There are lots of awesome suggestions here! I can't think of more that would be better. However, a word of caution when naming twins: when you take them to the dr or the dentist or any place that you have to write their names down, having two babies with long-ish names can be very tedious. We named out girls Gabrielle Grace and Jillian Rose. I absolutely adore their names, but it can be a bit tiresome when filling out forms. You can't go with nicknames cuz you have to write their legal names. Small consideration, but something I didn't really think about and may be important to someone. Sometimes I wish we named them Amy and Mya like I wanted! lol
- topicBaby Namestagged by mamazee, 6/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- Who else already has names picked out? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:59pm in April 2014 Due Date Club
- how about a names thread? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:08am in March 2014 Due Date Club
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby names - what are your favorites? Last post on 12/19/13 at 1:22pm in February 2014 Due Date Club
- Do you regret or love the popular baby name (top 5 SSA list) you chose? Last post on 9/29/13 at 6:27am in I'm Pregnant
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
- The Name Game-post 1Last edited: 3/30/13
Calling all babyname nerds! Help me name this twin! - Page 2post #22 of 12010/11/12 at 4:15pm
Thessaly (region of Greece) (you could call her Tess)
Thalia (favorite college professor who was from Greece) (you could call her Lia)
less relevant but I think they work:
Ida (you could have a complicated middle name to go with it)
Hey, glad to read this thread and I hope you're feeling great!
Edited by DaisyO - 10/11/12 at 4:50pmpost #23 of 12010/11/12 at 4:20pm
Did I misread you to say you wanted Greek names? I think I did. Sorry! Now you know why the first two are so Greek-ish. I still like the other names on my list, but here is the one I think is best.
Marisol. Calliope and Marisol. It has a meaning associated with the sun.
edited to say: why did I include Ida? Duh, that would never work w/ Ada. I'm just off tonight (Ida is my favorite name though, so I hope somebody uses it someday (did not work w/ my last name for my own daughter))
Edited by DaisyO - 10/11/12 at 5:24pmpost #24 of 12010/11/12 at 4:42pmpost #25 of 12010/11/12 at 4:54pmpost #26 of 12010/11/12 at 6:36pmpost #27 of 12010/11/12 at 6:44pmpost #28 of 12010/11/12 at 6:51pmThread Starter
Thanks for all your ideas and opinions! We probably will use a longer name name, since both the other girls have multi syllable names, but Im totally into using a long name that has a short nickname.
I like Beatrix, but DH vetoed it. :( He doesnt want to have A (Adaline) B (Beatrix) and C (Calliope)
He likes Evelyn and Alice from the list I posted earlier :)
Philomom, we went through all the muses and couldnt find one that we could agree on.
We cant use Ida, Iva, or Ava considering that we call DD Ada most of the time.
Im Holly, with sisters Hayley and Heather and sister in law Krystina, so those are pretty much all out.
I do like Jocelyn, Matilda, Elisa, and Lauryl.
Anymore ideas are always welcome!!!post #29 of 12010/11/12 at 7:11pm
A little girl at my DD's preschool is named Etta and I love it. Other old-timey names I like:
Margaret (I love this one because there are so many strong women with it and it has so many cute nicknames)
Haven (I know you said no H names, but I love it so I thought I'd throw it out there)
Alinepost #30 of 12010/11/12 at 7:12pmpost #31 of 12010/11/12 at 7:25pmpost #32 of 12010/11/12 at 9:13pmpost #33 of 12010/11/12 at 10:33pmpost #34 of 12010/11/12 at 10:55pmpost #35 of 12010/12/12 at 6:30ampost #36 of 12010/12/12 at 8:53am
You have lots of great suggestions so far! I love old-timey names too. :)
DD1 has one of those gender neutral first names (Reese Elisabeth), but it fits her so well.
DD2 however, is super girly and a little old-timey. Layla Violet. We get lots of compliments on it. :)
Some other names I like (most have probably already been mentioned)
Sadiepost #37 of 12010/12/12 at 12:13pmpost #38 of 12010/12/12 at 12:21pmpost #39 of 12010/12/12 at 2:37pm
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the Imagination
- › Can't stand that all the neighborhood kids want to play at my house! 2 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Do you use your gas grill at least 10 feet away from your house? 8 minutes ago
- › Free riding behavior and vaccination 10 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 11 minutes ago
- › April 2014 challenge: 1,000 minutes of exercise! 11 minutes ago
- › age appropriate expectations for 4 and 7yo to clean up after... 15 minutes ago
- › What's your favorite blender? 16 minutes ago
- › Deaths from measles in Canada? 17 minutes ago
- › Waiting for the sickness to start. . . 18 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool