I haven't had one since I was 19 (I'm 27 now) and I've only ever been with one sexual partner. I don't seem to have any obvious gynecological issues and I can't really afford an exam anyway... How bad is it that I'm 7 years overdue? I don't think I did too much of that type of testing when I was pregnant with DS, but I'm not sure.
- categoryHealth Healing
Related Forum Threads
- Random nighttime vomiting + swollen, puffy face/abdomen in 11-year-old Last post on Today at 6:42 am in Health and Healing
- Does anyone have AVIVA ROMM'S respiratory immune tonic recipe? Last post on Today at 7:17 am in Health and Healing
- Orthokeratology for Children Last post on 5/19/13 at 10:52pm in Health and Healing
- Fevers: Is it normal for my dd to get fevers within 3 weeks of each other? Last post on Yesterday at 10:14 am in Health and Healing
- Lump in groin/lymph area? Last post on 5/19/13 at 9:15am in Health and Healing
The Yearly Female Physical
I don't fully understand all that goes into the pap but I think I would try to get one if I were you (well, I rarely go to the doctor either so I probably WOULDN'T get one - this is one of those do as I say, not as I do moments).
You can see if your HB MW (if you had an assisted birth?) does well women care. That can be such a nice way to reconnect with your MW. You could also see about Planned Parenthood - they do well women care on a sliding scale. I went to them when I was without insurance and it was free! 100% free!
One thing - if you get a clear pap, it is no longer recommended that you go every year. It's every two years now, which I like...since yearly things just come around too fast - every.year.
I really didn't know that about planned parenthood. That's awesome!
I would love to go to my midwife if I still lived in Michigan. My midwives were fantastic. I haven't had a need to meet any midwives down here yet.
Thank you for the advice!
Also consider your local HB MWs and see if they offer Well Woman care. I did that too once. In fact, the only health care provider I've been to in the last 12 years has been a homebirth MW. We moved after the birth of my DC as well and I felt I needed to see someone (at about 6 years after the birth of my first child) and just phoned up a local HB MW. She was awesome and it was nice to feel part of that community again, yk?
So I have medicaid until the end of the month (cost of sharing was exceeded early this month because of DH needing to go to the ER). I called a nearby birthing center and FINALLY set up an appointment! Thank you for the suggestions! If I didn't have the medicaid, I would've called Planned Parenthood. Without insurance, the monthly exam at the birth center would cost $150, which is kinda crappy for us.
Ooohh, that's interesting! I am so way overdue anyhow, but the only two I've had were both normal. That's really nice to know for next time.
Hey, I just went to my HB MW for well woman care and she told me that if I had normal Pap results, I would be good for another 5 years. I just googled it to check and I saw that the recommendation now is every 3-5 years.
- The Yearly Female Physical
- › What would you do if you saw kids left in a car? 1 minute ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 3 minutes ago
- › Ways to cool off as it gets hot out. 3 minutes ago
- › Did your boys arrive later than your girls? 6 minutes ago
- › Tandem nursing thread 11 minutes ago
- › home birth in Carbondale IL 13 minutes ago
- › Just thought I'd share my birth plan 17 minutes ago
- › Curriculum 18 minutes ago
- › Best (or worst) comments made so far? 19 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 27 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Angel Baby - Milkmaid Tea, 16 tea bags by KaliShanti
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo