My lo is 17 months and has been on a delayed vaccinating schedule. I have her 18 month appt scheduled for the beginning of November and I am so scared. I want to stop vaccinating, and I know this will not go over well with my pedi. I also want to make sure stopping now, after all these shots, is the right choice. I am also scared that this will be a huge fight to get into NY schools. I am just so lost and unsure, I could use some help and advice. Thank you!
Delayed schedule deciding to stop all vaccinations
There is no harm in stopping vaccinating after starting. You have a few years before school requirements are an issue, and if your ped. "fires" you from his/her practice, you can find another who is more supportive and accepting of your parenting choices and rights. :)
I know it's a hard decision. You can always resume vaccinating later on if you choose to do so, but please don't let a doctor bully you into doing something you are opposed to. You don't have to explain yourself to anyone, regardless of your decision.