or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chapel Hill Elementary School

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 

Is there anyone on the board whose kids have attended Ephesus Elementary School in CH?  From what I've read on the city data forums, there seems to be a good neighborhood vibe about it. Will I have trouble sending an partially vaccinated kid there?

Thank you :)

post #2 of 5

I'm bumping up your post. bump.gifAnyone have experience to share?
 

post #3 of 5

You shouldn't have an issue sending a partially vaccinated child to school as long as you give the school a religious exemption. Partial vaccines are not allowed unless it is a medical exemption so you'll be better off just taking the religious exemption. My kids are partially vaxed, but we are now getting them caught up (I was more worried when they were little—not so worried now—not looking to get into a debate), but I just turned in the religious exemption and haven't had any issue at all in Chapel Hill schools. 

 

As far as Ephesus, I know folks who have been very happy with it. Don't have any personal experience. It does feed into Philips Middle and there have been some mixed reviews on bullying incidents there. In general CH-C schools are very good, though, and that trouble may be over and done with before you ever get to middle school. 

 

Also, it's less likely to affect homes in the Ephesus zone, but the elementary schools will be redistricted next year. http://www.chccs.k12.nc.us/group_profile_view.aspx?id=edb855c0-f99f-4eb2-b846-008e4b86ec09 They are building a new elementary school to open in fall 2013 and converting an existing school to a Spanish magnet and another to a partial magnet. If you are interested in dual language you may want to look into that and also there is a Mandarin dual language program at Glenwood. 


Edited by beanma - 10/27/12 at 11:10am
post #4 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:

Originally Posted by beanma View Post

You shouldn't have an issue sending a partially vaccinated child to school as long as you give the school a religious exemption. Partial vaccines are not allowed unless it is a medical exemption so you'll be better off just taking the religious exemption. 

 

Excellent - that's what i needed to know. And 

 

 

Originally Posted by beanma View Post

My kids are partially vaxed, but we are now getting them caught up (I was more worried when they were little—not so worried now—not looking to get into a debate)

 

Agreed. Just don't want to rush all of them just to get enrolled.

 

 

Originally Posted by beanma View Post

As far as Ephesus, I know folks who have been very happy with it. Don't have any personal experience. It does feed into Philips Middle and there have been some mixed reviews on bullying incidents there. In general CH-C schools are very good, though, and that trouble may be over and done with before you ever get to middle school. 

 

Yep.. impossible to know about the future! Silly to ask I suppose, but I can't help myself :)

 

 

Originally Posted by beanma View Post

Also, it's less likely to affect homes in the Ephesus zone, but the elementary schools will be redistricted next year. http://www.chccs.k12.nc.us/group_profile_view.aspx?id=edb855c0-f99f-4eb2-b846-008e4b86ec09 They are building a new elementary school to open in fall 2013 and converting an existing school to a Spanish magnet and another to a partial magnet. If you are interested in dual language you may want to look into that and also there is a Mandarin dual language program at Glenwood. 

 

INTERESTING! Thank you ... a wealth of information as always.

 

post #5 of 5
We live about five minutes from Ephesus but my kids are zoned for a different school.The current boundary lines are pretty weird and it wouldn't completely surprise me if some Ephesus neighborhoods were trained, too. We are closer to Ephesus, Glenwood, and Estes Hills than we are to our school. They have to make sure that they are balancing things out at each school.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home