- 166 Posts. Joined 12/2011
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
Related Forum Threads
- Queer Conceptions - October 2012 Last post on 10/31/12 at 3:05pm in Queer Parenting
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Will "Gay Friendly" McDonald's Ad Air in the U.S.?
Edited on 3/20/13
- Twelfth Way for Dads to Change the World: Take the kids to a march...Edited on 3/14/13
- It's a Good Day for a White WeddingEdited on 3/5/13
- Pregnancy After Birth Loss ResourcesEdited on 6/27/11
Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting! November, December, and January 2013!!! - Page 18post #341 of 91212/21/12 at 5:23pmCarmen, I am so excited for you! And impressed with your strength and resilience. I know you've been through a lot. Fingers crossed for a healthy next 8ish months!!!Sponsored Linkspost #342 of 91212/21/12 at 5:23pmMax, the LC may have the name of a doc who is comfortable with it. You can also nurse with an SNS or lact-aid even if you don't produce much milk. I have never used one, but my older kids nursed with their mama with one. She didn't find the experience comfortable, but no one ever worked on good latch with her, so that may have contributed. If you started late and didn't make it into the Dom til she comes, she would do the work of the pump and be much more enjoyable. I'm just guessing, of course.
Lillie, he is beautiful.post #343 of 91212/21/12 at 5:27pmAnd congratulations, lillielil!!! So sorry yr birth didn't go as planned, and so grateful that your baby is perfect. Enjoy these sweet early days of magic!
Max, sorry to hear yr doctor wouldn't prescribe the meds you hoped for. Is there another doc you can see? maybe the LC will have a good lead?post #344 of 91212/21/12 at 5:28pmpost #345 of 91212/21/12 at 7:11pmpost #346 of 91212/21/12 at 8:45pmpost #347 of 91212/22/12 at 6:59am
I'm postpartum doula and lactation specialist in the Bay Area AND my wife has induced lactation using the Newman Goldfarb protocol with great success (we are both still nursing our 2.5 year old.) PM me and I'll give you some info about where you can get dom. ;)post #348 of 91212/22/12 at 8:16am
Max: 1. I am pretty sure you can get Domperidone from Canada- illegally maybe but I won't tell.
2. What about reglan? I think it can be prescribed for things other than inducing supply but I know for a fact it helps with that too. When L was little I weaned due to his medical issues and then relactated using a pumping and reglan protocol. Just a few thoughts!
Lillielil: Yay! I have a 17 month old Harrison too! I love the name, seeing it on here has been fun! He is a doll baby.
Anyone hear from Library? I miss her
Wishin: A boy! Brothers are the best.
There are tons of boys around here these days. There are going to be some amazing men in the world in the next 18 yearsish!post #349 of 91212/22/12 at 10:22ampost #350 of 91212/22/12 at 10:39ampost #351 of 91212/23/12 at 3:35pmThread StarterMax, I ordered my Dom from some online pharmacy in the south pacific. Slightly sketch, but no one would write me a scrip, and the compounding pharmacy was hella expensive. It's been a long time, so I don't remember where we ordered from (the name), but if you post in the breastfeeding challenges forum people should have lots of advice.
Good luck!!!post #352 of 91212/23/12 at 11:03pm
Hey everyone! I'm finally making the leap from queer conceptions. Here's a bit of an intro: My wife and I recently got our bfp after a home IUI. I'm 7 weeks on Tuesday and our EDD is 8/13/13. This was our first cycle trying after a three year break and I'm still in shock that it worked. I'm a doula, cbe and lactation specialist working toward LC exam next summer as well as a part-time project coordinator for a bfing project -- so the perinatal period is my life and finally experiencing it on a personal level is amazing. I stopped feel nauseated for a couple days and had a bit of a panic/pessimism, but it's come back recently. We're looking forward to an early ultrasound on 1/7 and then we'll do homebirth midwife consults and share with our families when we visit them in late Jan/Feb. I really enjoy the support on the queer conceptions board and look forward to "getting to know" you all here.
post #353 of 91212/24/12 at 5:05ampost #354 of 91212/24/12 at 6:36ampost #355 of 91212/24/12 at 11:44amCarmen- Congratulations!
Joyseattle- Welcome and Congratulations!
Thanks to everyone for your support and advice on breast feeding! Moral of the story, never freak out about not having access to something. The internet provides a plethora of options! Also, the women here on this forum are smart, educated, and ready to give feedback and advice. You are all awesome and I’m glad I came here first when my doctor told me no.
This last weekend we visited the birth parents again and got a tour of the maternity ward at the hospital. We met the nurses on the floor and talked to them a little about what we were all doing and the hospital plan. It was so exciting!
Happy holidays everyone!post #356 of 91212/25/12 at 6:39pm
Welcome Joy! So happy to have you here. It's pretty crazy that you took a 3-year break and it worked the first time! The stars seem to have aligned.post #357 of 91212/25/12 at 9:15pm
Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates!
Welcome Joy.. Congrats on the BFP! Best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy!
Max.. Play dates will be fun.. there are a few of us with babies born or being born around same time... we also plan to stay mobile.. we shall see how that goes with 3 babies! Happy to hear you have been getting some good info how to get the Dopermine.. Sorry your MD wouldnt write an RX for it .. How exciting to tour the hospital and meet the nurses..
AFM... 25 weeks, almost 26 weeks.. We go for a second level 2 u/s to re check baby B and his SUA ( umbilical cord thing he has) and check their growth..I am excited to see how much they changed since the last u/s on the 5th. I had to meet the new practice on Friday and was not that impressed.. I def miss my old doctor ( am having to switch because of Insurance reasons) I mean the doctor seems capable .. but we were there 2 hrs.. he never once checked the babies heart rates, ect.. I am so used to the other practice where I am known and my questions are answered..I really have to advocate for myself with the new doctors.. We do have a C section date for Feb 25th.. that will be a bit over 34 weeks! ( full term for triplets usually)
We also have the nursery done.. Ill post a few photos.. DP did all the wall art .. she drew on contact paper and cut them out and painted them all the right colors.. Dr Seuss will be something the boys can grow with for a few years!!post #358 of 91212/26/12 at 11:58ampost #359 of 91212/26/12 at 7:25pmNursery looks super cute
Congrats, mrs and joy! I'm happy to have some first trimester buddies!
Seraf, your boys are crazy adorable.
I'm recovering after all the food I've been indulging in for the past few days. We had a lovely holiday and saw lots of friends and family. I spent one night up at 3am barfing but I managed to hide the nausea that often kicks my butt. I've been nauseous on and off since about 12dpo so I'm hoping it's a good sign. I'm honestly comforted by it and welcome it! Sadistic, I know. Got a call from the midwifery clinic that I worked with for DD's birth. Looks like I get the same team except for one person who moved away (the one who actually helped catch DD). I will wait until after my u/s on Jan. 3 before scheduling the appt. though. I'm still finding it hard to believe!!post #360 of 91212/27/12 at 7:21am
Welcome to all the new ladies!..Congrats on your BFP
We are so behind on personals...Our days and nights are so busy,
So here are some updates on our kiddos.
A is doing really good in school honor roll..and basketball season has started for her!..which she loves!
N is doing a little better with school and in home therapies .
L is a burst of engery morning, noon, and night..loves her sister and brothers!...I love watching her play with j too cute!
j is almost walking and loves to eat and cuddle.
Cananny- Can't believe how close you are!
Here are some pics
- Twelfth Way for Dads to Change the World: Take the kids to a march...
- › Motherease cotton terry vs organic durability-any use both? I need... 11 minutes ago
- › Online Baby Registry - what would you include? 32 minutes ago
- › High risk pregnancy resources in Greenville, SC area? 33 minutes ago
- › Weekly chat -- June 17th to 24th 35 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat Thread: 6/17-6/23 36 minutes ago
- › Braxton Hicks 54 minutes ago
- › Reasons for not vaccinating children? 55 minutes ago
- › Declared grade for homeschooling? 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Not scared of birth, scared of people 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › Naturekins Leak Proof Reusable Nursing Pads by mom2threegrls
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama