1. I have always heard that you have to line dry cloth diapers, especially pockets or AIOs. But I was seeing lots of moms on the forums saying they throw everything in the dryer. Is that a legitimate option or a no-no? If you can put BG in the dryer, what setting do you use and for how long?
2. Seems from my reading that most people's wash routines look something like this: cold rinse with nothing, hot wash with 1/4 to 1/2 detergent amount, and then a final rinse with cold or hot water. Is that more or less what you ladies do?
3. As far as wash cycle options on my washing machine, I've got colors, whites, delicates, quick wash, and load sensing. Which should I use for my diapers? (Its a front loader and not HE)
4. What's all the fuss about PUL? Do the diapers I'm using fall under that category? There seems to be great debate surrounding whether or not you can put them in the dryer (some saying you are supposed to, and others saying never because it's plastic). Thoughts?
5. According to the Cotton Babies website, the care instructions are different for the regular Freetime AIOs and the organic Elementals. Really? What a pain. Do folks who have both wash them separately or together? Dry them separately or together? (It says to line dry the Freetimes and "dry warm" the Elementals). Also, it says the Elementals should be per-washed 5-7 times before initial use. Is this important? I will post their instructions for each below:
Freetime: Care Instructions
Fasten hook tabs to laundry tabs on slot cover.
Pre-wash cold. Wash hot (100F/40C) with bumGenius detergent.
Extra rinse. Line Dry.
No laundry additives. No fabric softeners.
Use 1/4 cup or 60 mL bleach in the hot wash once per month.
Elementals: Care Instructions
Your organic diapers will need to be prewashed 5-7 times in hot water with a bit of detergent in each load. Dry warm.
Regular wash routine: Wash cold with ¼ of the manufacturer’s recommended amount of additive free detergent. Wash hot with the same amount of detergent. Double rinse. Dry warm.
So do I bleach the Elementals monthy too? You see why I am confused?
6. What's this about stripping diapers? I don't even know what that means!
Thank you mamas so much!!!! I so excited to read everyone's birth stories!