There are lots of awesome suggestions here! I can't think of more that would be better. However, a word of caution when naming twins: when you take them to the dr or the dentist or any place that you have to write their names down, having two babies with long-ish names can be very tedious. We named out girls Gabrielle Grace and Jillian Rose. I absolutely adore their names, but it can be a bit tiresome when filling out forms. You can't go with nicknames cuz you have to write their legal names. Small consideration, but something I didn't really think about and may be important to someone. Sometimes I wish we named them Amy and Mya like I wanted! lol
- topicBaby Namestagged by mamazee, 6/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Who else already has names picked out? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:59pm in April 2014 Due Date Club
- how about a names thread? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:08am in March 2014 Due Date Club
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby names - what are your favorites? Last post on 9/28/13 at 5:28am in February 2014 Due Date Club
- Do you regret or love the popular baby name (top 5 SSA list) you chose? Last post on 9/29/13 at 6:27am in I'm Pregnant
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
- The Name Game-post 1Last edited: 3/30/13
Calling all babyname nerds! Help me name this twin! - Page 2post #22 of 12010/11/12 at 4:15pm
Thessaly (region of Greece) (you could call her Tess)
Thalia (favorite college professor who was from Greece) (you could call her Lia)
less relevant but I think they work:
Ida (you could have a complicated middle name to go with it)
Hey, glad to read this thread and I hope you're feeling great!
Edited by DaisyO - 10/11/12 at 4:50pmpost #23 of 12010/11/12 at 4:20pm
Did I misread you to say you wanted Greek names? I think I did. Sorry! Now you know why the first two are so Greek-ish. I still like the other names on my list, but here is the one I think is best.
Marisol. Calliope and Marisol. It has a meaning associated with the sun.
edited to say: why did I include Ida? Duh, that would never work w/ Ada. I'm just off tonight (Ida is my favorite name though, so I hope somebody uses it someday (did not work w/ my last name for my own daughter))
Edited by DaisyO - 10/11/12 at 5:24pmpost #24 of 12010/11/12 at 4:42pmpost #25 of 12010/11/12 at 4:54pmpost #26 of 12010/11/12 at 6:36pmpost #27 of 12010/11/12 at 6:44pmpost #28 of 12010/11/12 at 6:51pmThread Starter
Thanks for all your ideas and opinions! We probably will use a longer name name, since both the other girls have multi syllable names, but Im totally into using a long name that has a short nickname.
I like Beatrix, but DH vetoed it. :( He doesnt want to have A (Adaline) B (Beatrix) and C (Calliope)
He likes Evelyn and Alice from the list I posted earlier :)
Philomom, we went through all the muses and couldnt find one that we could agree on.
We cant use Ida, Iva, or Ava considering that we call DD Ada most of the time.
Im Holly, with sisters Hayley and Heather and sister in law Krystina, so those are pretty much all out.
I do like Jocelyn, Matilda, Elisa, and Lauryl.
Anymore ideas are always welcome!!!post #29 of 12010/11/12 at 7:11pm
A little girl at my DD's preschool is named Etta and I love it. Other old-timey names I like:
Margaret (I love this one because there are so many strong women with it and it has so many cute nicknames)
Haven (I know you said no H names, but I love it so I thought I'd throw it out there)
Alinepost #30 of 12010/11/12 at 7:12pmpost #31 of 12010/11/12 at 7:25pmpost #32 of 12010/11/12 at 9:13pmpost #33 of 12010/11/12 at 10:33pmpost #34 of 12010/11/12 at 10:55pmpost #35 of 12010/12/12 at 6:30ampost #36 of 12010/12/12 at 8:53am
You have lots of great suggestions so far! I love old-timey names too. :)
DD1 has one of those gender neutral first names (Reese Elisabeth), but it fits her so well.
DD2 however, is super girly and a little old-timey. Layla Violet. We get lots of compliments on it. :)
Some other names I like (most have probably already been mentioned)
Sadiepost #37 of 12010/12/12 at 12:13pmpost #38 of 12010/12/12 at 12:21pmpost #39 of 12010/12/12 at 2:37pm
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the Imagination
- › Not so good news- enlarged yolk sac 28 seconds ago
- › Plus Size and Pregnant 1 minute ago
- › Eastern Shore, pregnant, what are my options? 2 minutes ago
- › Welcome! Introduce yourself! 5 minutes ago
- › New Study: Chickenpox vaccination not linked to increased shingles... 9 minutes ago
- › December Spend-Less Challenge: Let's Fill Our Stockings with... 12 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 13 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 13 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ November 2013 15 minutes ago
- › Has your kid taken the talent search exam for the CTD's NUMATS? 16 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo