Pokey, thank you so much for your thoughts - I hope you are right and it was not too late. Yes, I have been temping but of course because I barely slept last night it didn't really make sense to temp today because I was in and out of bed so often. We did the IUI and thankfully, the midwife said my cervix and CM looked really good so maybe the negative OPK this morning was not a bad sign. She may have been trying to keep my spirits up but I do think she was sincere. Now we wait!
Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productFertile Focus Ovulation Microscopetagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productFirst Response Ovulation Test, 7-Test Kittagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productManual of Intrauterine Insemination and Ovulation Inductiontagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productOvulens Saliva Ovulation Testertagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productQueer Families, Common Agendas: Gay People, Lesbians, and Family Valuestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Queer Conceptions: February 2013 Last post on 2/28/13 at 4:49pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting! November, December, and January 2013!!! Last post on 2/5/13 at 1:56pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
- UPDATED: Noorjahan being induced! Last post on 8/7/11 at 9:25am in August 2011
- Prenatal tests, are there any you're refusing? Last post on 8/2/11 at 2:38pm in March 2012
Will "Gay Friendly" McDonald's Ad Air in the U.S.?
Last edited: 3/20/13
- Twelfth Way for Dads to Change the World: Take the kids to a march...Last edited: 3/14/13
- It's a Good Day for a White WeddingLast edited: 3/5/13
Queer Conceptions - October 2012 - Page 4post #61 of 39410/4/12 at 12:12pmpost #62 of 39410/4/12 at 12:57pmpost #63 of 39410/4/12 at 1:20pmThread Starter
Sphinxy - I think your timing sounds perfect. We're using fresh, but people using frozen around here seem to try to inseminate 24-36 hours after the first positive OPK. So you should be good! I hope this is it for you!
How is everyone else in the TWW? 4 DPO, and nothing to report. I'm working this weekend, don't know if that's good or bad for passing the time, but at least it's a distraction. We'll see if we can make it to next Sunday. Hopefully AF doesn't crash the party before then.
cordelia - I see you have tested the waters over in QP&P. You ready to graduate? What's the news? I'm so happy for you!post #64 of 39410/4/12 at 2:27pm
Sphinxy - I think your timing sounds fine. Honestly! I wouldn't worry about it at all. It was not a throw-away attempt. You usually O 24-36 hours after O, and you want to insem with frozen sperm about as close as you can get to that. You inadvertently did a great job. Now, enjoy your two week wait (of torture).
How's everyone doing in the TWW? Symptom spotting? Feeling totally relaxed?
AFM - I had a follie scan/E2 check today. I am growing 5 lovely little follicles, which is exactly what we had hoped for, ranging from 9-13 in size. My lining is nearly 10mm. My E2 has double since CD3. I am feeling great. If only I could stop panicking and freaking out every time I have to have an injection or blood draw, this would be awesome.post #65 of 39410/4/12 at 2:44pmpost #66 of 39410/4/12 at 3:23pm
SD -- I can't believe how close we are on this cycle! I am on CD8, and tonight will be my sixth injection.
Here are some things I have tried to do while getting an injection (and I don't think any of them worked at all to distract me):
reading Harry Potter
reading Bitterblue by Kristin Cashore
watching gilmore girls
watching other random tv shows
listening to taylor swift's new pop single
begging my wife to stop / wait / reconsider
I thought about painting my nails but that could be a disaster. Maybe tonight I'll try eating a pop tart.post #67 of 39410/4/12 at 3:30pmpost #68 of 39410/4/12 at 4:16pmpost #69 of 39410/4/12 at 4:31pmpost #70 of 39410/4/12 at 4:42pm
sphinxy ., I actually think that sounds like good timing and good cervix and CM trump exact OPK timing in my book!
mrsandmrs. . sounds like those follies are moving along perfectly! FX
easttowest. . distraction is good but as far as I know the 2WW is always slow!!! oh and can you leave me here a few more days? I don't think I get to see a heartbeat for four more weeks so I promise I won't camp out that long if things go well.
outdoorsy. . home that egg is meeting sperm by now and moving towards a roosting spot!
fmmorris. . FX for you too!
pokey. . how many DPO are you now? how are you feeling aside the sleeping like crap and stress?post #71 of 39410/4/12 at 7:06pm
Fmorris, Outdoorsy, east2west: good luck tww'ers. fx really tight.
mrsandmrs: I would love to understand alittle about your current process. Maybe you've already explained this but how come you are doing ultrasounds/bloodwork everyday up to O? Just curious.
Scorpio: good luck getting your swimmers keepers (a.k.a KDs)
Sphinxy: I agree with Pokey, I think that your timing was spot on. Typically my + opks are negative the next day too.
AF question: For all of you who have done/are doing timed inseminations with stimulating meds, folli scans, etc- do you monitor fertility signs like CM, and do an ovulation predictor kit?post #72 of 39410/4/12 at 7:36pm
invitn - we are using follistim for this cycle, which is a daily injection starting (for me) on cd 3. my doc likes to monitor estradiol (e2) and do daily ultrasounds starting on cycle day 8 - if the follicles are getting out of control, they can reduce your dosage or if they aren't growing fast enough, they can increase your dosage. i get a follistim injection every day (we do this at home) from cd3 until the day we do a trigger shot, and daily e2 bloodwork and ultrasound (which we do at the clinic) until that too. So, i guess it is not really until O, just until the hcg trigger shot.
re: monitoring fertility signs with opk's and stuff - I did it my first cycle on clomid, and it made me feel more in touch with what was happening. but by the second one, I thought "I am paying for these ultrasounds and professional opinions, it is a waste of my time to stress about BBT or OPKs." So I just stopped. the monitoring is more accurate than those secondary signs, and meds can disrupt your fertility signs. clomid can make you ovulate late and dry up your cervical mucous. the trigger shot and progesterone supplements affect your BBT so that your temps aren't helpful. it was just redundant and unnecessarily stressful for me.post #73 of 39410/4/12 at 8:02pmpost #74 of 39410/5/12 at 6:29ampost #75 of 39410/5/12 at 9:20am
Hi cordelia--I meant to say I sleep badly and feel stressed right before I O, not right now. I've been sleeping pretty well and not feeling too stressed. I am 11DPO, and I will test on Sunday. I'm feeling pretty good. Not trying to read too much into anything. I hope you are feeling well.
outdoorsy- So glad you are back in the TWW again!
easttowest -I'm happy your timing worked out fine and I hope the TWW is not too hard on you two this time and that you get some happy news soon!
mrsandmrs and SanDiego - I hope your shots are going well and you are growing lots of happy follies. You're almost there for the big O.
fmorris - I hope your TWW is going well and that it goes by quickly!
AFM - Sorry I have been MIA. I have been reading along and thinking about all of you. Work has been busy since I moved my desk and started working with new folks. It's been going well though so that's nice. I'm getting a haircut on Sunday. Since I am testing in the morning it will either be really fun or the saddest haircut ever. Wish me luck!post #76 of 39410/5/12 at 10:06ampost #77 of 39410/5/12 at 11:49ampost #78 of 39410/6/12 at 6:47am
easttowest, mrsandmrs, fmorris, cordelia, and invitn - thank you for your kind words and reassurance!
mrsandmrs - i think "inadvertently did a great job" may be my new motto :)
easttowest - would you please add me to the "Waiting to Know" list?
pokey - good luck tomorrow!!!
A question for those of you who have started taking prenatal vitamins already - may I ask on here what brands you like? My midwife gave me some samples the other day, and I think they are upsetting my stomach even if I take them with food. I don't dare interpret this as any early signs!
I can't believe it's only been two days. Time is passing sooooo sloooooow.....post #79 of 39410/6/12 at 11:15am
Hey Everyone: I feel like I have been MIA... I was so disappointed to have BFN... But excited that we are possibly using a KD this and/or next month. He is gay, adorable, in my partner's PhD program at UofMichigan. So kind. We feel blessed and lucky to know him. It is hard to wait for the final YES from him and then to start making plans, but we will move forward with frozen sperm this month if we are still figuring things out with him later in the month.
The KD process is pretty amazing. I am finding it to be really spiritual. There is a lot more to navigate... But since I am a law student I am already working on the contract for him to sign. Ha! That will keep me busy... I am also looking forward to the advantage that fresh sperm will bring us if everything works out with KD.
My estimated date of ovulation is October 31, so we have awhile. AF is due on the 13th. I normally have really long cycles, which is good for planning but tough to wait :)
We ordered more OPKs from Save-on-tests and I enjoyed a beer yesterday. Ha! One silver lining, although certainly not enough to compensate for the disappointment. There is part of me that believes what is meant to be will be, but when you are queer you need to make things happen!!
Everyone in Braving 2ww: GOOD LUCK! I am rooting for that implantation and sending good strong fertile thoughts your way!!
Q: when does my info start showing up on the bottom of my posts? I have to post for awhile, don't I?
- Twelfth Way for Dads to Change the World: Take the kids to a march...
- › Bajingo Mamas and Babies - Having babies in our 30s - '11, '12,... 15 seconds ago
- › Ways to increase blood volume? 5 minutes ago
- › March Unschooling Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Question about pumping 7 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 7 minutes ago
- › Upcycle - What works better than "baby items"? 9 minutes ago
- › pregnancy weight gain question 11 minutes ago
- › Middletown, Ohio - groups, resources, meetings, etc? 11 minutes ago
- › When one parent has to miss child's birthday, what to do? 12 minutes ago
- › Are you exercising? 19 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Brian Leaf
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea