My mom. I would cook with her or try cooking things on my own when she worked late.
- categoryNutrition Good Eating
Related Forum Threads
- Raw milk a low risk food Last post on Yesterday at 1:27 pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- need to vent Last post on 6/15/13 at 8:24pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Vitamin D while breastfeeding. Last post on 6/7/13 at 1:45pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
- goat meat recipes Last post on 6/6/13 at 3:11am in Nutrition and Good Eating
- Paleo Pancakes? Last post on 5/29/13 at 12:32pm in Nutrition and Good Eating
Guest Blogger Patty James on Eating the Rainbow
Edited on 3/15/13
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in AmericaEdited on 3/13/13
- La petit gourmandEdited on 3/6/13
- Feeding Your Children Part V: Practical TipsEdited on 2/27/13
- Eat Your Brussels SproutsEdited on 3/7/13
how did you learn how to cook? - Page 2post #21 of 2211/10/12 at 6:33pmSponsored Linkspost #22 of 2211/11/12 at 7:58amQuote:Originally Posted by meemee
share with me your stories.
did you grow up with cooking, or is it something you learnt later on?
is cooking important to you (apart from nutritious meals) or is it something you do because you have to? do you enjoy cooking?
what kind of a cook are you? one who prefers a recipe or not.
if i didnt know how to cook, and i came to you for advice what piece of advice would you give me.
what are some basic information a cook just has to know?
which website, blog, book would you send a newbie for guidance?
My MIL taught me how to cook. I'm sad it wasn't my mom.
I didn't cook when I grew up, my mom used to do everything for us, our only job was to do well in school.
A Master's degree and half a PhD later, I still wasn't able to fry an egg properly.
Cooking is very important to me, I must do it, and I enjoy doing it when I don't have a kid or two clinging to me for attention.
Home-cooked food tastes differently. I don't care much about it being "nutritious".
There are small things that you can't find in a recipe that you must know, and if no one shares them with you, your food looks / tastes like crap.
My first cooking lesson: heat oil in the pan before you make French fries.
My last cooking lesson (still from MIL): with fish sauces, make the sauce, then place the fish in the pot. You won't be able to season and stir properly once the fish is in.
Basic info: you can make a yummy stew with 1 vegetable (such as peas or beans or potatoes),1 onion, 3 tbs of tomato paste, salt, pepper and paprika.
- Obese Parents, Obese Children = A Big Fat Problem in America
- › June chat thread 3 minutes ago
- › Freezer Meals 6 minutes ago
- › Taking the Scenic Route to a BFP - Sping/Summer 2013 8 minutes ago
- › So no more "the case against...." 14 minutes ago
- › If Vaccines are So Safe, why did Congress Give them Immunity? 16 minutes ago
- › The epic Yeast/BV/GBS/Candida Vagina thread 18 minutes ago
- › What are "dealbreakers" when it comes to your kids' friends' home... 18 minutes ago
- › Show off your baby! 22 minutes ago
- › ~Expecting a Rainbow June 2013~ 28 minutes ago
- › (tmi) Spotting with pooping? 30 minutes ago
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama