My mom. I would cook with her or try cooking things on my own when she worked late.
- categoryNutrition Good Eatingtagged by System, 11/4/12
Related Forum Threads
- SCD forum? Last post on Yesterday at 11:53 pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- World Cup Chilli Last post on Yesterday at 7:17 pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- where do you get good prices for nuts Last post on Yesterday at 7:23 pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Teach me about paleo!!!! Last post on 4/11/14 at 4:51pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Need parents of 1-10 year olds for uni project (parental feeding practices) - Win Vouchers Last post on 4/6/14 at 8:54pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
Guest Blogger Patty James on Eating the Rainbow
Last edited: 3/15/13
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in AmericaLast edited: 3/13/13
- La petit gourmandLast edited: 3/6/13
- Feeding Your Children Part V: Practical TipsLast edited: 2/27/13
- Eat Your Brussels SproutsLast edited: 3/7/13
how did you learn how to cook? - Page 2post #21 of 2211/10/12 at 6:33pmpost #22 of 2211/11/12 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by meemee
share with me your stories.
did you grow up with cooking, or is it something you learnt later on?
is cooking important to you (apart from nutritious meals) or is it something you do because you have to? do you enjoy cooking?
what kind of a cook are you? one who prefers a recipe or not.
if i didnt know how to cook, and i came to you for advice what piece of advice would you give me.
what are some basic information a cook just has to know?
which website, blog, book would you send a newbie for guidance?
My MIL taught me how to cook. I'm sad it wasn't my mom.
I didn't cook when I grew up, my mom used to do everything for us, our only job was to do well in school.
A Master's degree and half a PhD later, I still wasn't able to fry an egg properly.
Cooking is very important to me, I must do it, and I enjoy doing it when I don't have a kid or two clinging to me for attention.
Home-cooked food tastes differently. I don't care much about it being "nutritious".
There are small things that you can't find in a recipe that you must know, and if no one shares them with you, your food looks / tastes like crap.
My first cooking lesson: heat oil in the pan before you make French fries.
My last cooking lesson (still from MIL): with fish sauces, make the sauce, then place the fish in the pot. You won't be able to season and stir properly once the fish is in.
Basic info: you can make a yummy stew with 1 vegetable (such as peas or beans or potatoes),1 onion, 3 tbs of tomato paste, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in America
- › Moving to Cherry Hill, NJ - Need Recommendations for Midwife /... 11 seconds ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 27 seconds ago
- › When can I expect my fertility back? 3 minutes ago
- › ~* November 2014 Roll Call *~ 4 minutes ago
- › Child who gets hives with every illness 5 minutes ago
- › Queer, Pregnant, and Parenting in April, May, June, July 6 minutes ago
- › names, names and more names... 9 minutes ago
- › Hospital Interventions - High Blood Pressure Induction? 19 minutes ago
- › Nomadic, Boho, Vegan, Witchy Mama of 2 & TTC 23 minutes ago
- › 48 Hour Beta results 28 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool