Leg cramps during period? Last post on Yesterday at 5:53 pm in Women's Health
- Chronic Illness Support Thread Last post on Yesterday at 6:40 pm in Women's Health
- Junk Food Cravings - Grrrrr Last post on 12/5/13 at 2:56pm in Women's Health
- Hypothyroid treatment and hair issues Last post on 12/3/13 at 6:33pm in Women's Health
- WARNING: Morning after pill loses effectiveness if ur more than 165lbs Last post on 11/26/13 at 5:52am in Women's Health
Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
congestion and hard breathing for my newbornpost #2 of 59/26/12 at 6:31pm
Poor little girl!! I`m surprised your doctor didn`t check her nose or throat.
Always listen to your heart in that matter. If you think she needs to be seen by a doctor or she has difficulty breathing you need to take her to the doctor. At 1 month my baby was also congested and it lasted for a couple of weeks too. What helped us was making the air moist in her room. Run a humidifier in her room and stand in the shower room with her after a nice, steamy shower. This should help the mucous get loose and then suction her nose gently.
Also, if she has trouble breathing at night, try elevating her head a little. There are special, hard pillows that keep baby`s head slightly elevated. or you can just put a small blanket under her mattress.
Also, lots of snuggling :)
Hope she feels better soon.
post #3 of 59/26/12 at 6:52pm
Mine is congested too and it is scary. Dr. has checked and doesn't find anything specific, he said keep breastfeeding, use nose bulb, and can use saline drops too.
You said your baby is starting to cough though, which mine is not. Since it is whooping cough season that would concern me, especially if she is struggling to breath. I would at the very least put in a call to your doctors nurse line or on-call doc. And remain alertto changes, worsening.And of course if you feel the er is warrented, don't hesitate.post #4 of 59/26/12 at 7:16pm
Maybe it's something as simple as dust? check the ceiling fan, the furnace filter, etc...(yeah, I'm writing from experience....had a great idea to finally vacuum dust the blinds and fan in my ds room and bingo....he's been coughing and sneezing up a storm...and the special air filter didn't help at all.........just be mindful of RSV....I want to say that when the dr thought ds had it years ago, kept saying something about if bubbles were coming out of his nose....(not really sure what that was all about)post #5 of 59/27/12 at 7:04am
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your Pediatrician
- › hard to handle mother in law, my son's only living grandparent..... 6 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 6 minutes ago
- › December -- What did you accomplish today? 8 minutes ago
- › Coping for the Highly Sensitive Parent 10 minutes ago
- › Piercing baby ears - okay or not? 11 minutes ago
- › Does breastfeeding "ruin" your breasts? 14 minutes ago
- › Hello! 16 minutes ago
- › Front carrier for newborn? 17 minutes ago
- › The Master Tonic 21 minutes ago
- › Synthetic marijuana and DS's psychotic episode 21 minutes ago
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo