I didn't see that anybody had started one. So here we go!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on Today at 5:30 am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly Chat September 12 - September 20 Last post on 9/29/13 at 7:10pm in October 2013 Due Date Club
Join Your Due Date Club!
Last edited: 12/4/13
- June 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 4/3/13
- September 2010 New ArrivalsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc Spotlight SignupsLast edited: 6/27/11
- March 2011 Ddc RosterLast edited: 5/2/13
November Chat Threadpost #1 of 32811/1/12 at 3:50pmThread Starterpost #2 of 32811/1/12 at 4:20pm
Thank you for starting this. I'm having a hard time believing it's already November! =P
ETA: I went in for my follow up appt regarding my thyroid / Hashimoto's and was surprised to learn they would be giving me an ultrasound to check the growth of the baby. Bonus viewing! We got a really good look at all the parts since he had to take measurements. Got the hear the heartbeat and see the little hands brushing against the face. Pretty darn amazing. He even said he suspects it's a girl to which I just giggled and kept the fact that we already know that to myself.
Thankfully all was on track and I don't have to go back to him for 6 weeks.post #3 of 32811/1/12 at 5:06pmThread Starterpost #4 of 32811/1/12 at 5:12pmI am so exhausted, it really is crazy. For example,i usually bake bread every day...these days I am getting it done once a week and have serious trouble getting up enough energy to cook spaghetti, much less our usual meals. Thank goodness for kids who love fresh salads and fruit, and for homemade chili. Best meal ever for exhaust-a-mommies.
And...I am failing miserably at being zen about letting the baby alone this time around. I am regretting not doing the nuchal translucency or the quad screen...
If I had the energy, I would do some yoga and relax a little, but honestly, I would rather try to nap.
Thanks for listening to me whine.
Love, ppost #5 of 32811/1/12 at 5:59pmpost #6 of 32811/1/12 at 6:50pmQuote:
Sounds like me lately.
Is anyone else having trouble keeping up with their job? I have found it *so* hard to keep up. I had the doctor write a note for no more than 40 hour weeks and 8 hour days, but even by then... I'm exhausted. My house, less than ideal, I haven't made a good meal in... weeks, maybe? Thank goodness the kids like peanut butter sandwiches and cereal. For a few weeks, I was feeling really good, and now, I'm *so* exhausted. Thankfully, DF will be (hopefully) be starting a heavier schedule come January, and he's wanting for me to start staying at home with the kids if that happens. While it will be very demanding on him, I know that it will make him happier if he doesn't have to worry about me working.post #7 of 32811/1/12 at 7:13pmThread Starter
I've made a few meals...mostly Crock Pot recipes (I love slow cookers so much, I have three)! If anybody needs some good crock-pot recipes, lemme know. It's especially helpful during pregnancy to be able to toss stuff in there in the morning before all my energy is gone, but still have a delicious meal in the evening when I'm too exhausted to even set the table.post #8 of 32811/1/12 at 7:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by IronMam
I've made a few meals...mostly Crock Pot recipes (I love slow cookers so much, I have three)! If anybody needs some good crock-pot recipes, lemme know. It's especially helpful during pregnancy to be able to toss stuff in there in the morning before all my energy is gone, but still have a delicious meal in the evening when I'm too exhausted to even set the table.
I would *love* some crock pot recipes! (Even though I don't have a meal-size crock pot at the moment. I've put DF on awares that we *will* be getting one this weekend. We got our quarterly bonus at work, I gotta do something nice for myself, right? )post #9 of 32811/1/12 at 9:57pmpost #10 of 32811/1/12 at 10:02pmQuote:Originally Posted by bambihelton
Oh, I definitely need some good tried-and-true Crock Pot recipes. I'm another one that has become VERY lazy and I like to throw things in the slow cooker in the morning... roasts, potato soup, crock pot enchiladas... if it can be fixed in the crock pot, you bet yourself it will be!!
post #11 of 32811/1/12 at 10:57pm
I really have to plan meals out because we can't afford to order in and hubby was transferred 45 min away...he's often not home until almost 11pm. I will admit, I've been really struggling.
Well this week two people from our church have brought me meals just because they heard I was still sick. It just made me cry...I was so floored. I didn't ask and we haven't been able to make it to church much lately but they did it anyway and I was so blessed this week.post #12 of 32811/2/12 at 3:46am
I am feeling in a fog now too. And my sacrem started to hurt two days ago. My prenatal yoga class last night helped some tho.
I applied for a job (one that I held two years ago) in June. I was told at the end of August that the decision was going to be postponed to middle - end of October. And I still haven't heard anything. Being 17 weeks 3 days I already showing (I think the belly poped out around the 16 week). We haven't told our friends yet so not to affect the possibility of getting the job (its a really small professional community) and I am frustrated and starting to feel resentful that I cant share the news with our friends. Big sigh.post #13 of 32811/2/12 at 7:22amThread Starterpost #14 of 32811/2/12 at 8:56ampost #15 of 32811/2/12 at 12:44pmpost #16 of 32811/2/12 at 3:49pmpost #17 of 32811/2/12 at 3:51pm
I hear ya guys on being in a fog AND being tired. I really wouldn't mind just sitting on my arse all day and doodling around online...of coarse that can't happen but I really dont want to do anything. I have a pressing desire to get this house STRAIGHT soon. For various reasons...but I want to declutter and just trash everything. If we had the money we'd have a dumpster brought out and just trash stuff lol...I doubt we WILL do that...but that is what I'm wanting to do right now. I'm trying to get LESS going on in my house and my life...it's hard.
This week we had appt's EVERY day. Sunday we were in the ER for my dh...ends up he has an ulcer...monday we had to go to shriners for my sons appt, tuesday was a dentist appt, wednesday we had bible study, thurday my son had a swallow study appt (he passed!!!), and then today we had our homeschool coop. AH...next week I *think* we only have boyscouts on monday and an ULTRASOUND!!!! on Thursday. whew.post #18 of 32811/2/12 at 8:54pm
OMGosh...the fog. YES. It's actually been humiliating at times when I'm around other people. LOL
I've been sorta tired but mostly just lacking motivation. My kids have only done ONE day of school this week, and I've slacked on the rest. I'm hoping for a fresh start Monday. We need to get back in the game. We are also trying to bake some goodies for our "neighbors" (if you can call them that...we live in the boonies! LOL) so at least we can do some kitchen math!
We have a lot of really precious Mennonite neighbors here, and I've spent some time with our closest one sewing my eldest daughter a couple dresses. Well, she brought me a pattern and had made a dress for my younger daughter today! Adorable. And THEN, one of our other Mennonite neighbors had a yard sale/bake sale and I found a bunch of tiny baby girl dresses, all handmade of course!! I was THRILLED. They are adorable. I love their modest little dresses and my girls adore them (and love matching their friends) so I couldn't help but buy them ALL...lucky for me they were only $.10-.25!!!! I have no idea if we are having a girl or not, I kinda wonder if we are, but I figure I wouldn't come across an awesome opportunity like that again.
And best of all we brought home a tasty fresh pumpkin pie. LOLpost #19 of 32811/3/12 at 6:45am
The fog is overwhelming me lately. Not so much that it's bothering *me*, but that it's somewhat embarrassing. Like last night, I was starving, and DF wanted me to get Wendy's chicken sandwiches for him. I went to order some of the spicy chicken nuggets, and they said there'd be a wait, so I said I'd pass. I decided to go to Taco Bell, and ordered a mini chicken quesadilla. The guy said there was going to be a wait for the chicken to cook, so I said I'd pass. So what did I try and order in lieu of the chicken quesadilla? A chicken burrito. *facepalm* The guy was like, "Um... the chicken burrito... there's going to be a wait for chicken..." all slow. I was like, "I guess it would make sense there's chicken in the chicken burrito, wouldn't it?"post #20 of 32811/3/12 at 6:53am
I've been able to feel baby from the outside a few times in recent days, when I've been paying attention. TOTALLY blesses me. I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow, and I am so excited to be a few more weeks down the road when baby is rolling and kicking all over the place. Oh, and it'll be so fun when I can snuggle up next to DH and baby kicks the crap out of him. I've always thought that was hilarious. LOL
- June 2011 Ddc Roster
- › breast pain and essential oils 40 seconds ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 2 minutes ago
- › How much do you usually spend on a gift? 3 minutes ago
- › "Baby's gaze May Signal Autism, a Study Finds" 6 minutes ago
- › Garden of Wisdom 8 minutes ago
- › Do you do the whole Santa Claus thing? 8 minutes ago
- › help me advocate for my son to be accelerated for science (4th... 8 minutes ago
- › Piercing baby ears - okay or not? 9 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 10 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 10 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo