Mmmm whipped cream frosting would be awesome. Or a seven minute frosting...
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicFitnesstagged by System, 10/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- MARCH CHALLENGE!!!! 1000 Minutes of exercise... Last post on Yesterday at 5:48 pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- 3 part question involving overall toning up during and after pregnancy, boobs, and getting my... Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:32pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Running toward an early spring (we hope)! The February 2014 Dingo thread Last post on 2/19/14 at 10:11pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Veg dieters: what does a typical day look like for you? Last post on 2/5/14 at 6:04pm in Fitness and Weight Management
- Do you have a weight loss resolution? Last post on 1/17/14 at 6:34am in Fitness and Weight Management
One, Two, Three...Sing and Do Yoga With Me!
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-PackLast edited: 8/2/13
- Making Peace With My BodyLast edited: 6/21/13
- 5 Elements for Healthy LivingLast edited: 4/15/13
- Baby and YouLast edited: 1/26/11
Dingos are tricked into the treat of running in October! - Page 5post #81 of 25410/10/12 at 7:22ampost #82 of 25410/10/12 at 8:13am
ok my all-time favorite cake is this: take 2 cake pans like for a layer cake. crumble angel food cake in them. Then take vanilla and rainbow sherbert (soften them a bit) -- pack the layers with the cake in it with ice cream. then freeze those layers. You have to work fast and it helps if you have something like an ice cream spade to help pack.
Several hours later you have two frozen layers in the freezer. Have ready: a sink full of warm water + a whipped topping (think consistency of cool whip). Also have the plate you want the cake on + a frosting implement.
Dip the pan from one of the layers in the warm water to loosen it up. Be careful not to let water go over the top. Put it on the plate. frost the top.
Then take the other layer out of the fridge, again dip it and stick it on top.
If they are super melty then refreeze them and then frost.
If not, frost and then return to the freezer.
I bet you could put cookies in the middle of the cake too -- crumbled like the stuff at DQ.post #83 of 25410/10/12 at 9:27ampost #84 of 25410/10/12 at 10:13ampost #85 of 25410/10/12 at 11:36ampost #86 of 25410/10/12 at 11:38ampost #87 of 25410/10/12 at 11:42ampost #88 of 25410/10/12 at 12:02pmpost #89 of 25410/10/12 at 12:02pmpost #90 of 25410/10/12 at 12:12pmpost #91 of 25410/10/12 at 12:13pm
We've got DH's birthday this weekend here too. No clue what he wants, but I am sure it will involve chocolate.
Speaking of pancakes, I have been making primal pancakes every morning now out of one banana, 2 eggs, 2 tbsp. coconut flour, and cinnamon all cooked in some coconut oil. YUM! Even without syrup ir anything.
Go, Kerc, go!post #92 of 25410/10/12 at 12:52pmpost #93 of 25410/10/12 at 3:36pmpost #94 of 25410/10/12 at 5:36pmpost #95 of 25410/10/12 at 6:46pmThread Starterpost #96 of 25410/10/12 at 8:07pm
JayGee - Those sound yummy. I'll have to track down some coconut flour. My girls have dutifully been eating scrambled eggs for breakfast every day since August 8. I bet I could win some points with those primal pancakes.
Real - Is no news no good news? I can't stop thinking about that little girl.
These are the cupcakes I've agreed to make for dd's class.post #97 of 25410/10/12 at 8:12pmThread Starter
Insert expletive here. So, the tooth fairy forgot about the two pulled teeth that my 11 year old had pulled yesterday. Yes, I am mom of the year. So, I write up the note from the tooth fairy and go to sneak it into the room, and the kid is laying completely on top of her pillow! I can't get in there! She was waking up. Grrrr! I really need to get to bed. It's already late, and I have a 5:30 spin class I want to get to tomorrow! ARGH!!!!post #98 of 25410/10/12 at 11:26pmThey found a body in nearby open space. The police wouldn't confirm that it was hers, but they did hold a joint press conference with Arvada PD at 7:30 tonight. There's no way they would do that if they didn't think it was her. (She disappeared in Westy and a body was found in Arvada, hence the joint press conference.)
I'm sick and sad and horrified.
The police will update at 6:30 am tomorrow; I expect they'll confirm everyone's worst fears.
There was a period today, in the morning, when there was news of sightings in Maine. It seemed far-fetched (that's a long way to drive) but two people reported an identical car with Colorado plates and girl matching her description in two different areas, so.... They cleared the parents at 4 pm, but by then, if various sources are correct, they had already discovered what they expected to be her body.
Unless I miss my guess, the police think the perp is still nearby. Her school spent the day on lockout, supposedly because of law enforcement in the area. That's not how the district works. Lockout is because they have a reasonable concern that someone dangerous might otherwise gain access to the building.
It certainly has me rethinking free range kids. I don't disagree with her numbers or her points or think that everyone should tether their children to themselves, but um, yeah. She disappeared in two minutes. And someone is out there who hurt her, clearly has knowledge of the area and most likely lives very close by.
I need to go to bed. The candle is for the child they found and the family waiting for that child to come home.post #99 of 25410/10/12 at 11:28pm
- Core Strength in Pregnancy: It's Deeper Than Your Six-Pack
- › 16 weeks pregnant and thinking of getting a young dog. Am I crazy? 5 minutes ago
- › Little Girls Growing Up- Whats to much and whats ok 25 minutes ago
- › Sodium Ascorbate 48 minutes ago
- › Water birth in Michigan? 1 hour, 4 minutes ago
- › Article on America's Breast Fetish :-) 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › 4 yr old just dignosed with Celiac's--Can our 11 month old be GF... 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Finally decided 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › Considering unschooling gifted/high needs child 1 hour, 48 minutes ago
- › Do painful menstrual cramps = painful labor? 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › Who has an awesome hummus recipe? 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea
- › Mothering Pregnancy Photo Contest 2014 Terms... by Cynthia Mosher