or Connect
Mothering › Groups › November 2012 Due Date Club › Discussions › Chit chat November

Chit chat November - Page 3

post #41 of 111

faye - that's kind of what the senation is. Twice now I have sat up in the middle of the night and it's already in my throat. I've only ever had that happen one other time in my life, when our whole family came down ith an AWFUL stomach bug. I hope that never happens again. Luckily both times it's happened this week DH has been on the other couch and I've been able to say 'bowl!' before it gets all teh way up :p

 

Thyme - I'm in the same boat as you, labor is crappy, but they have been out in 3-4 pushes. I have no problem with the pushing part! I hate having long labors. I hope she/he comes on Monday!!

 

babychak - Patience is so hard to come by right now isn't it?

post #42 of 111

Has anyone tried accupuncture to help get labour started?  Was it successful?

post #43 of 111

I can't find anyone here that will do labor acupuncture or acupressure. Liability and all that.

post #44 of 111

... okay... I had a pregnancy brain moment last night. When the weather is good I keep our guinea pigs outside (in their cage of course) on our porch. I'd been watching all week for when the storm was coming. I told DH 3 or 4 times this week to remind me to bring them in saturday night. Well 4 in the morning, I had been laying there for a while trying to go back to sleep after getting up to pee and suddenly I hear the deluge. D'oh. Needless to say after going out to deal with that I didn't get any more sleep last night. Grrrrrr......

 

On the up side it led to a thorough cleaning of the cage and critters which was desperately needed... which then led to a thorough cleaning of the laundry room.

post #45 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post

 

On the up side it led to a thorough cleaning of the cage and critters which was desperately needed... which then led to a thorough cleaning of the laundry room.

 

Glad something good came out of it at least! orngbiggrin.gif

 

Anyone else feel it should be later in November than just the 11th? This is a long month for me already!

post #46 of 111

Oh not fun, OceansEve! We had guinea pigs when I was about 10. I wish we'd kept those noisy, dirty things on the porch. Lol They were fun though.

 

Well I'm still not in labor either. 40+4 today. I did have a bloody show this morning though. My sis did that 2 weeks before her son came and my Mom 3 1/2 hrs before my sis came. My MW is 2 hrs away delivering another baby right now, so I probably will have him soon. Bwahaha. Na, I'm not having any contractions or even BHx so I think I'm good for a while.

 

I did a LOT of spinning babies stuff yesterday and last night, I could PEE like a normal person all night. This morning, no such luck, but it it was encouraging. :)

post #47 of 111
Thread Starter 

Never tried acupuncture, sounds painful, and pressure point massage is equally effective from what I've heard.  Though, if I go to 42w3d (for me, that's Dec 20), I would try just about anything at that point, and I know it. Do not want to have to get induced on Christmas Eve, that just sounds so dreadful.

 

I complain on here so much, but I have to give DH kudos for making this the best day ever.  I was having this horrible hormonal moment, and DH offered to take DD out for 45 minutes.  45 minutes of pure alone bliss, its such a blessing.  Totally winning the husband of the year award for that one.  

post #48 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by sere234 View Post

 

Anyone else feel it should be later in November than just the 11th? This is a long month for me already!

Yes! It should be the 21st!! At least!

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKoehn View Post

 

Well I'm still not in labor either. 40+4 today. I did have a bloody show this morning though. My sis did that 2 weeks before her son came and my Mom 3 1/2 hrs before my sis came. My MW is 2 hrs away delivering another baby right now, so I probably will have him soon. Bwahaha. Na, I'm not having any contractions or even BHx so I think I'm good for a while.

 

 

haha I know what you mean. I'm sure your labor will start, she'll still be in process with the other birth, then she'll show up 5 minutes after you have your babe :p Right?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fayebond View Post

 

I complain on here so much, but I have to give DH kudos for making this the best day ever.  I was having this horrible hormonal moment, and DH offered to take DD out for 45 minutes.  45 minutes of pure alone bliss, its such a blessing.  Totally winning the husband of the year award for that one.  

 

Good on him! Sounds like he deserves a reward, but not right now, when you are feeling better. He better take rain checks :)

post #49 of 111
I've had two sessions of acupuncture. From what I've read, if it doesn't work in four sessions it isn't going to so I'll have two more sessions at most. Obviously it hasn't worked yet. My next session will be tomorrow.

It's not painful at all except when the needles are first being placed. Then it is a sensation of the muscle "twanging" where the needle goes in. My acupuncturist describes it as "activating" the point. After that I don't really feel anything except a lovely floaty, drowsy sensation.
post #50 of 111

I don't find acupuncture painful at all.  I actually love it.  I find it very relaxing and pleasant.  

 

I've been going to acupuncture for the past few weeks for toning, general well being only.  I'm going monday evening for a more induction type treatment, since I'll be 40 weeks then. I'll let you know if anything happens.  My acupuncturist firmly believes it will help labor start if your body is ready, and won't do anything if your body isn't ready.  So....yeah, labor probably would have started anyway without it.  But I've had two very long labors and am hoping the acupuncture helps shorten my labor.  MW recommended it and I'm willing to give it a shot.  So far it's completely taken away my heartburn, my sciatic pain, and helped with less anxiety and stress.  

post #51 of 111
Quote:

Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post

 

haha I know what you mean. I'm sure your labor will start, she'll still be in process with the other birth, then she'll show up 5 minutes after you have your babe :p Right?

 

Good news, she's finished with the other birth and back again. She said she'd not be surprised to hear me start labor overnight.... We'll see. It started snowing - and sticking here this evening.... Figures. She'll want to go to Spokane for the other woman's 24 hr check, but I guess she's got assistants up there that can take that one if I need her. Having BHx (or Cx?) this evening that take my breath a little but nothing really beside that. Show stopped in the afternoon and came back this evening, now it's fading again. We'll see.... I'm off to bed!

post #52 of 111
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post

Good on him! Sounds like he deserves a reward, but not right now, when you are feeling better. He better take rain checks :)

:) Around here, it'll be raining the entire month of February.  My first present, though, is going to be successfully VBAC-ing this baby.  The CS was really hard on him, largely bc I was out of it for a whole two weeks so he was home on vacay but we never even got to talk.  Ugh, I was such a zombie on those meds.   I am SO looking forward to being awake, even tired and achy, just to feel alive after this birth is going to be awesome.  Also, this month is taking WAY TOO LONG.  I am itching to meet the LO already.  I have to keep my list of to-dos posted everywhere, reminding me that I actually have ALOT left on it.

 

Done: buy Christmas presents, extra crib, cleaned out junk on lower floor, bought newborn diapers, start baby journal, refi house, org closets, clean out freezer to prep for meals.

 

Not Done: make bed, write Christmas cards, wrap the last presents, fix cloth diapers, set up queen bed, buy birth tub supplies in case I decide to waterbirth, and sell off extra furniture that no longer fits in a baby room with two cribs.

post #53 of 111

faye - I hope your VBAC goes well. My c/s was hard on DH too, but that's cause he genuinely thought I was dead through part of it :p They had to knock me out to cut her out and DH looked from her over to me still on the table. He said he still has nightmares because I looked dead and the OB had me open like a turkey cleaning out giblets. How's that for a mental image :p Anyway vbac was a good healing experience for both of us, I hope you guys get the same thing!

post #54 of 111

Okay, I'm torn, it was nice to get sleep last night, but I really thought I was headed for labor. After two days of painful ctx all over the place including bouts of close ctx, last night NOTHING. Last night I poked on her head and she moved up to get away from me poking on her. I guess that really is what is causing my problems. When she starts to move down she's triggering ctx, but without the hormone shift they're just painful and all over the place.

post #55 of 111

So I'm 40 weeks today, and at my mw appointment this morning she checked my cervix, only to find that I was only 1 cm and not really effaced at all :-(  She thinks the baby is already 9 pounds too.  So she stretched me to a 3 and did a sweep.  I didn't think I wanted any checks at all, but at this point I'm feeling really done and ready to get this show going.  It's hard b/c my last dd was born on her due date and to not even have anything happening at this point is disheartening.  Oh well, I know I'm in good company- several others of you are waiting past your due dates.

 

I pray something picks up soon here.

post #56 of 111

What's the deal with that?? We need some babies to start dropping! It would help the rest of us with our boredom!

post #57 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by OceansEve View Post

What's the deal with that?? We need some babies to start dropping! It would help the rest of us with our boredom!

 

YES. Someone needs to have a baby soon! Maybe MrsKoehn?

post #58 of 111

I am feeling really sorry for myself today. greensad.gif Trying to get out of the funk. If I don't go into labor by Wednesday night, only one of my lovely midwives will be attending my birth, along with another midwife that I have never met, though my two midwives swear I'll love so much that I'm not allowed to hire her if we have another baby. I'm not convinced, as this other midwife did placenta traction on my friend without her permission and kept tugging even after my friend asked her to stop numerous times. irked.gif

 

To try and get out of this funk I am sweeping and mopping the house right now. Then I'll eat a bowl of chicken soup and bake some peanut butter cookies (DH used my soft butter for toast yesterday so I had to wait for more to soften). Then I am going to finish our bathroom refresh (hang mirrors, hooks, pictures, place trashcan and yoni pad box). Then I am going to dive headfirst into sewing amd tie-dyeing some pants. A long complicated project should help get labor going. If I can, I am going to go to the grocery store later and pick up a half dozen roasts to put in the freezer to cook after the baby is here.

post #59 of 111

hug2.gif Wash your bed sheets too, maybe that will get your water to break in the middle of the night. I'm trying out that theory tonight lol.gif

 

Possible TMI: This kid is being such a little pain :p I bent over had an AWFUL pain in my cervix and then by anus began to...well.... tickle? I guess would be the best description?? I've never felt anything like that! So strange!!

post #60 of 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thyme Mama View Post

I am feeling really sorry for myself today. greensad.gif Trying to get out of the funk. If I don't go into labor by Wednesday night, only one of my lovely midwives will be attending my birth, along with another midwife that I have never met, though my two midwives swear I'll love so much that I'm not allowed to hire her if we have another baby. I'm not convinced, as this other midwife did placenta traction on my friend without her permission and kept tugging even after my friend asked her to stop numerous times. irked.gif

 

 

I have the same situation.  My mw told me last tuesday that she was leaving for vacation to disney world on friday and wouldn't be back to attend births until the 18th.  I was so annoyed.  She had these plans for 6 months and told me 3 days before she was leaving.  So now I will have to have a mw I never met (along with my other familiar mw) if I go into labor before the 18th- which I seriously hope I will!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: November 2012 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › November 2012 Due Date Club › Discussions › Chit chat November