No spend/ budgeted spending
Crafted for at least 30 minutes
1. Starting the month off right
4. I've already spent a chunk on some Christmas presents for the ILs and DH. I wasn't planning to spend this much, but the gifts I got are *perfect* for them and they're so incredibly generous with us, I don't feel the least bit sad or guilty about it, Also, we're doing our big monthly grocery shop at Costco. DH isn't coming w/ us, so hopefully I'll have an easier time sticking to the list and budget.
5. DH had a dr appt and needed a prescription, thankfully we have a medical sink fund to cover the co-pays.
7. I have got to stop going on zulily. I just dropped another chunk on some probably unneeded Christmas gifts
9. Budgeted spending today- picked up DS2's birthday present. Quite happy because we got it on sale AND had a gift card we were able to apply to it, so although I budgeted $100 for it, we only ended up spending OOP $75. ALSO, I had a coupon for a $10 gift card if you spent a certain amount, so I have another $10 gc in my wallet now to apply to future gifts
10. I knew today would be a spending day. We bought "gifts" to fill our Operation Christmas Child boxes for church and we finished out the monthly grocery shop. We went over the grocery budget because I let DH convince me to get lunch meat and I found a good deal on potatoes, 50lbs for $17, so I bought a sack. Also, though I had intended on making DD1's birthday cake for tomorrow, I just don't have the time or energy, so we bought one.
11. More Christmas gifts. *sigh*
12. Whew, finally. Most of today was spent prepping for our scout pack meeting potluck.
13. Not going anywhere today. Hopefully I'll make some progress on homemade gifts.
14. I altered a pair of maternity jeans today. I hated the way they fit and I already had a pair of bootcut maternity jeans so I made them into skinny jeans to wear with my favorite knee high boots that I've been wanting to wear but couldn't b/c I had no skinny maternity jeans. Yesterday I didn't make any progress on gifts. but today my intent is to sit and knit after dinner.
15. I feel pretty safe giving myself a No Spend for today. I finished a scarf last night and hopefully later today I'll finish the main body of another gift. I'm determined to keep up the momentum I've built over the last few days.
11 No Spend days and 10 Crafting days, I'm half way to my goal. Here's to finishing strong the last half of the month.