or Connect
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › HELP! Yeast infection (ugh, I know!)

HELP! Yeast infection (ugh, I know!)

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

I was wondering if anyone had any tips for clearing up a vaginal yeast infection- I've tried 3 different creams over the last week and I thought it was better...then it came back to me full force yesterday, and I can barely walk I am burning so bad! I have had them in the past and always took oral fluconazole, but it is a Class C drug and I really hesitate to take it while pregnant, even though the doc said it was okay. Any ideas? Thanks!!

post #2 of 11

internally, take acidophilus capsules.

 

externally use witch hazel.  the cheapest way to purchase is by the bottle, next to the hydrogen peroxide.  Tucks pads work and are convenient but much more expensive.  it will burn  a bit just at first but it will relieve the irritation right away.  it works better than anything i have found (also great postpartum, for mosquito bites, and acne!).

post #3 of 11

I find raw garlic (taken like pills) works amazing at wiping out candida anywhere, as well as a variety of probiotics (but I think we should always be on those, no matter what). 

 

Internally (down there), I've never had success with anything other than Monistat stuff, so I'm no help in regards to that.

post #4 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1babysmom View Post

I find raw garlic (taken like pills) works amazing at wiping out candida anywhere, as well as a variety of probiotics (but I think we should always be on those, no matter what). 

 

Internally (down there), I've never had success with anything other than Monistat stuff, so I'm no help in regards to that.

 

When I had yeast infections with DS, I used garlic cloves internally. Hurt like the dickens at first, but I didn't have the yeast infection(s) for long. (But if just taking them like pills works just as well, I think it would be a more... pleasant? route to take)

post #5 of 11

Yeah, I don't know if it works for everyone, but I dealt with my share of a variety of yeast troubles during my 3-4 years of chronic systemic candida and the raw garlic never failed me.  But I was also on a number of other anti-fungal treatments at the time, yet it seemed like whenever I'd start back in with the garlic, it sped things up almost immediately.

post #6 of 11

You can also take one peeled clove and put it up in the vaginal cavity. I have a friend who has had success with this. I've never tried it. She even did it while pregnant :)

post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post

You can also take one peeled clove and put it up in the vaginal cavity. I have a friend who has had success with this. I've never tried it. She even did it while pregnant :)

 

That's what I was talking about, peeled, and then I cut some slits in it. I did it whenever I had a yeast infection when I was pregnant with DS. I wasn't sure how to word it, though. Pregnant brain and sleep deprivation, anyone? :P

post #8 of 11

LOL...I was in a hurry and didn't read all the replies :)

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martha83 View Post

LOL...I was in a hurry and didn't read all the replies :)

 

That's alright. I think you did a much better job of explaining it than I did, so really, thank you. :)

post #10 of 11
Thread Starter 

Thanks for all the advice, ladies! I was actually thinking of doing the garlic thing- but I hadn't actually heard of it being done before, I thought I was just going to be experimenting! Glad to know I was on the right track. And I didn't even think of witch hazel, DUH! And, with my nausea, I cut out my probiotic caps so that it would be one less thing to swallow...but perhaps I should start them up again. Okay, I am feeling better, now I know what to try if it starts creeping up again. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsavery View Post

Thanks for all the advice, ladies! I was actually thinking of doing the garlic thing- but I hadn't actually heard of it being done before, I thought I was just going to be experimenting! Glad to know I was on the right track. And I didn't even think of witch hazel, DUH! And, with my nausea, I cut out my probiotic caps so that it would be one less thing to swallow...but perhaps I should start them up again. Okay, I am feeling better, now I know what to try if it starts creeping up again. THANK YOU THANK YOU!!

 

I take a variety of probiotics, but I really like the powder packets because I feel the same way...I hate having more pills to take!!!  I really like ThreeLac and VSL#3.  (the latter isn't as tasty, but it's a powerful one)  Or just the plain unflavored powder, and you can put it in other foods (yogurt, applesauce, etc)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › HELP! Yeast infection (ugh, I know!)