or Connect
Mothering › Groups › June 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › First appointment?

First appointment? - Page 2

post #21 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Espion View Post

Had first appointment and we saw the heart beating!!!  This a huge relief after my m/c in May.  I'm still a little shaky about it.  I hope everyone has great news...the appointments are going to start rolling in! 

 

Yay!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boolery View Post

We saw a heartbeat today too!  I've been feeling increasingly nauseous everyday, so it was nice to see what's been causing all my troubles.  We're still under the care of the RE for another month (hence the early ultrasound),  but I scheduled the first visit with our homebirth CNM for a month from now.  I can't wait for for that visit too!

 

Double yay!

post #22 of 51
I see that this is the week for early ultrasounds smile.gif. We had our appt with the RE today (6w5d) and saw a heartbeat. I go back to the RE on 11/6 (9w6d) and my first OB appt is 11/27 (12w6d). So excited smile.gif
post #23 of 51

I go in next wed.  for my first appt.  I find each dr/midwife is a bit different.  This is a fairly new practice I'm with so not really sure what to expect.  I know I have an ultrasound first for dating purposes, then the appt.  No clue if they are drawing blood or what as well.  We'll see.

post #24 of 51
I had my first appointment today and I saw the heartbeat. Yay! So relieved!
post #25 of 51
Yay, so happy for you guys seeing those long awaited heartbeat.gif .
post #26 of 51

Halloween is our first "intake" appointment (paperwork, insurance, etc.). and the day before Thanksgiving is our first real prenatal.  Not sure what will happen at that appointment, but I know what won't!  No internal exam and no doppler.  It will be pretty uneventful.  Oh, and I'm sure they will order bloodwork.

post #27 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules09 View Post

I had my first appointment today and I saw the heartbeat. Yay! So relieved!

 

Yay!!  It is such a relief, isn't it?  joy.gif

post #28 of 51

I had my first appointment today and everything was perfect!  We have a picture and we got to see and hear the heartbeat!  I was hoping there were 2 babies in there and there is only 1, but it's a perfect one.  I was getting fertility treatments so this was my last appointment in that department.  We saw the doctor in the hallway and showed her the picture.  It makes me kind of sad that I won't be seeing them on a regular basis anymore, even though the reason is that I'm am finally pregnant.  They gave me a big folder full of info and forms to fill out.  I have a call with my OB's nurse on Nov 9th and then an appointment on the 15th.  Lots to think about!

post #29 of 51

The MW office didn't make my appointment until 5 weeks from now, at which time I will be 10 weeks along.  That feels so late to me!  Although honestly I can't remember when I first sought prenatal care with my first 2.  I just feel nervous b/c don't have strong pregnancy symptoms this time around. No sore boobs, no nausea yet (I'm 5 weeks, though, so pretty early for that), no crippling exhaustion, no constipation. I do have severe bitchiness (LOL) and urinary frequency, and of course 2 BFP home pregnancy tests! But anyway, I'm thinking of calling the midwives and seeing if they'll just order a serial HCG to soothe my nerves and reassure me that things are trotting along as they should be. Is that nutters?

post #30 of 51
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by essco View Post

The MW office didn't make my appointment until 5 weeks from now, at which time I will be 10 weeks along.  That feels so late to me!  Although honestly I can't remember when I first sought prenatal care with my first 2.  I just feel nervous b/c don't have strong pregnancy symptoms this time around. No sore boobs, no nausea yet (I'm 5 weeks, though, so pretty early for that), no crippling exhaustion, no constipation. I do have severe bitchiness (LOL) and urinary frequency, and of course 2 BFP home pregnancy tests! But anyway, I'm thinking of calling the midwives and seeing if they'll just order a serial HCG to soothe my nerves and reassure me that things are trotting along as they should be. Is that nutters?

 

Nope - not nuts. This is exactly what I did, and they obliged happily. It seemed to have helped to have a previous miscarriage (and to cry in the office in front of everyone!) - they pretty much give me what I ask for (and what I ask for is reasonable....HCG quants, progesterone check, u/s at 6 weeks to check for viability).

 

The squeaky wheel gets the grease. If you don't ask for it, you may not get it - that's my philosophy!

post #31 of 51

I'm not sure when my first appt will be. I have contacted my MW about hiring her but she hasn't  gotten back with me yet.(Only contacted her yesterday. ) We'll make the first appt soon & all she'll do is measure, maybe check for heartbeat & talk to me about my expectations & all.
 

post #32 of 51

Don't have the first appointment set, but it'll be the end of next month sometimes probably. I contacted the midwife a couple days ago and she said she has a lot of births next month, so she needs to wait to schedule anything to be sure when she'll be available. I'm only 4.5 weeks right now, so no worries, sounds good to me though I wish I had insurance because I would love to have HCG quantitative tests and a quick ultrasound to make sure I have a living baby in there after having an early miscarriage a little over a month ago. Waiting is hard to do.


Edited by dayiscoming2006 - 11/1/12 at 2:49pm
post #33 of 51

I made an appointment for my 1st appointment.  It's Tuesday, Nov 6th.  I wasn't planning on doing it until about 12 weeks or so, but I had so many problems this morning at first I thought I'd end up needing to go in today.  I figured out that all of my symptoms can be caused by low iron and since I'm borderline anemic when I'm not pregnant and really fight keeping normal levels when I am pregnat, I'm sure that's what it is.  So DH is getting me Floradix, which I hate the taste of, but is the ONLY thing that seems to pull me out of anemia.

post #34 of 51

Jr'sMom:

 

Ferrocel iron is supposed to be the most absorbable. http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Ferrochel-Veg-capsules-120-Count/dp/B000WQDD2O/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351806713&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=ferrocel+iron

 

I have iron issues too. It's cheaper than floradix. I hate the taste of that as well, bleh! I've been feeling better since taking it on top of my prenatal. I would also recommend B12 and B6. Methyl B12 seems to have helped me to sleep better. 

post #35 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by dayiscoming2006 View Post

Jr'sMom:

 

Ferrocel iron is supposed to be the most absorbable. http://www.amazon.com/Now-Foods-Ferrochel-Veg-capsules-120-Count/dp/B000WQDD2O/ref=sr_1_sc_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1351806713&sr=8-2-spell&keywords=ferrocel+iron

 

I have iron issues too. It's cheaper than floradix. I hate the taste of that as well, bleh! I've been feeling better since taking it on top of my prenatal. I would also recommend B12 and B6. Methyl B12 seems to have helped me to sleep better. 

 

Thanks!  I already got the Floradix and it has B vitamins in it as well.  So far I'm handling it okay.  If it gets too bad for me, I'll try the options you gave me.  Thanks!

post #36 of 51

I'm going in for a quick u/s scan at an ultrasound clinic today (so not really an appointment with a midwife or doc, just the ultrasound), at 9 weeks. If all looks good I will give my midwife (CPM) a call and make an appointment for 12 weeks. BUT we will likely be moving before June so I will be looking for someone else in a couple months. This makes me sad since I love my midwife she took such good care of us with my son's difficult birth.

 

Edited to post that the US went well! Little bean was a-wiggling around in there with a HR of 180! Measurements were good, just 2 days off my estimate (I was charting but traveling at the time and had a gap in temps) 


Edited by OSUvet - 11/3/12 at 8:25pm
post #37 of 51
Congrats to Osuvet & jrsmom. smile.gif

My first appt is this Wednesday. I am very excited about it and really hope we see (and hear?) the heartbeat and see the little blob. smile.gif
post #38 of 51
Oops, jrsmom's appt is the day before mine--election day--so I jumped the gun a little on my congrats. smile.gif
post #39 of 51
I'm so excited for my first appointment tomorrow! Not sure what all will happen. I am 10 weeks today, so not even sure if I will hear the heartbeat or not. (no ultrasound) but If my midwives think they can find it with the Doppler I will let them try! I'd like to let the rest of the world know about this pregnancy, and we were planning to tell after the appt. i would be more comfortable if we hear the heartbeat but we will see how things go! I will update smile.gif
post #40 of 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mama4life14 View Post

I'm so excited for my first appointment tomorrow! Not sure what all will happen. I am 10 weeks today, so not even sure if I will hear the heartbeat or not. (no ultrasound) but If my midwives think they can find it with the Doppler I will let them try! I'd like to let the rest of the world know about this pregnancy, and we were planning to tell after the appt. i would be more comfortable if we hear the heartbeat but we will see how things go! I will update smile.gif


I'm envious! My first app't is NEXT Monday. Couldn't get here soon enough!  Good luck tomorrow. :)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: June 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › June 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › First appointment?