or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › The "One" Thread for Sept. 30 - Oct. 7
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The "One" Thread for Sept. 30 - Oct. 7 - Page 3

post #41 of 61
Thread Starter 

Kitteh, we seem to be on the same cycle! I am now 2 DPO. There will be no symptom spotting. I am going to proceed as if there is no chance I could be pregnant and if I get surprised, then YAY. I have way too much going to to obsess about the 2WW. Sigh.

 

SweetMama, let me know when you want me to graduate you.

post #42 of 61

Hmm, this morning I took my temp and it was almost the same as yesterday's, and when I plugged it into Fertility Friend it bumped my crosshairs up to the 1st of Oct instead of the 30th of Sept. I don't really understand why, but I was still feeling crampy and I think I still had watery CM and a fairly high cervix then, so maybe they are right. But the last time we BD'd was on the 29th. I felt alright about that when thinking that I O'd on the 30th, but if it wasn't til the next day then I guess our chances are lower. I know I'm not entirely out yet, but it's kinda disappointing.

 

I think I'm finding it hard not to symptom spot right now because I don't have a lot going on this week, but next week is super busy so that combined with the possible later O date should help me share your attitude and approach, anyalily. So now that I'm still 3DPO you and I are pretty much cycle twins. When are you thinking of testing?  I'm going to immerse myself in everything that is going on next week and not test until AFTER my half marathon on Sunday. We are renting an RV on Thursday night and leaving bright and early Friday morning to drive up the coast. I'm excited, DH and I have always talked about road tripping and he is really interested in seeing Northern CA. So I think I might just leave my pregnancy tests at home so I won't even be tempted to test until we get back on Monday. I should be 14dpo and CD32 by then.

post #43 of 61

love your vacatıon play kıtteh!!  DH and I want to do somethıng very sımılar!!  I thınk you should totally leave the tests at home and just enjoy the vacatıon :)

post #44 of 61

I would like to join here as "waiting to be ready." I want to do some dietary changes, lose my last 15 lbs, look at different supplements etc, so that I can do my best to avoid another miscarriage next time. I just had a miscarriage last week. The bleeding just ended the day before yesterday. It was early and despite being physically and somewhat emotionally painful. I just want to be as healthy as I can before trying again. I'm thinking to actually actively start trying/not avoiding January or February. I've read that is about how long I would need to see health improvements that could make a difference.

 

I always seem to get pregnant very quickly. This last pregnancy that ended was no exception. I have had really heavy periods (filling a menstrual cup in 1 hour) in the past and then started drinking a cup of strong red raspberry tea once a day and the period just before I got pregnant was pretty normal. I think it actually regulated things. I was really getting that baby itch and decided we would stop avoiding. My husband wasn't really wanting to avoid anyway. We got pregnant right away. I found out around 3 weeks 5 days and then miscarried around a week later. Could it just be my hormones haven't fully regulated since stopping breastfeeding/getting my cycle back? I've only had 2 PP cycles and one sort of cycle/MC. I am worried about taking supplements to help because I don't want to screw myself up either. I was considering a progesterone cream though. As, I do suspect I am low. Any advice? I'll post this outside this thread too.

 

I read through the thread and congrats to those who are moving on and I hope all the best for those working towards a little bundle of joy.

post #45 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

I would like to join here as "waiting to be ready." I want to do some dietary changes, lose my last 15 lbs, look at different supplements etc, so that I can do my best to avoid another miscarriage next time. I just had a miscarriage last week. The bleeding just ended the day before yesterday. It was early and despite being physically and somewhat emotionally painful. I just want to be as healthy as I can before trying again. I'm thinking to actually actively start trying/not avoiding January or February. I've read that is about how long I would need to see health improvements that could make a difference.

 

I always seem to get pregnant very quickly. This last pregnancy that ended was no exception. I have had really heavy periods (filling a menstrual cup in 1 hour) in the past and then started drinking a cup of strong red raspberry tea once a day and the period just before I got pregnant was pretty normal. I think it actually regulated things. I was really getting that baby itch and decided we would stop avoiding. My husband wasn't really wanting to avoid anyway. We got pregnant right away. I found out around 3 weeks 5 days and then miscarried around a week later. Could it just be my hormones haven't fully regulated since stopping breastfeeding/getting my cycle back? I've only had 2 PP cycles and one sort of cycle/MC. I am worried about taking supplements to help because I don't want to screw myself up either. I was considering a progesterone cream though. As, I do suspect I am low. Any advice? I'll post this outside this thread too.

 

 

Welcome to the thread! I hope you conceive quickly, without trouble and that it's a sticky baby next time around!

 

I don't know what the answers are, as I've had very similar questions - I wanted to do ANYTHING to figure out why I miscarried. I thought maybe because my eggs were older this time (it's been 7 years since I've been pregnant), because it was a different father, because my progesterone is low, or because it was too soon after having an IUD removed (even though I was given the go ahead right away).

 

The fact of the matter is, there's just sometimes no way to know for sure. Some m/c just happen - they've done some studies and learned that quite often, the embryo has a fatal defect and it's 'nature's way' - which feels awful to us mamas - but I did take comfort in trusting that what was meant to be happened, and it's okay to move forward thinking everything CAN and WILL work out for me.

 

As for progesterone - I squawked just enough and got my midwife's office to agree to draw it today along with my second HCG. It's good to know...just a blood draw....easy fix. I'd encourage you to ask for that, because it'll give you peace of mind on at least one of the issues that we can monitor easily.

post #46 of 61

Congrats to the graduates!  Good luck everyone. :)

 

 

Hi there!  I would like to join here as Waiting to O.

 

I had a very early miscarriage yesterday so I'm bleeding now.  

 

Baby specific I'm taking FUR extract @ 2 droppers morning and eve; 1 tsp maca powder morning; and red rasp & nettle tea.

 

Generic health-wise: I've been off alcohol for 2 months, off of smoking for 6 months, I'm on GAPS, and taking FCLO, MK-7, Jarrow's B-Right and Dr. Furhman's Gentle Prenatal.

 

I am *on* this.  mischievous.gif

 

VCW

post #47 of 61

Hi Guys!

 

So, something weird is going on with my body. AF is supposed to star today, but didn't. When I woke up this morning, I had very bad cramps on my right side. I was told last year that I had a cyst on my right ovary, about the size of an orange. The cyst has never really bother me before, but I can hardly move it hurt so bad. So I called the doctor today, and she wanted me to come in right away. She is worried about an etopic (spelling) pregnancy. I am going to see her tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!

post #48 of 61

virgo - welcome! So sorry about your loss. Congrats on the changes you've made to become healthier. Wishing you a peaceful, easy journey from here on out.

 

inlove - fingers crossed all is okay for you! Be sure to update us.

 

anya - can you please move me to graduates? My second beta was 149 (my last one, less than 48 hours ago was 47!) Progesterone was drawn also...14.8 (but I don't know what it means - lol).

post #49 of 61

@ sweetmama http://www.livestrong.com/article/81879-progesterone-levels-first-trimester-pregnancy/

 

And thanks for the words. I know maybe there is nothing that I did or could have done. I just want to do my best to be as healthy as I can realistically manage before trying again. That and we have to move in a couple months and it would be nice if I could actually help lift heavy furniture and stuff, so it kind of works out in that way. I am impatient to try again, but I'm doing my best to stay calm and focus on the tasks of the present.

post #50 of 61

Congrats Sweetmama! I wish you a healthy and happy pregnancy and birth  joy.gif

post #51 of 61

AFM: AF arrived today. gloomy.gif  Anyalily could you please move me to waiting to O.

post #52 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitteh View Post

Hmm, this morning I took my temp and it was almost the same as yesterday's, and when I plugged it into Fertility Friend it bumped my crosshairs up to the 1st of Oct instead of the 30th of Sept. I don't really understand why, but I was still feeling crampy and I think I still had watery CM and a fairly high cervix then, so maybe they are right. But the last time we BD'd was on the 29th. I felt alright about that when thinking that I O'd on the 30th, but if it wasn't til the next day then I guess our chances are lower. I know I'm not entirely out yet, but it's kinda disappointing.

 

I think I'm finding it hard not to symptom spot right now because I don't have a lot going on this week, but next week is super busy so that combined with the possible later O date should help me share your attitude and approach, anyalily. So now that I'm still 3DPO you and I are pretty much cycle twins. When are you thinking of testing?  I'm going to immerse myself in everything that is going on next week and not test until AFTER my half marathon on Sunday. We are renting an RV on Thursday night and leaving bright and early Friday morning to drive up the coast. I'm excited, DH and I have always talked about road tripping and he is really interested in seeing Northern CA. So I think I might just leave my pregnancy tests at home so I won't even be tempted to test until we get back on Monday. I should be 14dpo and CD32 by then.

Kitteh, I think my method is just a result of my stressful and distracting project... Also, I have symptom spotted every month I have tried, and never ended up being pregnant, so I do not trust my instincts when it comes to being pregnant... The one difference this month is that I have work commitments in the summer and fall of next year, so I will need to avoid for a few months if we didn't catch it this time...

post #53 of 61
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJenny View Post

AFM: AF arrived today. gloomy.gif  Anyalily could you please move me to waiting to O.

Sorry darlin'. That sucks.

post #54 of 61
Thread Starter 

Welcome DayisComing and Virgocantwait. I am sorry to hear about your losses. Hopefully your stays here will be short and sweet. Dayiscoming, I am with you wanting to get healthy. It is so hard putting off trying when working on health stuff, at least for me. I am deep in a rut. I have more like 30-40 pounds to lose ideally... I have a bad back and had a rough time the first time around with DD.

 
Quote:
Originally Posted by InLove2009 View Post

Hi Guys!

 

So, something weird is going on with my body. AF is supposed to star today, but didn't. When I woke up this morning, I had very bad cramps on my right side. I was told last year that I had a cyst on my right ovary, about the size of an orange. The cyst has never really bother me before, but I can hardly move it hurt so bad. So I called the doctor today, and she wanted me to come in right away. She is worried about an etopic (spelling) pregnancy. I am going to see her tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!

 

InLove, I am sending hopeful thoughts to you!

post #55 of 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by anyalily View Post

Welcome DayisComing and Virgocantwait. I am sorry to hear about your losses. Hopefully your stays here will be short and sweet. Dayiscoming, I am with you wanting to get healthy. It is so hard putting off trying when working on health stuff, at least for me. I am deep in a rut. I have more like 30-40 pounds to lose ideally... I have a bad back and had a rough time the first time around with DD.

Thanks.

I have lost 48 lbs this year. I know how hard it is. This is the second time around that I lost a lot. Last time was before I got pregnant with my third and then I gained everything back. It was so sad. But, I didn't work out and by the end I lost some control over how much I was eating - third trimester cravings. Things I know I can change the next time around. Just got to avoid letting myself go. No excuses unless there's a VERY good one. :) I have found it's about exercise, portion size, eating good, nutritious foods, and taking a few health promoting vitamins and supplements. I could have lost all the weight by now, but it is HARD to stay on task. I've been good for about 4 months now. That's the longest ever and I feel like I can finally keep it up.

I do pilates (highly recommended), walk away the pounds, mini trampoline (sometimes), zumba and walking with my family to stay active. Just in case you would like some ideas. :)

post #56 of 61

Hi all! I've been MIA for a while, but thought I'd jump back in since I have a little more free time. I just finished nursing school and passed my state boards, so that's a big chunk of what was keeping me busy! I start my first RN job next week, working in pediatrics! 

Just wanted to check in and say 'hello'. I hadn't posted very much before I I got so busy, so I look forward to "talking" to you all! :) 

post #57 of 61

JustJenny: while it sort of sucks I'm also happy to have you as a cycle buddy, AF showed up yesterday for me too. hug2.gif

 

That being said, anyalilly, can I please be moved back to waiting to O? Thanks.

post #58 of 61

 hug2.gif Dakipode - Funny how we're cycling together, huh?  Maybe we'll get a bfp together too someday....

 

Virgo- hug2.gif for your loss. I just had one in July its awful. Congrats on making all your healthy decisions! You are on your way....

 

Dayiscoming- hug2.gif for you too. I hope you are able to find peace and sanity while you wait to try again. Good luck on your weight loss journey....

post #59 of 61

anyalily: everything ok? You are usually so prompt with the new thread. Not complaining, just want to make sure you're doing alright.

post #60 of 61

anyalily: I hope you were simply busy.

 

 

 

I decided to try again right away after all. I just felt wrong preventing things for what feels like no good reason. I weigh less than I did with all my other pregnancies, I eat better, I get more exercise, etc. I'm more of a trust in the Lord's timing kind of gal typically, but was kind of nervous because of the miscarriage. I read up and it is safe to try again immediately after a chem pregnancy/early MC. So, that's what we are doing. I'm continuing with healthy eating and regular exercise.

 

So, you can list me as 2WW though I think it may be more of a 2-3 WW, but I'm pretty sure I O'd today based on CM, temps and other things. Thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › The "One" Thread for Sept. 30 - Oct. 7