My mom. I would cook with her or try cooking things on my own when she worked late.
- categoryNutrition Good Eatingtagged by System, 11/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Beans + tomatoes (acid) - yes or no? Last post on Today at 9:23 am in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Just try out marble chocolate bread Last post on Today at 12:32 am in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Holiday Cookies 2013! Last post on 11/28/13 at 8:01pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Thankful to be a farmer Last post on 11/28/13 at 2:45pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- so confused about supplements! Last post on 12/2/13 at 2:25pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
Guest Blogger Patty James on Eating the Rainbow
Last edited: 3/15/13
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in AmericaLast edited: 3/13/13
- La petit gourmandLast edited: 3/6/13
- Feeding Your Children Part V: Practical TipsLast edited: 2/27/13
- Eat Your Brussels SproutsLast edited: 3/7/13
how did you learn how to cook? - Page 2post #21 of 2211/10/12 at 6:33pmpost #22 of 2211/11/12 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by meemee
share with me your stories.
did you grow up with cooking, or is it something you learnt later on?
is cooking important to you (apart from nutritious meals) or is it something you do because you have to? do you enjoy cooking?
what kind of a cook are you? one who prefers a recipe or not.
if i didnt know how to cook, and i came to you for advice what piece of advice would you give me.
what are some basic information a cook just has to know?
which website, blog, book would you send a newbie for guidance?
My MIL taught me how to cook. I'm sad it wasn't my mom.
I didn't cook when I grew up, my mom used to do everything for us, our only job was to do well in school.
A Master's degree and half a PhD later, I still wasn't able to fry an egg properly.
Cooking is very important to me, I must do it, and I enjoy doing it when I don't have a kid or two clinging to me for attention.
Home-cooked food tastes differently. I don't care much about it being "nutritious".
There are small things that you can't find in a recipe that you must know, and if no one shares them with you, your food looks / tastes like crap.
My first cooking lesson: heat oil in the pan before you make French fries.
My last cooking lesson (still from MIL): with fish sauces, make the sauce, then place the fish in the pot. You won't be able to season and stir properly once the fish is in.
Basic info: you can make a yummy stew with 1 vegetable (such as peas or beans or potatoes),1 onion, 3 tbs of tomato paste, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in America
- › What's Happening Today? 4 minutes ago
- › Welcome! Introduce yourself! 7 minutes ago
- › 2013 in 2013 7 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 8 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 8 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 15 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 17 minutes ago
- › 2 year old - Obsessed with Books, but something changed... 18 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 20 minutes ago
- › What should the exterior of the vagina look like after childbirth? 21 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo