Does anyone have a doc they'd like to share detailing common practices for your clients-- ie Please call my cell phone first before the home line. Please keep non-emergent calls to between 8am-9pm. Included are 3 prenatal visits, and 1 postpartum visit, etc etc. My husband feels like I should have this all specifically written down, but I can't think of how to word it properly. I have most of it in my contract, but obviously that's not the place for things like how to contact me best.
Related Forum Threads
- Certified vs. uncertified Last post on 5/20/13 at 10:13am in Doulas
- Doula work overseas Last post on 5/10/13 at 6:01pm in Doulas
- New Here! Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:35pm in Doulas
- Low Cost Doula in Brooklyn avail. June, July, August Last post on 5/10/13 at 9:11am in Doulas
- BAI and CBI -Doula Certification Last post on 5/9/13 at 11:56am in Doulas
Anyone have a good sheet detailing the "rules" for your clients?
I give them a separate document "When to Call the Doula" that details instructions on how and when to get a hold of me. Are you DONA trained? There was an example of a sheet like this in my DONA binder, but I'm not sure if that was something my instructor added?
I have the details of what my services provide (how many prenatal mtgs ect) written up in my contract and I make sure to explain in detail and answer questions so that everyone understands what I do and don't do.
OOh, that's a good way of wording it, that doesn't make it sound catty. I've been writing and rewriting it, and I obviously don't want clients to feel afraid of contacting me if I word it less than friendly!! On the other hand, I've also had clients that called for every. little. tiny. thing. And it really became an intrusion on my personal space and time.
I was DONA trained, didn't certify. I should check through my binder. I didn't even think of that.
Since then, I've been dreading having a client like that. Can you ladies give me any tips on what to put in my "When to call your doula" document and/or what to do if I come across another client like that? I really enjoy birth and babies and I'd be happy to help a client with some things, but I think I'd be very tense if I ever had a client who called me that often and expected me to come to her home (30 minutes away!) that often... Thoughts?
- Anyone have a good sheet detailing the "rules" for your clients?
- › Move to Hawaii with only one income? 1 minute ago
- › Ipad for homeschooling 3 minutes ago
- › Taking The Scenic Route to a BFP - Winter/Spring 2013 Edition 4 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 5 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 8 minutes ago
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 14 minutes ago
- › Did anyone not have gestational diabetes during a previous... 20 minutes ago
- › Do Cesareans limit your family size? 50 minutes ago
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions: May 2013 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Lansinoh 20435 Breastmilk Storage Bags, 25-Count Boxes (Pack of 3) by KaliShanti
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › Gilligan & O'Malley® Womens Full Sling Long Nursing Tank by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo