or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Midwife choice - Should we wait?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Midwife choice - Should we wait?

post #1 of 3
Thread Starter 
Hi everyone. I'm a newbie here, so I hope I put this in the right place.
My hubby and I have been TTC for 3 months currently starting the 4th cycle.
When we fisrt started I contacted a midwife I had my eye on and she let me know she'd be happy to interview once we've conceived, and that she refers those with due dates in July or August to another midwife.
Well, where I live there are only two midwifed that do home birth, which with out actually being Pg yet - is what we are planning on. So my problem is that I don't know if we should just go about doing our business and see what happens or if I should take a BD break for two months to avoid not getting my first choice. And to at least have a choice between the two.
Anyhow. Just wanted to hear some opinions! Thanks!
post #2 of 3

Do you know much about either choice? Without meeting them or at least hearing a lot about reputation I wouldn't be able to call one first choice and the other second choice. So it would all depend to me on 1. Do I want to be super pregnant in the summer anyway? and 2. Am I really willing to wait the extra time this might make it take just for a MW I haven't met?

post #3 of 3
Thread Starter 
Hi. Thanks for your reply. Those are really good points. I only know a little about each one. I guess I just feel like by waiting I might be missing a chance. But by not waiting I could automatically be eliminating one of my two choices. Probably just over thinking it. Plus, the whole summer and super prego is not my number 1 choice either. smile.gif
Thanks!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Midwife choice - Should we wait?