I don't know where to go from here!!! Does anyone have any suggestions???
My 3 YO DS entered preschool in Sept. He is alt/selectively, but mostly, vaxxed. He doesn't have chicken pox or Hep A or B. The only exemption options in MA are medical or religious. Our Ped would not sign off on the Medical exemption..she is pushing me to finish his schedule even though she has been flexible with my timing and delaying.
Religious wasn't going to work for us b/c it is a Catholic preschool, and I had already stated we were Catholic. I didn't feel comfortable lying about that.
I submitted his (incomplete) Vax record in August and hoped that it would be accepted as is. It was silence up until today, about a month into school. The director (a Sister who has directed the school for 30 years) pulled me aside to ask if there was mistake on his vax record b/c there was no record of Chix Pox vax. She said she was completing state requirements and needed to have a note/exemption to include. She never pressured me to get the shot, nor did she reference the Heps, she simply said she needed a note but used the term exemption. I stated it wasn't a medical exemption, but that I would see about getting a note from his Ped.
Any suggestions on what I could ask his Ped to write, since I KNOW she won't make an official med exemption, but what about something like "I am aware of the delay of the Varivax immunization and support."
I am afraid if I go back and say that the Ped wouldn't give me anything, then they may ask us to leave if he doesn't get the shot??
Can anyone offer advice?