or Connect
Mothering › Groups › May 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › The getting to know each other thread..

The getting to know each other thread..

post #1 of 126
Thread Starter 

ok i thought this would be fun.. basically the first person asks a short question, and then whoever reads it answers and writes a new question.. its a nice getting to know each other excersise.. plus im uber nervous about my scan so i needed something to keep my mind off of it ;)

So i'll start (you can write a brief explanation with the answer also)

Do you want a girl or boy?

post #2 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesway View Post

ok i thought this would be fun.. basically the first person asks a short question, and then whoever reads it answers and writes a new question.. its a nice getting to know each other excersise.. plus im uber nervous about my scan so i needed something to keep my mind off of it ;)

So i'll start (you can write a brief explanation with the answer also)

Do you want a girl or boy?

I'll play! 

 

I want a girl.  I know I'm not supposed to say that but I've always just pictured myself having a daughter.  Perhaps it's me wanting to exercise my mommy demons or just intuition but I've never really even considered the possibility of a boy.  Which could be bad since apparently the men in my husband's family "only have boys."  But that can't be completely true since my FIL has a sister!  So maybe it's just the first born men and since my DH is the second child it'll be a girl?  DH wants a girl too.  

 

I've done childcare for 12 years and have sat for plenty of boys but I just don't feel like I relate to them as well.  I know there will come a point where my children will "reject me" and become more independent but I feel like it would happen later for a girl since I'm also a girl.  Silly?  Probably?  But I still think my nephews prefer my husband since I have no interest in playing football and rough-housing with them.

 

Hmmm another question....

 

If there was one thing about being pregnant that you could eliminate, what would it be and why?

post #3 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynnH View Post

If there was one thing about being pregnant that you could eliminate, what would it be and why?

The exhaustion! I miss having energy and being able to do things when I come home from work.


In a perfect world, what would be your ideal birth setting?
post #4 of 126

So do I answer all the questions or just the latest one?

 

I think this bubs will be another boy, and I kind of like the idea. They'll be the 3 Musketeers. But if we get a girl that will be pretty good too, as then I get to sew pretty dresses and eventually buy a toy tea set to have tea parties with her.

 

I think fatigue is probably the one thing I'd like not to have. I actually find the all day nausea comforting, as I know that means lots of hormones and a strong healthy bond with the baby.

 

I'm hopefully getting my ideal birth. Last time was pretty near perfect, but this time we're going to try home birthing on our own without a midwife. She was only there for the last 2 hours of labor last time, and that still was a little distracting. I'm very modest by nature and I just could not strip down for the birth as it made me too uncomfortable having her there. So this time it will just be DH and I, alone to birth this baby. Hopefully it will be another night-time birth and the boys will sleep through (as DS1 did the last time), or we will have a friend come over to look after the boys if its during the day. She was there for the last birth but DS1 slept so she just sat on the sofa waiting, and then left about an hour after the birth after making me something to eat.

 

Do you enjoy being pregnant?

post #5 of 126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

So do I answer all the questions or just the latest one?

 just the last one, but i liked reading all your answers :) (also i think mines a boy)



Do i enjoy being pregnant?

Yes i do, more so since seeing the scan, im terrified still of miscarriage, but im really enjoying learning new things, feeling new sensations, and jjust daydreaming about what  my baby will be like.. its weird.. ive had a lot of problems already with being preg, i'm anaemic, and have spd, and at the begginning the sickness was atrocious as well as kidneys struggling a bit more and pregnancy acne- yum.. however yes.. overall :D hoorah.. lets hope it sticks :) :) :)

How many children do you want eventually? (all boys, all girls, or mixed?)

post #6 of 126

I would love to have three children one day. We have a 33 month old son and so the little brewing in my belly will be number two. My DH is actually pulling for us to stop at two kids and has mentioned more than once that he might just want to get snipped sooner rather than later. But we have negotiated that instead I will get an iud and we will make a decision on way or the other in a few years. I mean, maybe I will change my mind and decide that two is the perfect amount for us, but I am so not ready to shut that door yet. And boy/girls mix would be ideal for me, but we'll see what we get:)

post #7 of 126

Oh, I forgot to add a new question! Doh! I plead preggo brain:) Um, who do you want to be with you at the birth?
 

post #8 of 126
Thread Starter 

This is a difficult one as i'm not with the daddy anymore... i think there are quite a few people that i could ask.. i guess its a case of whos free at the time if its an emergency.. i find things like that dificult to ask people as i dont want to upset people i dont ask and i dont want to seem preseumptuous by asking people.. if its anything like seeing my first scan it will be THE most emotional thing ive ever been through so someone i dont mind crying infront of...theres a few girlies i have on my short list for now thats for sure.. but yeh, sad it wont be the daddy.

When pregnancy rules are out the window what is the first thing u will do/eat/drink?

post #9 of 126

First thing on my list is always sushi.

 

what do you most enjoy/ most looking forward to about motherhood?

post #10 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

First thing on my list is always sushi.

 

what do you most enjoy/ most looking forward to about motherhood?

I look forward to creating my own family with my own rules the most.  I know motherhood often helps women heal the family wounds from their past with the fresh start and I'm looking forward to forging my own family and finally getting rid of the negative forces in mine.

 

What are you most scared about (motherhood or pregnancy related)?

post #11 of 126
Quote:
What are you most scared about (motherhood or pregnancy related)?

 

Adjusting to life with three.  The transition to two was ROUGH for us (DD1 is very intense and baby had reflux).  I am just hoping and praying that things will go smoother this time because we have learned and grown.  I know there will be good days and hard days just like before.  Moments I want to drink in and savor forever and moments I can't wait to pass.
 
 
Will you find out the gender before birth or wait to be surprised at birth?
 
 
post #12 of 126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoBabyMaker View Post

 

Adjusting to life with three.  The transition to two was ROUGH for us (DD1 is very intense and baby had reflux).  I am just hoping and praying that things will go smoother this time because we have learned and grown.  I know there will be good days and hard days just like before.  Moments I want to drink in and savor forever and moments I can't wait to pass.
 
 
Will you find out the gender before birth or wait to be surprised at birth?
 
 

 i want to find out  before birth i think although i am absolutely convinced its a boy already and the midwife gave hints to this!!

If you could live anywhere in the world with your family, where would it be?

post #13 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesway View Post


If you could live anywhere in the world with your family, where would it be?

I would need to be able to live two places: Close to where I live now, but on an acerage (ideally on a lake, which is how I grew up and I miss it so much!) and with a second home in Spain, in or near Barcellona.  DH lived there for four months when he was doing his architecture degree, and I was there with him for two weeks.  We've been back a second time and I absolutely love the culture in Spain!

 

If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?  If your best friend described you in three words, what would they be?

 

ETA: A question. Well, two. lol redface.gif

post #14 of 126

Right where we are! I love where we live. Sorry, that's not a very adventurous answer.

 

Hmmm....boxers or briefs? haha just kidding. Ummm, What tv show are you currently in love with?

post #15 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

Right where we are! I love where we live. Sorry, that's not a very adventurous answer.

 

Hmmm....boxers or briefs? haha just kidding. Ummm, What tv show are you currently in love with?

BaileyB, we cross-posted!  So I'll answer your question too.

 

I prefer DH in boxers winky.gif  Ummm, I don't watch very much tv.  In fact, I didn't watch any from May until September.  Now that it's winter though...I like a bit of Storage Wars, DH and I watch Big Bang Theory, Modern Family and 30 Rock.  Oh, and I've been watching Breaking Amish on TLC. Sheepish.gif  But honestly, there is nothing I'm in love with right now.

post #16 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by nstewart View Post

 

If you had to describe yourself in three words, what would they be?  If your best friend described you in three words, what would they be?

 


This is such a sweet thread :)

 

I would use the words Creative, Emotional( right now more accurately I would say hormonal, sensitive and reactive but I'll be kind to myself) , and Passionate. My best friend in the world is E, she lives 4 hours away now but we talk most days, especially now that we are pregnant together, her with her second me with my first, I would not survive without her love and support. I asked her and she gave me Strong, Sensual, and Inspiring :) I love that woman.

 

What are you passionate about?

post #17 of 126
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by moriahmoonstar View Post


This is such a sweet thread :)

 

I would use the words Creative, Emotional( right now more accurately I would say hormonal, sensitive and reactive but I'll be kind to myself) , and Passionate. My best friend in the world is E, she lives 4 hours away now but we talk most days, especially now that we are pregnant together, her with her second me with my first, I would not survive without her love and support. I asked her and she gave me Strong, Sensual, and Inspiring  :) I love that woman.

 

What are you passionate about?


I am passionate about music, children, and life i would say, I am a deeply determined, strong willed person, who puts her heart and soul into everything i chose to do, and because i have nearly lost what i have so many times due to illness, i would deffinately say i am passionate about just being alive nowadays, my other love however has always been music, without music i dont think i could survive. I'm looking foreward to my baby growing ears in the next couple of weeks and being able to hear!! so exciting.

If there was a zombie invasion (hehe its halloween so zombie walks near me today) what would your weapon of choice be.. and why? :P

post #18 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesway View Post


I am passionate about music, children, and life i would say, I am a deeply determined, strong willed person, who puts her heart and soul into everything i chose to do, and because i have nearly lost what i have so many times due to illness, i would deffinately say i am passionate about just being alive nowadays, my other love however has always been music, without music i dont think i could survive. I'm looking foreward to my baby growing ears in the next couple of weeks and being able to hear!! so exciting.

If there was a zombie invasion (hehe its halloween so zombie walks near me today) what would your weapon of choice be.. and why? :P


I have no idea! DH's gun I suppose. A gun just seems the most effective Zombie slaying weapon! Haha. I don't think a cricket bat would be much good :P

 

Favourite type(s) of music?

post #19 of 126
Thread Starter 

ah love all sorts of music.. but i need it  to be well written/played/sang/performed/composed. I like everything from drum n bass to trip hop, from folk to rock, from jazzy blues to grunge.. hehe .. love music full stop basically.

 

If you could eat any type of food what so ever right now, what would it be?

post #20 of 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by timesway View Post

ah love all sorts of music.. but i need it  to be well written/played/sang/performed/composed. I like everything from drum n bass to trip hop, from folk to rock, from jazzy blues to grunge.. hehe .. love music full stop basically.

 

If you could eat any type of food what so ever right now, what would it be?

Mmmm, food...This is a hungry baby lately.  I JUST ate a scrambled egg on an english muffin with some cheddar cheese.  It was actually just what I wanted (it's 9:30am here now).  Although, I have to say, I seem to have developed a nacho addiction recently.  In the evenings that's what I want.  Corn tortilla chips with chedder cheese, baked in the oven with sour cream and salsa.  I suppose that's a tiny bit better than developing a jr. bacon cheeseburger addiction, right??

 

What are your top three favorite movies of all time?

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › May 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › The getting to know each other thread..