my daughter is now 1 month old and ever since she was 2 weeks old around there, she started getting congrstion is her nose, now it seems like its getting worst and starting to have a cough with it. she is having trouble breathing as well. so her 1 month appt. was today and all they said was that she was colic and the formual is getting into her nasel paasway....but her breathing is getting me really scared that there might actually be something wrong. should i bring her to the ER? what should i do?
- categoryHealth Healingtagged by System, 9/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Has anyone had revision surgery on a perineal tear? Last post on Yesterday at 11:44 pm in Women's Health
- hope this helps Last post on 3/13/14 at 12:43pm in Women's Health
- Gallstones and pregnancy Last post on 3/11/14 at 9:16am in Women's Health
- Would this pic concern you or is this a lighting/angle issue Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:37pm in Women's Health
- Need Answers. Last post on 3/10/14 at 4:39pm in Women's Health
3 Family-Tested Secrets to Not Getting Sick
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
congestion and hard breathing for my newbornpost #2 of 59/26/12 at 6:31pm
Poor little girl!! I`m surprised your doctor didn`t check her nose or throat.
Always listen to your heart in that matter. If you think she needs to be seen by a doctor or she has difficulty breathing you need to take her to the doctor. At 1 month my baby was also congested and it lasted for a couple of weeks too. What helped us was making the air moist in her room. Run a humidifier in her room and stand in the shower room with her after a nice, steamy shower. This should help the mucous get loose and then suction her nose gently.
Also, if she has trouble breathing at night, try elevating her head a little. There are special, hard pillows that keep baby`s head slightly elevated. or you can just put a small blanket under her mattress.
Also, lots of snuggling :)
Hope she feels better soon.
post #3 of 59/26/12 at 6:52pm
Mine is congested too and it is scary. Dr. has checked and doesn't find anything specific, he said keep breastfeeding, use nose bulb, and can use saline drops too.
You said your baby is starting to cough though, which mine is not. Since it is whooping cough season that would concern me, especially if she is struggling to breath. I would at the very least put in a call to your doctors nurse line or on-call doc. And remain alertto changes, worsening.And of course if you feel the er is warrented, don't hesitate.post #4 of 59/26/12 at 7:16pm
Maybe it's something as simple as dust? check the ceiling fan, the furnace filter, etc...(yeah, I'm writing from experience....had a great idea to finally vacuum dust the blinds and fan in my ds room and bingo....he's been coughing and sneezing up a storm...and the special air filter didn't help at all.........just be mindful of RSV....I want to say that when the dr thought ds had it years ago, kept saying something about if bubbles were coming out of his nose....(not really sure what that was all about)post #5 of 59/27/12 at 7:04am
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
- › Has anyone had revision surgery on a perineal tear? 11 minutes ago
- › DH makes weird statements about food when I try to discuss our food... 13 minutes ago
- › Midwives in CT (again...) 22 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 45 minutes ago
- › What healthy meals have you eaten today? 48 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 56 minutes ago
- › organizing before baby comes... 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › I want to rebuild my cloth diaper stash from the ground up with... 1 hour, 10 minutes ago
- › 16 weeks pregnant and thinking of getting a young dog. Am I crazy? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Who is saying vaccines don't make money?? 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild