my daughter is now 1 month old and ever since she was 2 weeks old around there, she started getting congrstion is her nose, now it seems like its getting worst and starting to have a cough with it. she is having trouble breathing as well. so her 1 month appt. was today and all they said was that she was colic and the formual is getting into her nasel paasway....but her breathing is getting me really scared that there might actually be something wrong. should i bring her to the ER? what should i do?
- categoryHealth Healing
Related Forum Threads
- whats the best elderberry syrup brand? Last post on Yesterday at 6:11 pm in Health and Healing
- Random nighttime vomiting + swollen, puffy face/abdomen in 11-year-old Last post on Yesterday at 6:42 am in Health and Healing
- Does anyone have AVIVA ROMM'S respiratory immune tonic recipe? Last post on Yesterday at 7:17 am in Health and Healing
- Orthokeratology for Children Last post on 5/19/13 at 10:52pm in Health and Healing
- Fevers: Is it normal for my dd to get fevers within 3 weeks of each other? Last post on 5/20/13 at 10:14am in Health and Healing
congestion and hard breathing for my newborn
Poor little girl!! I`m surprised your doctor didn`t check her nose or throat.
Always listen to your heart in that matter. If you think she needs to be seen by a doctor or she has difficulty breathing you need to take her to the doctor. At 1 month my baby was also congested and it lasted for a couple of weeks too. What helped us was making the air moist in her room. Run a humidifier in her room and stand in the shower room with her after a nice, steamy shower. This should help the mucous get loose and then suction her nose gently.
Also, if she has trouble breathing at night, try elevating her head a little. There are special, hard pillows that keep baby`s head slightly elevated. or you can just put a small blanket under her mattress.
Also, lots of snuggling :)
Hope she feels better soon.
Mine is congested too and it is scary. Dr. has checked and doesn't find anything specific, he said keep breastfeeding, use nose bulb, and can use saline drops too.
You said your baby is starting to cough though, which mine is not. Since it is whooping cough season that would concern me, especially if she is struggling to breath. I would at the very least put in a call to your doctors nurse line or on-call doc. And remain alertto changes, worsening.And of course if you feel the er is warrented, don't hesitate.
Maybe it's something as simple as dust? check the ceiling fan, the furnace filter, etc...(yeah, I'm writing from experience....had a great idea to finally vacuum dust the blinds and fan in my ds room and bingo....he's been coughing and sneezing up a storm...and the special air filter didn't help at all.........just be mindful of RSV....I want to say that when the dr thought ds had it years ago, kept saying something about if bubbles were coming out of his nose....(not really sure what that was all about)
- congestion and hard breathing for my newborn
- › Move to Hawaii with only one income? 1 minute ago
- › Ipad for homeschooling 3 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 4 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 5 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 8 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 14 minutes ago
- › Did anyone not have gestational diabetes during a previous... 20 minutes ago
- › Do Cesareans limit your family size? 50 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions: May 2013 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › Gilligan & O'Malley® Womens Full Sling Long Nursing Tank by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo