If I hadn't wimped out on hb I could have had her seen at my leisure, but the fact is that I'm now needing to do this search faster than I wanted. If anyone here has any suggestions, I'd really appreciate them.
Can't help much about the area, but my suggestion is to find a family practice, get your newborn seen. Tell them you are delaying for now. That way you get in, and can feel the doctor out. Good luck
I agree - just have your baby seen by anybody right now. Tell them you are delaying the hep b and other vaccines don't become an issue until 2 months. That way you have some time to look around for an appropriate provider, but can get the hospital off your back.
where ever you take her should have the forms and all you do is sign consent for transfer of records. They should take care of everything from there to do with transfer of records, unless you want to transfer them yourself. In that case, call the hospital, sign the appropriate forms for release of your records and carry them to your appt. Most drs will see an infant for a regular chekcup, regardless of records being there or not (in my experience)