My mom. I would cook with her or try cooking things on my own when she worked late.
- categoryNutrition Good Eatingtagged by System, 11/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- Your favorite meatless meal ideas for a non-vegetarian with allergies Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:59am in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Breastmilk and kefir Last post on 3/10/14 at 6:33pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Newbie crockpot question Last post on 3/11/14 at 2:12pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Easy-to-remove canning labels? Last post on 3/10/14 at 12:17am in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Indigo New Mama and Her Indigo Baby and Husband Seeking Kindred Spirit Friends Last post on 3/5/14 at 6:44pm in Washington, Oregon, Idaho
Guest Blogger Patty James on Eating the Rainbow
Last edited: 3/15/13
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in AmericaLast edited: 3/13/13
- La petit gourmandLast edited: 3/6/13
- Feeding Your Children Part V: Practical TipsLast edited: 2/27/13
- Eat Your Brussels SproutsLast edited: 3/7/13
how did you learn how to cook? - Page 2post #21 of 2211/10/12 at 6:33pmpost #22 of 2211/11/12 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by meemee
share with me your stories.
did you grow up with cooking, or is it something you learnt later on?
is cooking important to you (apart from nutritious meals) or is it something you do because you have to? do you enjoy cooking?
what kind of a cook are you? one who prefers a recipe or not.
if i didnt know how to cook, and i came to you for advice what piece of advice would you give me.
what are some basic information a cook just has to know?
which website, blog, book would you send a newbie for guidance?
My MIL taught me how to cook. I'm sad it wasn't my mom.
I didn't cook when I grew up, my mom used to do everything for us, our only job was to do well in school.
A Master's degree and half a PhD later, I still wasn't able to fry an egg properly.
Cooking is very important to me, I must do it, and I enjoy doing it when I don't have a kid or two clinging to me for attention.
Home-cooked food tastes differently. I don't care much about it being "nutritious".
There are small things that you can't find in a recipe that you must know, and if no one shares them with you, your food looks / tastes like crap.
My first cooking lesson: heat oil in the pan before you make French fries.
My last cooking lesson (still from MIL): with fish sauces, make the sauce, then place the fish in the pot. You won't be able to season and stir properly once the fish is in.
Basic info: you can make a yummy stew with 1 vegetable (such as peas or beans or potatoes),1 onion, 3 tbs of tomato paste, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in America
- › Getting home from work (balancing unwinding and spending time w kids) 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone else feeling sick? 6 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 8 minutes ago
- › Returning. 9 minutes ago
- › October 2014 Roll Call 12 minutes ago
- › upsetting appointment 15 minutes ago
- › 1983 to Present Day Vaccine Schedule....um, why aren't we regularly... 26 minutes ago
- › unsupportive dr, not sure where to go from here. 27 minutes ago
- › Anyone else HATING sex right now? 29 minutes ago
- › A venerable who's who of vaccine skepticism….. 30 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild