or Connect
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › April DDC ~ October ~ Chat

April DDC ~ October ~ Chat - Page 8

post #141 of 333

We switched our name list again.. instead of Jackson Orion, we're leaning towards Boston Avery. Girls name is set as Calliope, I really like Calliope Jane, BUT both DD and I have M middle names, and I kind of want to keep that going, not sure though. Only M name we can agree on is MY middle name which is Michelle.

I'm only 13 weeks, I have lots of time to decide this, but go figure this stuff is what keeps me up until 1 am ROTFLMAO.gifI'm a planner. I like to have a plan, and hate going into things blind. I'm the type who is done Christmas shopping in July and plans my kids birthday parties for the next year the day after their birthday. I guess it's just my nature to NEED a name. 

post #142 of 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFF4NY View Post

Can I just whine for a moment? I may not have all day nausea anymore but I cannot help but gag when I'm helping to wipe my 2 year old daughter after a bowel movement. DH is on his annual family hunting trip until late next week so I'm on full time duty for the little one. Just now I nearly lost my lunch after her going and it never affected me prior to becoming pregnant. Even the smell of her pee is getting to me but since she is potty trained I just have her wipe herself. The poop she's not so good at wiping yet so I'm still on the job. This sucks so much... 

 

Oh no! Poor thing :( I've only gagged at a few diapers since being pregnant, but none of my own kids, those don't bug me and idk why... 

Would she do better wiping if she had baby wipes to use? I keep disposable baby wipes in the bathroom for DD after pooping, only way she gets everything and I don't find streaks in her undies.

post #143 of 333
Phew. Been exhausted during my entire Ohio trip so far. Missing DP too. Go home on Thursday. Have my early screening ultrasound a few days later. I'm just looking forward to confirming the presence of only one fetus. I have zero reason to think I'd have twins, but what can I say? I'm paranoid. lol

So anxious to know whether Turducken is a boy or girl. I hate, hate, hate waiting to know things. And I'm getting more and more stressed worrying about DH getting into school. I mean, I'm not going to know for sure until May 15th whether we will be moving 8000 miles with a newborn and a 4yo. And if yes, we would be moving within a couple of months after finding out. Talk about not enough time to plan things! Cross-border moving is a giant pain in the ass. And with my mom's health being soooooooo bad, I really want to move back home. My dad is working so hard to take care of her. I could be helping out if we lived nearby. He can't even leave the house unless an aide is here to be with my mom. If we lived in the area I could run errands for him, do some cleaning, cook dinner once a week, plus share our leftovers when I cook a really big recipe. I'm so stressed and worried right now that I'm not even enjoying being pregnant. There's no excitement for me at the moment. I think finding out whether I get to have another daughter or I get to have a son, would go a long way towards giving me something positive to get stoked about. Since I'm not set on having either, I don't think I'll be disappointed either way.
post #144 of 333

 this is our 11week U/S.. they have grown since then! Baby B is very active and hard to get a photo of!!!

 

 

 

post #145 of 333

SO CUTE!!
 

post #146 of 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaineCoastMama View Post

 

Anyone else's libido back on track, or anyone experiencing prolonged disinterest?

It's weird how the things they say are sometimes so true, based on trimester.

My libido never went off track. Maybe because I'm a newlywed? Although I was single when I was pregnant with my daughter and my libido didn't take a dip then, either. I'm definitely experiencing a 2nd trimester increase, though! Enjoying it as much as I possibly can! I'm curious about the biology of why the 2nd trimester causes increased libido. I suppose it's a nice break from the crazy hormones and fatigue/nausea/etc and brings both partners closer to prepare for co-parenting. Anyone have a different opinion?

post #147 of 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMam View Post

Phew. Been exhausted during my entire Ohio trip so far. Missing DP too. Go home on Thursday. Have my early screening ultrasound a few days later. I'm just looking forward to confirming the presence of only one fetus. I have zero reason to think I'd have twins, but what can I say? I'm paranoid. lol
So anxious to know whether Turducken is a boy or girl. I hate, hate, hate waiting to know things. And I'm getting more and more stressed worrying about DH getting into school. I mean, I'm not going to know for sure until May 15th whether we will be moving 8000 miles with a newborn and a 4yo. And if yes, we would be moving within a couple of months after finding out. Talk about not enough time to plan things! Cross-border moving is a giant pain in the ass. And with my mom's health being soooooooo bad, I really want to move back home. My dad is working so hard to take care of her. I could be helping out if we lived nearby. He can't even leave the house unless an aide is here to be with my mom. If we lived in the area I could run errands for him, do some cleaning, cook dinner once a week, plus share our leftovers when I cook a really big recipe. I'm so stressed and worried right now that I'm not even enjoying being pregnant. There's no excitement for me at the moment. I think finding out whether I get to have another daughter or I get to have a son, would go a long way towards giving me something positive to get stoked about. Since I'm not set on having either, I don't think I'll be disappointed either way.



hug.gif:hugOh, sweetie. What a lot on your plate.

My only advice comes fom my experience of losing my beloved father...he was dx with brain cancer when my son (who is about to turn 9) was 6 weeks old. We had three months with him, traveling the 380 miles with the baby, often with all the kids, so I could take care of him, and so we could all spend time with him. Knowing that we spent as much time as we could in helping him was the greatest gift to all of us after he passed.

I hope your husband gets into the school and that you find some centering peace about this baby. My thoughts are with your whole family.

Love, penelope
post #148 of 333

I'm already freaking out about the fact that my due date (as projected) leaves me using up my 6 weeks paid maternity and 1.5-2 weeks unpaid on the end of the school year, providing it's not "medically warranted" that I can take those last 1.5-2 weeks. I find it nervewracking to think about leaving the baby for 2 weeks and being back in the classroom all day when the baby is 6 weeks oldish. 

 

Let's just say it was medically indicated, by some stretch of the imagination...is that something a CNM can make a note for, or does it have to be the OB/GYN?

post #149 of 333

ahh....It's been busy in here....gone for the weekend and come back to a whole new page LOL....

I'm doing ok. Nothing too exciting going on. Gotta get school going again here in a jiffy...not in the mood to be teacher-mom but I have to lol. I just wanna be lazy....dang it. I also gotta try to regain control of the house since we were all sick....it's insane how the house can lose control in two days but takes me two weeks to catch it back up. BLAH lol.

post #150 of 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by alaskanmomma View Post

We switched our name list again.. instead of Jackson Orion, we're leaning towards Boston Avery. Girls name is set as Calliope, I really like Calliope Jane, BUT both DD and I have M middle names, and I kind of want to keep that going, not sure though. Only M name we can agree on is MY middle name which is Michelle.

I'm only 13 weeks, I have lots of time to decide this, but go figure this stuff is what keeps me up until 1 am ROTFLMAO.gifI'm a planner. I like to have a plan, and hate going into things blind. I'm the type who is done Christmas shopping in July and plans my kids birthday parties for the next year the day after their birthday. I guess it's just my nature to NEED a name. 

 

Right now our names are Maxwell Julian or Amelia Juliet - but as with my other two pregnancies, that could easily change right up until birth.  But we will not be finding out the sex of the baby.

And I love Calliope, that is on our name list as well.

post #151 of 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MommyRuth View Post

My libido never went off track. Maybe because I'm a newlywed? Although I was single when I was pregnant with my daughter and my libido didn't take a dip then, either. I'm definitely experiencing a 2nd trimester increase, though! Enjoying it as much as I possibly can! I'm curious about the biology of why the 2nd trimester causes increased libido. I suppose it's a nice break from the crazy hormones and fatigue/nausea/etc and brings both partners closer to prepare for co-parenting. Anyone have a different opinion?

I have no idea, but I can say that my libido has increased in the last week since I hit 12 weeks... Since I'm closer to the second trimester, I guess that's why. For a while, I was just completely neglecting poor hubs. 

BUT I was wondering if any of you experience pain or discomfort during sex now that you're pregnant. It may sound strange, but intercourse has just gotten too painful lately. It's just uncomfortable. I'm fine with foreplay. (Sorry, this is TMI.) I just hope I'm not strange... I don't have any infections. I asked my doctor about it when it first started and he said that I didn't have any infections and that it can happen with more blood flow to that area and whatnot. It's getting frustrating because I don't know how long it's going to last! 

 

And Cananny, I'm soo jealous! That is so precious! 

post #152 of 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambihelton View Post

I have no idea, but I can say that my libido has increased in the last week since I hit 12 weeks... Since I'm closer to the second trimester, I guess that's why. For a while, I was just completely neglecting poor hubs. 

BUT I was wondering if any of you experience pain or discomfort during sex now that you're pregnant. It may sound strange, but intercourse has just gotten too painful lately. It's just uncomfortable. I'm fine with foreplay. (Sorry, this is TMI.) I just hope I'm not strange... I don't have any infections. I asked my doctor about it when it first started and he said that I didn't have any infections and that it can happen with more blood flow to that area and whatnot. It's getting frustrating because I don't know how long it's going to last! 

 

And Cananny, I'm soo jealous! That is so precious! 

 

My libido has come back, but mainly because my exhaustion has gone away so I can stay up past 8pm.

 

And yes bambi - I have pain almost every time, with all 3 pregnancies.  I feel like my cervix is lower or something and it can get quite painful in the wrong positions. However, it seems once things get going and I just keep going even with the pain, it seems to go away during that session, if that makes sense.  I don't know why.  Also, I have bleeding (pink only) after each session as well.

post #153 of 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenlea View Post

 

My libido has come back, but mainly because my exhaustion has gone away so I can stay up past 8pm.

 

And yes bambi - I have pain almost every time, with all 3 pregnancies.  I feel like my cervix is lower or something and it can get quite painful in the wrong positions. However, it seems once things get going and I just keep going even with the pain, it seems to go away during that session, if that makes sense.  I don't know why.  Also, I have bleeding (pink only) after each session as well.

Ugh. I'm sorry you have to go through it too. It's frustrating.. But I think you're right. The longer you endure it, the less painful it becomes. I don't have any spotting or anything after intercourse though. Not yet, anyway. But from what I understand, it's pretty normal if it does happen. 

 

On top of that, with the second trimester coming, I have some ridiculous food cravings. I have eaten nothing but potato soup for three days... and it's more delicious every single time!

 

post #154 of 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambihelton View Post
BUT I was wondering if any of you experience pain or discomfort during sex now that you're pregnant. It may sound strange, but intercourse has just gotten too painful lately. It's just uncomfortable. I'm fine with foreplay. (Sorry, this is TMI.) I just hope I'm not strange... I don't have any infections. I asked my doctor about it when it first started and he said that I didn't have any infections and that it can happen with more blood flow to that area and whatnot. It's getting frustrating because I don't know how long it's going to last! 

 

Of course. For what it's worth, try some positions where you're more in control, like on top.  That way I don't have to whine at dh; I can just adjust it myself without ruining his fun.  Of course dh is sensitive to my pregnant situation, but I certainly kill the mood when I mention to take it easy.

I occasionally pink spotted in my earlier pregnancies and would just lay off for a few days.

post #155 of 333
My desire is def back at this point, i think abt it and dream abt it alot! lol (I'm 16 weeks today) however with all the bleeding I have had since 11 weeks, I've been on pelvic rest since then. And we are way to terrified to even go there, once/if they lift it... I sure miss my hubby that way. But it's totally worth it for this precious miracle.
post #156 of 333

I can't tell any difference in libido, in reference to entering the second trimester. Things definitely slowed down during the first tri, though, and I honestly haven't missed it much. We've sort of moved to an every-three-days sort of schedule, I'm sure my husband doesn't like it especially but he is being very considerate of how I'm feeling. I will say, though, that the magic 14 week number seems to have brought with it less nausea and fatigue, and the bloat is gone- the last two days have been pretty great. Hopefully the sex is yet to come! ;)

 

On another note- I THINK I am feeling the baby. Maybe. I have NEVER felt gas like that, anyway! LOL.

Is it normal/common to feel like your uterus is REALLY tender? Just pressing to feel the fundus or laying on my stomach doesn't hurt, per se, but it does feel really TENDER. And I have definitely been experiencing some abdominal muscle stretching.  

post #157 of 333

I am back on track too. And we were newlyweds as of July 7th. We weeeere on a schedule of every day or every other day. That's how I got in this blessed situation so quickly! Once my fatigue got heavy, my interest in sex waned/I was asleep before our "usual" time. We'd have intentional morning sex just to be able to get to it. Gladly, I'm feeling much better and things are closer to usual. But I think everyone's different and everything's ok!

post #158 of 333
Thanks Penelope.

I'm both looking forward to going home (I miss DH), and dreading it...because I just want to stay in Ohio. I looooooooove Canada for a hundred reasons. But I grew up here, and the older I get, the more I want to live here, and raise DD here. I'm actually hoping DP gets in at the local medical school here, but not in Calgary (which is his top choice). Part of me feels bad for hoping he doesn't get what he wants...but mostly I feel like it's not unreasonable for me to be where *I* want to be while he gets to pursue his dream and I put mine on the back burner, ya know?

I keep having some nausea, which is weird, since I'm 12 weeks and it was starting to go away. It may just be some food issues though. Sometimes things are made differently in the US and it upsets my tummy, even when I'm not pregnant.

Feeling less exhausted too. That's a REALLY good thing. There is so much for me to do before April.

My mom and Grandma were both thrilled to hear DD is going to be a sister. The men didn't really have much to say, but that's probably a generational thing. I mean, my Grandparents were having babies back when dads stayed in the waiting room, and my step-dad had his kids about ten years before I was born. So they probably come from the mindset that pregnancy is a taboo topic for men. lol

Now I'm just deciding how to announce on FB and my blog.
post #159 of 333
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMam View Post

Thanks Penelope.
I'm both looking forward to going home (I miss DH), and dreading it...because I just want to stay in Ohio. I looooooooove Canada for a hundred reasons. But I grew up here, and the older I get, the more I want to live here, and raise DD here. I'm actually hoping DP gets in at the local medical school here, but not in Calgary (which is his top choice). Part of me feels bad for hoping he doesn't get what he wants...but mostly I feel like it's not unreasonable for me to be where *I* want to be while he gets to pursue his dream and I put mine on the back burner, ya know?
I keep having some nausea, which is weird, since I'm 12 weeks and it was starting to go away. It may just be some food issues though. Sometimes things are made differently in the US and it upsets my tummy, even when I'm not pregnant.
Feeling less exhausted too. That's a REALLY good thing. There is so much for me to do before April.
My mom and Grandma were both thrilled to hear DD is going to be a sister. The men didn't really have much to say, but that's probably a generational thing. I mean, my Grandparents were having babies back when dads stayed in the waiting room, and my step-dad had his kids about ten years before I was born. So they probably come from the mindset that pregnancy is a taboo topic for men. lol
Now I'm just deciding how to announce on FB and my blog.

I'm glad that you've had a good trip! ... And this may be coming from a selfish wife, but I definitely wouldn't feel guilty about wanting to be at home when you're pushing your dreams aside for a while to make sure that his come alive. My hubs generally makes absolutely no decisions and depends on me to do that for him, so I guess I'm not the best person for advice. :/ As far as men not saying anything, it's pretty much the same with me. My dad wasn't even in the delivery room when I was born 20 years ago. I haven't had any reactions from men... except for hubby. His dad was very supportive in saying "My kids were the best thing I've ever done!" 

As far as an announcement on facebook goes, I don't even think I'm going to announce on facebook! : )

 

And thank you all for reassuring me that pain or discomfort is normal. I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong with me. 

post #160 of 333

I had the plan to not announce on FB and that didn't work well because people were making comments that knew me locally and I was thinking I'd rather announce it then people ask me questions on there lol.

Really...sadly...the only time I have a sex drive is when I'm wanting a baby....or when I'm fertile (and dont realize it)....God's way of making sure we reproduce? LOL....Otherwise we kind of have the every three days or so thing too...we dont "count" but it seems to fall about like that. :)

I *THINK* i felt a kick yesterday I was laying down for a nap...felt a "bump" really low....haven't felt any more but that is normal...I tend to feel a few bumps and then nothing for weeks lol...i was freaking out once thinking something had happened...but nope...I think with a bunch of kids you just dont pay as much attention to the early early bumps because you are busy....but the more OBVIOUS bumps are hard to ignore lol. With me anyway.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › April DDC ~ October ~ Chat