- 10 Posts. Joined 10/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
- topicMothering Help
Related Forum Threads
- Goodbye to MDC, no longer a positive place Last post on 5/16/13 at 3:13pm in Site help and feedback
- reputation? Last post on 5/16/13 at 3:14pm in Site help and feedback
- Where shud I post? Last post on 5/15/13 at 3:11pm in Site help and feedback
- Where do I post my entry for the "pampering Mama" contest? Last post on 5/10/13 at 5:33pm in Site help and feedback
- can I access archives from 2001-2003? Last post on 5/7/13 at 7:10pm in Site help and feedback
Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?
Edited on 3/21/13
- Mothering Member BenefitsEdited on 3/1/13
- Why Join Mothering?
needing advice on how to start a yoga moms playgrouppost #1 of 1310/2/12 at 4:49pmThread StarterHi. I'm wanting to ask oothers about ideas for starting a yoga moms playgroup but I'm not sure where to post. Help pleasepost #2 of 1310/2/12 at 10:21pmpost #3 of 1310/4/12 at 8:44amThread StarterI'm wondering if I could get my post moved to a different forum like stay at home moms or deleted so I can repost. It seems that the toddler forum is mostly concerned with problems and issues than anything else. My post has pretty much gone unnoticed next to toddler insomnia (I'm not implying that it isn't more important). The view count is from myself going back and forth on the forum. Lol.post #4 of 1310/4/12 at 10:17ampost #5 of 1310/5/12 at 7:00amThread StarterOops...I meant could I get my post in the toddler forum moved to stay at home moms, not this post that was originally posted in the technical advice forum.
All well I have copied my original post from the toddler forum, here it is!
I was wondering if I could get some ideas and advice about starting a playgroup for moms who like me practice yogic postures, meditate and chant. Im not sure where to start...
My idea is to get together and have an informal yoga session while the kids run around or join in as they please. Do you think something like that would work? It would be a very flexible class where expectations aren't to have a quiet peaceful session but if it happens great! Kids ages wouldnt be too important but they should be at the crawling stage at least is what I'm thinking???
Yoga games, songs and activity ideas would be fun to incorporate to get the kids more involved without turning it into a session completely focused on the kids, so any suggestions would be wonderful because I have no clue where to start on that.
I would like to make the group meets more about learning for the moms so that we have tools to use at home to help us in those times when we feel we are losing our center.
Anyways just some ideas I have had. Not sure where to start so I'm hoping someone can help by pointing me in the right direction.
Thank you!post #6 of 1310/6/12 at 8:48pmThread Starterpost #7 of 1310/7/12 at 8:50am
I enjoy yoga but I feel like trying to do that with kids running around would make me a little crazy. For me, yoga is about being peaceful. Maybe people that do yoga daily would be more at ease about it though, I'm uptight sometimes. :)
Is there a local healthfood store or yoga studio you could post a flyer at maybe?post #8 of 1310/7/12 at 9:42am
I think it could be a lot of fun, but also a challenge to organize. I've tried doing yoga with my son and he just runs all over the place. We got a "mom and me yoga kit" and it's cute with two sized mats with animals and shapes on it. The DVD says "put your right hand on the elephant" for example. It's really cute and I'm sure it works with some kids, but mine is not there yet.
I'd say try to have it somewhere enclosed so that the parents can actually do yoga even if the kid doesn't want to. Can't relax and stretch if you're worried about your kiddo running off into traffic. And then have a small selection of toys and books to entertain them nearby, for the ones who don't want to do the yoga. But make sure the toys are quiet toys. Give stickers at the end of the session. Keep the kids moves simple and short duration. Have chances to "get the wiggles out" before yoga - a dance session or run around the room. ... just some ideas.post #9 of 1310/7/12 at 12:17pmA mom near me has started a yoga with kids group. I heard about it through our local Holistic Moms Network since she is also a member. She has had 3 or 4 sessions and I have attended one. I did find it less restful than going to a yoga class at my gym with my kids in the kids' room but on the upside, it was lovely to be outside, my kids got some fresh air and exposure to nature, and the mamas hung around a bit afterward to chat so there was a social element. The session was focused on the moms doing yoga poses and just letting the kids hang out and mostly entertain themselves.post #10 of 1310/7/12 at 1:31pmThread Starterpost #11 of 1310/7/12 at 1:37pmThread Starterpost #12 of 1310/7/12 at 1:40pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by allisonrose
A mom near me has started a yoga with kids group. I heard about it through our local Holistic Moms Network since she is also a member. She has had 3 or 4 sessions and I have attended one. I did find it less restful than going to a yoga class at my gym with my kids in the kids' room but on the upside, it was lovely to be outside, my kids got some fresh air and exposure to nature, and the mamas hung around a bit afterward to chat so there was a social element. The session was focused on the moms doing yoga poses and just letting the kids hang out and mostly entertain themselves.
Great fantastic to hear that's just the type of class I would like to do. I just wanted some reassurance that others are holding classses like that successfully.post #13 of 1311/13/12 at 8:38pm
What a cool idea! I have been searching and searching for the right class for my 3.5 year old daughter and I and I never thought of just creating something myself! If there is a Holistic Moms Network in your area you may want to see if you can try and gather troops there. I would also really like something where my daughter and I can do yoga together. She loves the idea of it and we used to go to a great class but it is now hard to find a good class for kids her age where Mommies are welcome and vice versa a good class for me where kids are welcome. I would love to do something where we do it with the kids for a while (may need for kids to be closer to the same age though?) and then do some stuff for Mommies while the kids play.
Thanks for your post. Also, you could check out a MOMS International local chapter to find some other Stay at Home Moms who would have a space in their schedule during the week for this...
- needing advice on how to start a yoga moms playgroup
- Mothering Member Benefits
- › Weekly thread May 13-19th 59 seconds ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 1 minute ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 2 minutes ago
- › study of circ'd men's partners 5 minutes ago
- › ~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ 8 minutes ago
- › Items in hospital bag...is this too much? 11 minutes ago
- › Screams bloody murder in his cloth carrier, refuses to walk to... 13 minutes ago
- › 40 week roll call! 13 minutes ago
- › Roll Call! 15 minutes ago
- › Need advice- obsessed Grandma causing problems 18 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11