I'd like a thread where VBAC moms can support each other. I know I could use it!
This will be my 4th VBAC attempt. That in itself is amazing considering I live in an area where even VBA2C is practically unheard of. It's a shame! I'm nervous about my first appointment with my OB on Tuesday. I really hope he's willing to take the postion he did last time of not scheduling a RCS and being willing to support me in a TOL at the hospital. I searched high and low through 2 pregnancies for an OB like this. I found OBs who believed VBAMC was better than RCS, but none other than this guy who would actually take a patient in this category!
I ended up with a RCS last time only because I broke 1-3 ribs due to bronchitis and even breathing was excruciating. It was done at 39w+5d. The earliest any of my babies was born and she was 10lb 11oz.
I'm toying with the idea of seeing if I can find "underground" homebirth midwife support. I think I stand a better chance of sucecss at home. (I'll keep the OB in case of a transfer.) I'm only a little scared because of all the crap "they" fill your head with. I don't believe it, but it still wears on me a little. I will really have to work on mydeep down inner fears through this pregnancy. I want to start using Hypnobabies as soon as possible.
A brief history of prior births:
1st: Planned homebirth with alternative minded MD in attendance (their practice specialized in this!) My water broke 2 days after EDD. No real labor. After 24 hours checked into hospital for pitocin induction. Dilated to 6cm and ended in CS for FTP. I trusted my MDs who specialize in HB, but realized afterward I never should have let them check me or indece me just because my water broke. Baby boy 9lb 6oz
2nd: Planned HB with same providers. Water broke 2 days after EDD. Labor started quickly and intensely. Contractions were 2 min apart within 2 hours time and doctor at the house diagnosed pre-E. We transfered to a hospital (2 hour drive in construction!) They gave me the choice of an epidural or Magnesium sulfate (?) to reduce my blood pressure. Since family members have had a terrible burning reaction to the Magnesium before, I chose the epidural. What a relief but then I sat in bed and 24 hours later and dilated to 6cm I had another RCS for FTP. I don't think there is anything I could have done differently this time except let the epidural wear off and walk around and wait longer. Baby boy 10lb 3oz
3rd: The MDs I used previously could not take VBA2C patients. I found an "underground" midwife. I searched high and low for an OB to do concurrent care, but could find none in a 2 hour radius. I loved the mother-centered, non invasive prenatal care. I did have one ultrasound to locate the placenta. At 41w + 3d my midwife did not feel comfortable supporting me any longer. Because of the birthing climate where I live she copied my records removing any info that could identify her and changed my EDD to one week earlier. She accompanied me to the hospital as my "sister." I simply walked in cold and asked for a RCS since I had no support. A frightening experience, though it mostly turned out alright. This is why I will not hire only a midwife without being under an OB's care too. Baby girl 10lb 6oz
Sorry so long! I'd love to know about others experiences and plans for this birth. I hope it will be a good place to voice concerns/ fears/ struggles and find good resources and support!