The original plan was to be surprised. We figured that even if it was a girl, we have some clothes of DS's that I would totally dress a girl in and we could get outfits after baby is born.
We had spoken hypothetically before about whether or not to find out if we ended up with twins. DP said no way, which was fine with me. On Thursday when twins became the reality DP said that we would need to find out. Just to be prepared. What if it is two girls? That's a lot of clothes to need- they will be sharing all clothes, but it is still more than I'd need for one baby. I was fine with that, although a little sad.
Yesterday DP asks if I want to find out our not, because he kind of doesn't. OMG MAKE UP YOUR MIND!
We have until Thursday to decide, but I am very torn. Here are my reasons:
- Be better prepared (everything from the actual pregnancy to finding twins has been a complete surprise)
- Money is going to be tight, so going crazy on outfits after they are here isn't going to happen (although I'm sure everyone will be bringing over clothes if it is a girl)
- If we have a boy DP is still pushing for circ (I'm not allowing it). I'm worried that if we have a boy and I haven't convinced DP by the time of birth, it will be a bit of a black cloud when I hear "it's a boy!" because we will continue to have dumb arguments about it.
Not finding out:
- I think being surprised is totally cool
- I have no preference for gender.
- I'm worried that everything else from my birth plan will go out the window and this is the only thing I can actually control.
What would you do? And if you would have other reasons for finding out/being surprised please feel free to share!