Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productAfter Miscarriage: Medical Facts and Emotional Support for Pregnancy Losstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- productLesbian And Gay Foster And Adoptive Parents: Recruiting, Assessing, And Supporting an Untapped Resource for Children And Youthtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
- productQueer Families, Common Agendas: Gay People, Lesbians, and Family Valuestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/17/13
Related Forum Threads
- Queer Conceptions - October 2012 Last post on 10/31/12 at 3:05pm in Queer Parenting
- 5-5.5 weeks, 13000+ HCG, No fetal pole seen, what to think??? Last post on 8/13/12 at 9:16am in I'm Pregnant
- Queer & Pregnant & Parenting - July, August, September, and now October! Last post on 11/1/12 at 6:25am in Queer Parenting
Will "Gay Friendly" McDonald's Ad Air in the U.S.?
Last edited: 3/20/13
- Twelfth Way for Dads to Change the World: Take the kids to a march...Last edited: 3/14/13
- It's a Good Day for a White WeddingLast edited: 3/5/13
- Pregnancy After Birth Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting! November, December, and January 2013!!! - Page 18post #342 of 91212/21/12 at 5:23pmMax, the LC may have the name of a doc who is comfortable with it. You can also nurse with an SNS or lact-aid even if you don't produce much milk. I have never used one, but my older kids nursed with their mama with one. She didn't find the experience comfortable, but no one ever worked on good latch with her, so that may have contributed. If you started late and didn't make it into the Dom til she comes, she would do the work of the pump and be much more enjoyable. I'm just guessing, of course.
Lillie, he is beautiful.post #343 of 91212/21/12 at 5:27pmAnd congratulations, lillielil!!! So sorry yr birth didn't go as planned, and so grateful that your baby is perfect. Enjoy these sweet early days of magic!
Max, sorry to hear yr doctor wouldn't prescribe the meds you hoped for. Is there another doc you can see? maybe the LC will have a good lead?post #344 of 91212/21/12 at 5:28pmpost #345 of 91212/21/12 at 7:11pmpost #346 of 91212/21/12 at 8:45pmpost #347 of 91212/22/12 at 6:59am
I'm postpartum doula and lactation specialist in the Bay Area AND my wife has induced lactation using the Newman Goldfarb protocol with great success (we are both still nursing our 2.5 year old.) PM me and I'll give you some info about where you can get dom. ;)post #348 of 91212/22/12 at 8:16am
Max: 1. I am pretty sure you can get Domperidone from Canada- illegally maybe but I won't tell.
2. What about reglan? I think it can be prescribed for things other than inducing supply but I know for a fact it helps with that too. When L was little I weaned due to his medical issues and then relactated using a pumping and reglan protocol. Just a few thoughts!
Lillielil: Yay! I have a 17 month old Harrison too! I love the name, seeing it on here has been fun! He is a doll baby.
Anyone hear from Library? I miss her
Wishin: A boy! Brothers are the best.
There are tons of boys around here these days. There are going to be some amazing men in the world in the next 18 yearsish!post #349 of 91212/22/12 at 10:22ampost #350 of 91212/22/12 at 10:39ampost #351 of 91212/23/12 at 3:35pmThread StarterMax, I ordered my Dom from some online pharmacy in the south pacific. Slightly sketch, but no one would write me a scrip, and the compounding pharmacy was hella expensive. It's been a long time, so I don't remember where we ordered from (the name), but if you post in the breastfeeding challenges forum people should have lots of advice.
Good luck!!!post #352 of 91212/23/12 at 11:03pm
Hey everyone! I'm finally making the leap from queer conceptions. Here's a bit of an intro: My wife and I recently got our bfp after a home IUI. I'm 7 weeks on Tuesday and our EDD is 8/13/13. This was our first cycle trying after a three year break and I'm still in shock that it worked. I'm a doula, cbe and lactation specialist working toward LC exam next summer as well as a part-time project coordinator for a bfing project -- so the perinatal period is my life and finally experiencing it on a personal level is amazing. I stopped feel nauseated for a couple days and had a bit of a panic/pessimism, but it's come back recently. We're looking forward to an early ultrasound on 1/7 and then we'll do homebirth midwife consults and share with our families when we visit them in late Jan/Feb. I really enjoy the support on the queer conceptions board and look forward to "getting to know" you all here.
post #353 of 91212/24/12 at 5:05ampost #354 of 91212/24/12 at 6:36ampost #355 of 91212/24/12 at 11:44amCarmen- Congratulations!
Joyseattle- Welcome and Congratulations!
Thanks to everyone for your support and advice on breast feeding! Moral of the story, never freak out about not having access to something. The internet provides a plethora of options! Also, the women here on this forum are smart, educated, and ready to give feedback and advice. You are all awesome and I’m glad I came here first when my doctor told me no.
This last weekend we visited the birth parents again and got a tour of the maternity ward at the hospital. We met the nurses on the floor and talked to them a little about what we were all doing and the hospital plan. It was so exciting!
Happy holidays everyone!post #356 of 91212/25/12 at 6:39pmpost #357 of 91212/25/12 at 9:15pm
Merry Christmas to everyone who celebrates!
Welcome Joy.. Congrats on the BFP! Best wishes for a happy healthy pregnancy!
Max.. Play dates will be fun.. there are a few of us with babies born or being born around same time... we also plan to stay mobile.. we shall see how that goes with 3 babies! Happy to hear you have been getting some good info how to get the Dopermine.. Sorry your MD wouldnt write an RX for it .. How exciting to tour the hospital and meet the nurses..
AFM... 25 weeks, almost 26 weeks.. We go for a second level 2 u/s to re check baby B and his SUA ( umbilical cord thing he has) and check their growth..I am excited to see how much they changed since the last u/s on the 5th. I had to meet the new practice on Friday and was not that impressed.. I def miss my old doctor ( am having to switch because of Insurance reasons) I mean the doctor seems capable .. but we were there 2 hrs.. he never once checked the babies heart rates, ect.. I am so used to the other practice where I am known and my questions are answered..I really have to advocate for myself with the new doctors.. We do have a C section date for Feb 25th.. that will be a bit over 34 weeks! ( full term for triplets usually)
We also have the nursery done.. Ill post a few photos.. DP did all the wall art .. she drew on contact paper and cut them out and painted them all the right colors.. Dr Seuss will be something the boys can grow with for a few years!!post #358 of 91212/26/12 at 11:58ampost #359 of 91212/26/12 at 7:25pmNursery looks super cute
Congrats, mrs and joy! I'm happy to have some first trimester buddies!
Seraf, your boys are crazy adorable.
I'm recovering after all the food I've been indulging in for the past few days. We had a lovely holiday and saw lots of friends and family. I spent one night up at 3am barfing but I managed to hide the nausea that often kicks my butt. I've been nauseous on and off since about 12dpo so I'm hoping it's a good sign. I'm honestly comforted by it and welcome it! Sadistic, I know. Got a call from the midwifery clinic that I worked with for DD's birth. Looks like I get the same team except for one person who moved away (the one who actually helped catch DD). I will wait until after my u/s on Jan. 3 before scheduling the appt. though. I'm still finding it hard to believe!!post #360 of 91212/27/12 at 7:21am
Welcome to all the new ladies!..Congrats on your BFP
We are so behind on personals...Our days and nights are so busy,
So here are some updates on our kiddos.
A is doing really good in school honor roll..and basketball season has started for her!..which she loves!
N is doing a little better with school and in home therapies .
L is a burst of engery morning, noon, and night..loves her sister and brothers!...I love watching her play with j too cute!
j is almost walking and loves to eat and cuddle.
Cananny- Can't believe how close you are!
Here are some pics
- Twelfth Way for Dads to Change the World: Take the kids to a march...
- › 35+ Mamas 11 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 14 minutes ago
- › Trying to figure this charting thing out:) 22 minutes ago
- › Ex bouncing in and out of sons life 30 minutes ago
- › ~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ 31 minutes ago
- › The "I Have Available" Thread 39 minutes ago
- › The official 2013 Treasure Map thread 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Academic single moms, please help me not panic. 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 1 hour, 39 minutes ago
- › Plus Size and Pregnant 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo