Does anyone have a doc they'd like to share detailing common practices for your clients-- ie Please call my cell phone first before the home line. Please keep non-emergent calls to between 8am-9pm. Included are 3 prenatal visits, and 1 postpartum visit, etc etc. My husband feels like I should have this all specifically written down, but I can't think of how to word it properly. I have most of it in my contract, but obviously that's not the place for things like how to contact me best.
Related Forum Threads
- New Low Cost Doula in Sullivan County, Delaware County, NY and Wayne County, PA Last post on 6/7/13 at 6:13am in Doulas
- Any tips to quickly boost business? (Husband out of work) Last post on 6/12/13 at 9:43am in Doulas
- Certified vs. uncertified Last post on 5/30/13 at 7:16am in Doulas
- Doula work overseas Last post on 5/10/13 at 6:01pm in Doulas
- New Here! Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:35pm in Doulas
Anyone have a good sheet detailing the "rules" for your clients?
I give them a separate document "When to Call the Doula" that details instructions on how and when to get a hold of me. Are you DONA trained? There was an example of a sheet like this in my DONA binder, but I'm not sure if that was something my instructor added?
I have the details of what my services provide (how many prenatal mtgs ect) written up in my contract and I make sure to explain in detail and answer questions so that everyone understands what I do and don't do.
OOh, that's a good way of wording it, that doesn't make it sound catty. I've been writing and rewriting it, and I obviously don't want clients to feel afraid of contacting me if I word it less than friendly!! On the other hand, I've also had clients that called for every. little. tiny. thing. And it really became an intrusion on my personal space and time.
I was DONA trained, didn't certify. I should check through my binder. I didn't even think of that.
Since then, I've been dreading having a client like that. Can you ladies give me any tips on what to put in my "When to call your doula" document and/or what to do if I come across another client like that? I really enjoy birth and babies and I'd be happy to help a client with some things, but I think I'd be very tense if I ever had a client who called me that often and expected me to come to her home (30 minutes away!) that often... Thoughts?
- › High risk pregnancy resources in Greenville, SC area? 14 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 16 minutes ago
- › Exciting, Fun Preparations! 35 minutes ago
- › June 2013 chat thread - 2nd trimester here we come! 39 minutes ago
- › vaccines are great 42 minutes ago
- › Weekly chat -- June 17th to 24th 45 minutes ago
- › Motherease cotton terry vs organic durability-any use both? I need... 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Online Baby Registry - what would you include? 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Braxton Hicks 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › Naturekins Leak Proof Reusable Nursing Pads by mom2threegrls
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama