my daughter is now 1 month old and ever since she was 2 weeks old around there, she started getting congrstion is her nose, now it seems like its getting worst and starting to have a cough with it. she is having trouble breathing as well. so her 1 month appt. was today and all they said was that she was colic and the formual is getting into her nasel paasway....but her breathing is getting me really scared that there might actually be something wrong. should i bring her to the ER? what should i do?
- categoryHealth Healingtagged by System, 9/26/12
Related Forum Threads
- Please educate me on staph infections Last post on 4/16/14 at 2:43pm in Women's Health
- HHS seeking comments regarding provider non-discrimination in health plans. Deadline 10 June 2014. Last post on 4/12/14 at 5:32am in Women's Health
- nausea and fatigue- several bfn Last post on 4/12/14 at 7:19am in Women's Health
- HFM, not just for kids...UPDATE Last post on 4/10/14 at 8:12am in Women's Health
- What's causing my ds tummy pain? Last post on 4/2/14 at 7:08am in Women's Health
3 Family-Tested Secrets to Not Getting Sick
Last edited: 1/2/14
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?Last edited: 11/2/13
- The Crunchy Mom’s Guide to Working with Your PediatricianLast edited: 10/25/13
- An asthma epidemic and a climate crisisLast edited: 10/31/12
- Mood NeurotransmittersLast edited: 6/27/11
congestion and hard breathing for my newbornpost #2 of 59/26/12 at 6:31pm
Poor little girl!! I`m surprised your doctor didn`t check her nose or throat.
Always listen to your heart in that matter. If you think she needs to be seen by a doctor or she has difficulty breathing you need to take her to the doctor. At 1 month my baby was also congested and it lasted for a couple of weeks too. What helped us was making the air moist in her room. Run a humidifier in her room and stand in the shower room with her after a nice, steamy shower. This should help the mucous get loose and then suction her nose gently.
Also, if she has trouble breathing at night, try elevating her head a little. There are special, hard pillows that keep baby`s head slightly elevated. or you can just put a small blanket under her mattress.
Also, lots of snuggling :)
Hope she feels better soon.
post #3 of 59/26/12 at 6:52pm
Mine is congested too and it is scary. Dr. has checked and doesn't find anything specific, he said keep breastfeeding, use nose bulb, and can use saline drops too.
You said your baby is starting to cough though, which mine is not. Since it is whooping cough season that would concern me, especially if she is struggling to breath. I would at the very least put in a call to your doctors nurse line or on-call doc. And remain alertto changes, worsening.And of course if you feel the er is warrented, don't hesitate.post #4 of 59/26/12 at 7:16pm
Maybe it's something as simple as dust? check the ceiling fan, the furnace filter, etc...(yeah, I'm writing from experience....had a great idea to finally vacuum dust the blinds and fan in my ds room and bingo....he's been coughing and sneezing up a storm...and the special air filter didn't help at all.........just be mindful of RSV....I want to say that when the dr thought ds had it years ago, kept saying something about if bubbles were coming out of his nose....(not really sure what that was all about)post #5 of 59/27/12 at 7:04am
- Thanks for Thinking Pink, Hollywood, Now How About Kids with Cancer?
- › DIY Cleaning Products 12 minutes ago
- › Constant anxiety 12 minutes ago
- › Age gaps? 13 minutes ago
- › Pre-teen wild child? 13 minutes ago
- › Starting to feel better 17 minutes ago
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 18 minutes ago
- › Weird bumps and growths on my face! argh 19 minutes ago
- › helpful "tools" during labor 22 minutes ago
- › April Chat! 23 minutes ago
- › April Unschooling Thread 24 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness