- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 11/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Cycle seems whacked. Last post on Today at 5:35 am in Trying To Conceive
- 9-10DPO AF Due on the 18th Last post on Yesterday at 12:00 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Light periods Last post on 3/11/14 at 11:00pm in Trying To Conceive
- Baby aspirin Last post on 3/12/14 at 12:04pm in Trying To Conceive
- DHEA? Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:09am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
November TWW Thread - Page 9post #161 of 17911/28/12 at 10:47ampost #162 of 17911/28/12 at 11:41amYay Porcelina!
And I'm sorry, Countrybound... is it bittersweet for you...?
AFM, I kept feeling yucky and really really thirsty the past few days, so I dug my BG meter out last night - 169 FOUR HOURS after dinner, and 109 fasting this morning...ugh...definitely, definitely points to pregnancy (bloodwork less than 2 months ago showed insulin and bloodsugars that couldn't have been more perfect). But GD/borderline GD at 4 weeks...come on!!!
BUT...I did some research after talking to a friend, and realized that this could be why I had lost these last 4 babies! The last time I kept a baby was when I was on metformin (for PCOS, not anything existing diabetes related), and as soon as endocrinologist pulled me off it, I almost lost the twins. Still lost one anyway, but at least I had one!post #163 of 17911/28/12 at 3:16pmpost #164 of 17911/28/12 at 10:06pmpost #165 of 17911/29/12 at 6:31ampost #166 of 17911/29/12 at 9:04ampost #167 of 17911/29/12 at 10:17amBloodwork went well. I didn't have an appt with the dr, so I wasn't expecting to see him at all, but he waited to speak to me until I came out if the bathroom (lol), so I ran all the slood sugar stuff by him. He's taking it very seriously, and would have done a fasting sugar this morning, but I had already eaten. He said he wants 2 fastings within the next week...
So now to live on pins and needles until I get the blood work results...
MamaMash, when will you test again??
Welcome, Serenyd!post #168 of 17911/29/12 at 10:41am
Joyfammama- Hope you get some answers! Also no it is not bittersweet for me. I really am ok with not being pregnant this month, actually very relieved. I really don't want to screw up Christmas and my DS 7th Birthday New Years Day. I hate the fact that I have such horrible hyperemesis with every pregnancy (and no, not every pregnancy is different for me. I've been pregnant 5 times and all is the same). I can't think of anything going on towards the last of January (except school) that I have to deal with so we'll see. Another thing is that I didn't want our pregnancy something that was forced onto us. I want both my DH and I to be 100% sure that this is what we both want before doing so as I'd hate for any resentment to be there. We have a wonderful marriage and I'd like to keep it that way lol. Having kiddos is stressful, especially with our lives because we are both very social people and like our freedom. He hunts and fishes and I go to dance clubs with my girlfriends and out to Sunday brunches. So we have to take all of this into consideration before deciding on another baby. I'm also in school to become an RN and when I go back to work it's more $$ for daycare.... but I refuse to have another baby far apart in age, if we're gonna do it, we're gonna do it within the next 4 months, or he's getting snipped. I'm thinking our baby Jagger is the last.
post #169 of 17911/29/12 at 1:29pmI hope you get some solid answers JoyfamMama and I can't wait to hear what your blood results are!
I totally get where you're coming from countrybound. You have to do what's best for your family!
AFM I won't test again unless I haven't started by Monday. That's a week from the BFN. I keep feeling like I'm going to start. But haven't yet. I've been getting the cramps and aches on and off for a week. But no AF yet. Still trying not to get my hopes up....post #170 of 17911/29/12 at 6:24pmpost #171 of 17911/29/12 at 7:47pmpost #172 of 17911/30/12 at 3:32am
Howdy, everybody. Just catching up on the thread ... today is my DSS' 7th birthday, so it's officially that weird time of year (for 6 weeks) when both the boys are the same age. We're home to 2 seven year olds! Hah! He's the youngest in his class (6 years old and in 2nd grade, WTH lol) while DS is somewhere in the middle ground for age in the same grade.post #173 of 17911/30/12 at 9:37ampost #174 of 17911/30/12 at 9:58am
Hi everyone - sorry I have been absent all week. I got a surprise BFP on Monday morning!!! Still do not feel pregnant at all, other than being extra tired. I have had horrible horrible pre-natal depression with number 2 and number 3 and I am just hoping and praying that it does not set in with this one. And hoping it sticks!!
Congrats Porcelina!post #175 of 17911/30/12 at 10:54ampost #176 of 17911/30/12 at 11:38amThread Starter
Congratulations to all the BFP's!
The new thread is up for December.post #177 of 17911/30/12 at 12:38pmpost #178 of 17912/1/12 at 8:56am
mamamash- So sorry to hear that AF found you. Better luck this cycle!
mirpmama- congrats on your BFP and hope the depression stays away while the baby sticks!!!
knittermama- thats so cool that they're in the same grade! How fun, but I'm sure it was tough at the beginning.
AFM- I'm lurking around. Still on AF, still haven't decided on how to handle this month lol. I may go ahead and chart anyway, this way I can tell for sure when I'm about to O so we can either avoid or go with it.
Surgery for my 7 month old baby Jagger is on Monday, we had preop yesterday and labs drawn. So happy to finally put this behind us. Staying indoors all weekend so he doesn't get sick, plus it's nasty weather so we'll just lay around and be lazy and get some homework done.
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › met midwife last night, had interesting info about pitocin 2 minutes ago
- › how to part with sentimental items 3 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 6 minutes ago
- › Manhattan/Fort Riley Mamas? 6 minutes ago
- › Advice for PT Conference 8 minutes ago
- › Looking for a midwife for homebirth near Jonestown Pennsylvania 9 minutes ago
- › Does anyone still hang out here? 10 minutes ago
- › Any Moms in Whitman County/ Pullman Area? 12 minutes ago
- › Possibly relocating to San Jose, California 12 minutes ago
- › Wanting But Waiting 2014 12 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild