or Connect
Mothering › Groups › May 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Weekly Chat Thread - Nov. 8-14

Weekly Chat Thread - Nov. 8-14 - Page 3

post #41 of 72
Delayed on the way home too, bleh. Oh well, should still make it back before dd goes to bed.
post #42 of 72

Bummer, Katie! Hope it's not too long!

 

So...playroom. Don't have one now, had one in our last house that we lived in for just under a year, it had an extra room and DD had lots of toys, so it worked. But otherwise, we've never had space for one. We actually have plenty of space now, but DD isn't as heavy on toys as she used to be, and I purposely never unpacked a bunch that she was starting to grow out of when we moved back in April. We'll see how it works out for the little one, his/her room is a pretty good size, so will probably be the toy space on the upper floor and then I think we'll designate a space in the family room downstairs.

 

Thanksgiving...I just love the food and am very much looking forward to it! Although I am struggling with where to go. I have been doing Thanksgiving with a group of friends for many years now (10+) and while they are like my family, we aren't as close as we used to be and DH doesn't really feel connected to them (we've been together for 2.5 yrs). In addition, we need to drive a bit to get there (have I mentioned that I commute a hour each way for work 3 days a week? That's enough driving, thanks.). We have another invitation locally from one of DH's co-workers who we are friends with that I am leaning more toward this year (and they are pg too). But its kind of an emotional decision for me, although I feel a bit more resolved on it every day. I moved to a new town to be with DH 1.5 yrs ago and haven't really made a lot of friends here and am really now itching to make better connections closer to home. My "old" friends are all an hour+ away and while we go way back, they have the history of being friends with my ex (which has its own set of discomforts) and we just don't really talk or see each other much at all anymore and therefore interactions are more superficial. So I am feeling like I need more of a fresh start even though I will feel bad blowing off my old friends. I think my hormones are all wrapped up in this too, so thanks for letting me get it out.

 

Today DD and I are home sick. Well, I work a half day, but am still in my robe. She's had a sore throat for days and this morning woke up barely able to speak, so I figured that was a cue. I have felt a little sore in my throat since yesterday, so figure its a good time for me to just chill with her since I can. I've also made it to November without taking any sick time this year, so I figure I should use the benefit before it runs out in Dec.

 

Hope everyone has a lovely day!

post #43 of 72

eeek its freeeeeeezing.. it was christmas lights turn on tonight and i meant to go but i forgot.. damn brain!! im silly forgetful atm, how rubbish, anyway it will be nice to see the lights up :) hope your all undelayed from your travellings soon :)
 

post #44 of 72
Had my appointment with the MFM OB today, had a long U/S where they confirmed right away they are di/di, two sacs with a nice solid membrane apparently and definitely two placentas, they barely glanced at the screen to verify that and they are basically on opposite sides of the uterus. Baby A is on the bottom half of my uterus, Baby B on top, both transverse right now and both kicking and moving their arms a lot, so cute! I definitely felt some of the movement I saw, so I'm confident on that now. And I couldn't believe how high on my belly she was putting the U/S probe for Baby B. I knew my uterus was that high, but wow, she was right inline with my belly button for that baby and I am only 13 weeks on Friday! Got a few more pictures I will scan in and share, probably not until Friday. But yeah, everything looks great and their sizes are only 1 day apart, so basically they are the same size which is good. Baby A had a 163 HB, Baby B was 144, both steady and strong. Both were moving, but Baby A was definitely more feisty smile.gif

Anyway, gotta finish up some work and then I get to travel to Atlanta tomorrow for another work trip, hopefully less/no delays on this one! I did get through 1 and a half twin books with all my airport and plane time yesterday, so at least it wasn't a total waste smile.gif
post #45 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinalla View Post

Had my appointment with the MFM OB today, had a long U/S where they confirmed right away they are di/di, two sacs with a nice solid membrane apparently and definitely two placentas, they barely glanced at the screen to verify that and they are basically on opposite sides of the uterus. Baby A is on the bottom half of my uterus, Baby B on top, both transverse right now and both kicking and moving their arms a lot, so cute! I definitely felt some of the movement I saw, so I'm confident on that now. And I couldn't believe how high on my belly she was putting the U/S probe for Baby B. I knew my uterus was that high, but wow, she was right inline with my belly button for that baby and I am only 13 weeks on Friday! Got a few more pictures I will scan in and share, probably not until Friday. But yeah, everything looks great and their sizes are only 1 day apart, so basically they are the same size which is good. Baby A had a 163 HB, Baby B was 144, both steady and strong. Both were moving, but Baby A was definitely more feisty smile.gif
Anyway, gotta finish up some work and then I get to travel to Atlanta tomorrow for another work trip, hopefully less/no delays on this one! I did get through 1 and a half twin books with all my airport and plane time yesterday, so at least it wasn't a total waste smile.gif

Yay!  Great news Katie!  Oh, and I love Atlanta. My mom owns a retail business and I've travelled down there with her many times to go to the big buying shows at America's Mart.  Is it another one day turn around, or do you get a chance to explore and enjoy some yummy food?  (I swear that if I lived in the southern US I would weigh 600lbs.  The food is so friggin good!)  That's the problem with business travel, it's not like you usually get to explore or enjoy any sights or restaurants. 

 

Time, I love it when the lights go up!  We back onto a city owned golf course, and the Lions or Kinsmen (can't remember which) put up a beautiful light display there every year.  I love looking at it out my back window and going for walks through the lights with DS and DH and some hot chocolate.  It's always so sad when they are turned off for another year in January.

 

Sheryl, I hope you and DD are feeling better today!  Thanksgiving...my 2 cents but it sounds like you want to stay close to home and make an effort to connect with some new friends.  Seems like a perfect opportunity to do so and a great chance to have a mommy network before the new bub arrives.

 

Travel day for me today, up in the frozen north.  The drive out to our plant from town today was rather sketchy, with ice and wind and snow.  I am hoping the roads will be better on the drive back to the airport.  Thankfully it seems to have cleared up and is no longer snowing, and if the wind dies down I won't have to deal with blowing snow.  I think (knock on wood) my flight home should be on time! 

post #46 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinalla View Post

Had my appointment with the MFM OB today, had a long U/S where they confirmed right away they are di/di, two sacs with a nice solid membrane apparently and definitely two placentas, they barely glanced at the screen to verify that and they are basically on opposite sides of the uterus. Baby A is on the bottom half of my uterus, Baby B on top, both transverse right now and both kicking and moving their arms a lot, so cute! I definitely felt some of the movement I saw, so I'm confident on that now. And I couldn't believe how high on my belly she was putting the U/S probe for Baby B. I knew my uterus was that high, but wow, she was right inline with my belly button for that baby and I am only 13 weeks on Friday! Got a few more pictures I will scan in and share, probably not until Friday. But yeah, everything looks great and their sizes are only 1 day apart, so basically they are the same size which is good. Baby A had a 163 HB, Baby B was 144, both steady and strong. Both were moving, but Baby A was definitely more feisty smile.gif

Anyway, gotta finish up some work and then I get to travel to Atlanta tomorrow for another work trip, hopefully less/no delays on this one! I did get through 1 and a half twin books with all my airport and plane time yesterday, so at least it wasn't a total waste smile.gif


Yay for good U/S and yay for di di! I wonder if you will have boy/girl twins with those heartbeats...hmmm....I hope the top baby doesn't give you heartburn in your last tri since s/he is that high.

 

Also, Booooooo to the Atlanta airport! Too big for my preference.

 

 

 

**Anybody having difficulty with their back yet? The small amount of lifting I do with DD to get her in and out of her car seat and into her booster seat at the table is KILLING my back. I have a massage and chiro appt on Monday, and I actually might get to make it. I already have a baby sitter!

post #47 of 72

Hey, quick question for anyone who wants to chime in. I love taking baths and finally got around to taking a nice long one tonight. But, I couldn't quite enjoy it because I was afraid to get the water hotter than it was supposed to be, and I ended up just being a little chilly the whole time.

 

From what I found online, body temperature or a little bit higher is ok, but I have basically no idea how to judge that. Does anyone have tips (or if you have a baby bath thermometer, can maybe describe what 99-100F feels like)?

 

Alternatively, has anyone asked a care provider about this and gotten a more relaxed answer? I did wonder if this is one of those things that doesn't really need to be proscribed in pregnancy except stay away from extremes.

 

cold.gif

post #48 of 72
Marie- I think you need to find a happy medium between a hot bath and a long bath. I've done longer slightly cool baths, but definitely prefer short warmer baths. I figure if I'm only in the water a few minutes, then my temp can't rise too quickly. I haven't yet taken my BBT thermometer into the bathtub with me, but it might be a fun experiment to see how quickly my temp rises so I know how long I can stay in there!

Just had a thought- when setting up an aquarium I once used my digital meat thermometer to make sure the water was the right temperature for the fish. I bet you could do the same thing for your bath water, if you want it to be a certain temp. Use your cooking thermometer!
post #49 of 72

oh yay that the twins are healthy and seperate thats wonderful :)

 

lights are so magical.. maybe a trip into bath tommorrow (today now) could be nice, i think the christmas market is there too now and i always love  it there, promised my neice a doubley awesome christmas present as i didnt see her on her bday!!

as for bad backs and baths, definately got the bad back, and my left hip is almost permenantly dislocated/subluxed... However i havent had a bath in a long time, but i use a lot of hot water bottles and was wondering the same thing if i mite be getting my tummy too hot..

Also with the baby developing hearing this week.. what is safe.. in terms of sound.. and is there a way to protect baby a bit from excess sound? i went to a mini fest the other day and kept my jumper and my bag wrapped right in front of my belly lol..i keep getting uber over protective/paranoid over my bump lately :P

 

and wooooop.. im 15 weeeks.. how on earth am i 15 weeks.. i want to start looking pregnant now.. anyone here not really showing still? im so excited tho.. i just want a big round belly to cuddle i think!!
 

post #50 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieWalter View Post

Hey, quick question for anyone who wants to chime in. I love taking baths and finally got around to taking a nice long one tonight. But, I couldn't quite enjoy it because I was afraid to get the water hotter than it was supposed to be, and I ended up just being a little chilly the whole time.

 

From what I found online, body temperature or a little bit higher is ok, but I have basically no idea how to judge that. Does anyone have tips (or if you have a baby bath thermometer, can maybe describe what 99-100F feels like)?

 

Alternatively, has anyone asked a care provider about this and gotten a more relaxed answer? I did wonder if this is one of those things that doesn't really need to be proscribed in pregnancy except stay away from extremes.

 

cold.gif

I always heard they don't want your temp to rise above 100.9 but that's about a much as I know. I wanted to take a warm/hot epsom salt bath lastnite but I didn't know if I was allowed and then I realized we didn't have epsom salt either, so.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by timesway View Post

oh yay that the twins are healthy and seperate thats wonderful :)

 

lights are so magical.. maybe a trip into bath tommorrow (today now) could be nice, i think the christmas market is there too now and i always love  it there, promised my neice a doubley awesome christmas present as i didnt see her on her bday!!

as for bad backs and baths, definately got the bad back, and my left hip is almost permenantly dislocated/subluxed... However i havent had a bath in a long time, but i use a lot of hot water bottles and was wondering the same thing if i mite be getting my tummy too hot..

Also with the baby developing hearing this week.. what is safe.. in terms of sound.. and is there a way to protect baby a bit from excess sound? i went to a mini fest the other day and kept my jumper and my bag wrapped right in front of my belly lol..i keep getting uber over protective/paranoid over my bump lately :P

 

and wooooop.. im 15 weeeks.. how on earth am i 15 weeks.. i want to start looking pregnant now.. anyone here not really showing still? im so excited tho.. i just want a big round belly to cuddle i think!!
 

Timesway - When I was pregnant with DD we went to a truck and tractor pull, a car derby, and a motocross event, at all different times in my pregnancy. It never seemed to make a difference in her hearing but she really likes things that go "vvvvrrrrrooommm!!"

 

 

**Today I get to go shopping child and husband free!!! DH is actually going to be home all day! It's a frickin miracle! Normally he says he will be home a certain day but then that day comes and he suddenly has a list of things he needs to do for work that keep him out and about from 10-3.

post #51 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwilightJoy View Post

Marie- I think you need to find a happy medium between a hot bath and a long bath. I've done longer slightly cool baths, but definitely prefer short warmer baths. I figure if I'm only in the water a few minutes, then my temp can't rise too quickly. I haven't yet taken my BBT thermometer into the bathtub with me, but it might be a fun experiment to see how quickly my temp rises so I know how long I can stay in there!
Just had a thought- when setting up an aquarium I once used my digital meat thermometer to make sure the water was the right temperature for the fish. I bet you could do the same thing for your bath water, if you want it to be a certain temp. Use your cooking thermometer!

 

Oh, that's smart - I didn't think about that I do have a BBT thermometer I could use.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by timesway View Post


as for bad backs and baths, definately got the bad back, and my left hip is almost permenantly dislocated/subluxed... However i havent had a bath in a long time, but i use a lot of hot water bottles and was wondering the same thing if i mite be getting my tummy too hot..

 

 

Times, my understanding is you wouldn't have to worry about that, just like hot showers aren't a problem - rather, it's the fact that in a hot tub, bath, jacuzzi etc your body can't regulate its overall temperature as easily since you're completely immersed.

 

That said, hot water bottles actually sound awesome - the bedroom in our sublet is always freezing!

post #52 of 72

Katie, That's great that the twins are looking good!  How fun to know what you are feeling is movement too!

 

Marie, I would probably also go with a warmer but shorter bath.  That's just usually my preference though because I get bored after a couple minutes and our tub is small. orngtongue.gif

 

Nstewart, I hope your travel goes well!  I don't love driving in the snow so I hope the roads clear for you!

 

Bailey,  Hooray for shopping alone!  What a treat!  I hope the chiro and massage help your back!  Your hip being off probably make your back more prone to going out, huh?  I find yoga helps a lot in keeping me aligned and helps the muscles too.

 

Ugh, so family visit I thought was going fairly well/ normal...eeeh.  Not so much.  My dad took DH out to breakfast on Tuesday to tell him that everyone thinks I'm the devil and we're horrible parents.  (slightly exaggerating, maybe)  Somethings i think my dad blew way out of proportion and somethings were just not true.  I wrote a blog a post a year ago that was intended to encourage people to not always be harsh with there kids and sometimes take a step back and think about how we can help.  Apparently some people felt like i was saying they shouldn't discipline their kids and if you don't parent like me I think you are wrong.  (Ok, in fairness I do sometimes think they are wrong but it's their family choice and I get that.)   Sort of ironic since it's ok for them to all say that we are doing it wrong.  They are VERY concerned about this AP thing.  Also sort of lame because under the AP umbrella we are on the outside, still getting rained on a bit probably.  But they think our kids don't respect us.   My parents had somehow interpreted something my SIL-J said to as: I read something Becky posted on facebook that said she thinks she was raised in an abusive household.   Uh, first of all not, true.  Second, they didn't bother to check it out.  Third, when I asked my SIL-J (who barely uses FB) she said she didn't remember ever reading or saying anything like that. They've been hurt for however long they thought I said that for no good reason.  My dad also said that people were afraid to come to me because they thought I would tear them apart.  Um, I will be the very first person to admit that i can be sassy or snippy (which is not ok either and I need to work on that) but it's not like I am yelling at people or saying horrible things. I also did not get that impression from either of my SILs when i spoke to them to apologize for any hurt feelings.  So I think he blew that way out of proportion.   I guess I also said something disrespectful to my mom on FB like a year ago (which nobody can remember what it was.  Not really helpful. If I need to change what i am doing I kind of need to know what I did.I have no idea what it was.  My mom does say weird things sometimes so I may have.)  I guess some people commented about it being rude to my SIL-S.  In reality it was 2 or 3 people and my dad made it sounds there were all these people coming to my SIL because they were flabbergasted that I could be SO rude to my mom.  (I'm not saying it's ok to be rude but I don't know what i did and nobody can tell me, sooo.)  There was also a lot of misunderstandings about a period of time when my DD and niece were fighting a lot.  My SIL-S felt like I wasn't addressing it with DD and I was blaming my niece.  Not the case.  So we talked about that a lot and hopefully we are all good now.  Sigh.  Sorry for the dump.  I feel like I am have talked to people and apologized and done my best.  I get that conflict and confrontation are never fun but if nobody tells me I am doing something that is offending them I can't change it or apologize.  So i am left feeling like I have been hurting people, making people mad, had people talking about me behind my back for who knows how long.  I've tried to talk things out and make things right but I still feel like I am scared to be around people.  I feel like I am just a horribly offensive person and I should probably just hide and not talk, post of facebook, blog or have opinions anymore.  Lesson learned.  I will be VERY selective about what I post anywhere.  Blegh.  Sorry, that was long. 

post #53 of 72

CB - Big, huge hug2.gifto you!  I agree, how can you know what you've done if no one tells you??  Very passive agressive.  I had a similar situation with one BIL/SIL this year, and I still feel gross when I think about it.  It was over my MIL/FIL's wedding anniversary.  It was a big milestone one this year.  At a wedding this summer, my SILs and I started talking about it and I said something along the lines of "Well, you know that if we want something to happen we'll probably have to do the planning because you know the boys won't do it!"  SIL-S said to me the next day that her DH was actually a pretty good planner and that it probably wasn't a fair statement.  I acknowledged she was right, and that it wasn't fair to paint them all with the same brush.  My DH is a terrible planner, and hates doing it and gets stressed so I always do all the planning but consult him.  End of story with SIL-S and her DH.  No issues.  Other SIL-T (who loves drama and can be a total bi-atch) apprerantly told my other BIL-S that I was dissing him and his brothers, blah, blah, blah (not my intention, obviously)  Anyway, neither of them say anything to me about it.  So, some months go by and I start trying to get everyone organized to plan something for the anniversary.  BIL-S is being very rude to me, etc. stating that only he and his brothers should be handling it, etc (but not doing anything to help).  Long story short, I finally wrote an email saying WTH is with the additude, I am a part of the family (I've been with my DH since I was 16), etc. etc.  We finally sorted it out when I found out why he was behaving the way he was, and I apologized and explained the DH thing, that it was unfair, but that I didn't know I'd hurt him as he never said anything.  I partly blame me (for not thinking before I talk, a bad habit I need to work on), I partly blame SIL-T (because I know very well how the vindictive drama queen would have made it sound), and I partly blame BIL-S for being passive agressive.  While it's sorted I don't feel like we've "healed" things and it sucks, so I hope we do maybe over the holidays.  We are also just such different people from them, like it sounds like you are with some of your family members CB.  But I was really hurt because BIL has known me since I was a kid and knows that I am not the kind of person who would be mean or hateful about people.  Quite the opposite.  I do hope it all gets sorted with your family CB.  While we have to be careful of others feelings, I also don't feel we should have to censor ourselves all the time and walk on egg shells.

 

The roads were better on the drive home and I made it home on time to put DS to bed!

post #54 of 72

Hi everyone!  Not much to report here, just end of week hum drums.  I find myself feeling sad today for no particular reason.

 

We did finally get to hear the baby's heartbeat at our appointment on Tuesday.  It was kinda weird.  Sometimes I feel like I'm an imposter since I don't get all weepy at all the preggo stuff.  I mean it was cool but it's not like my life suddenly changed from black and white into color and the birds all started chirping or anything.  I feel very much like Miranda from Sex and the City when she fakes her sonogram.  Do I have to give up my mommy badge, lol.

 

My mom is crazy making again.  Apparently she somehow got unfriended by my niece on facebook.  She's 3 months old and neither my brother nor SIL did the unfriending so it had to be her but that didn't stop her from sending irate emails to my brother.  She's also, I'm sure, pissed because our travel plans changed a bit and we're now leaving earlier on Friday than we had originally said.  DH may have to work that Sat. and wants to get back here at a reasonable time so he can have some downtime.  Perfectly logical and respectable but I haven't heard a word from her since I emailed her yesterday and told her.  I want to email to find out what I can bring or tell her what I'm thinking about bringing since I went through all my saved recipes on google reader earlier but I don't feel like dealing with her being childish.  I actually fantasized on the way to work about her saying one thing out of line over Thanksgiving and me being able to just end the whole relationship and leave.  That can't be healthy...

 

Oh, and according to the doctor I've gained 9 lbs since my last appointment.  I know that can't be true.  I dislike their scale.  But now I'm all paranoid and having body image issues again.  But, I did manage to walk for 30 minutes twice this week so that's something.  I want to get back into 3 times a week for at least 30 minutes so I can get that last $50 incentive from our company's wellness program.  There are only 7 weeks left in the year and I need to do it for 6 of those to get it.  I think I can, I think I can, lol.

 

Hope everyone is having a good week and starting to feel more normal again.

post #55 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quinalla View Post

Anyway, gotta finish up some work and then I get to travel to Atlanta tomorrow for another work trip, hopefully less/no delays on this one! I did get through 1 and a half twin books with all my airport and plane time yesterday, so at least it wasn't a total waste smile.gif

 

Waving "hi"!  I live in Atlanta.  Looking out the window at downtown as we "speak."  smile.gif  Hope you don't have delays!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

Also, Booooooo to the Atlanta airport! Too big for my preference.

 

 

lol.gif  Everyone who doesn't live in Atlanta hates Hartsfield.  We love it.  Direct flights to to pretty much anywhere in the world and competition among airlines?  Yes, please! 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmandaLynnH View Post

Oh, and according to the doctor I've gained 9 lbs since my last appointment.  I know that can't be true.  I dislike their scale.  

 

 

 

I remember this happening with my first pregnancy.  I would weigh myself at home once a week or so, at the same time, usually naked.  The weight gain was steady and nothing exciting.  But somehow the doctor's scale was all over the place.  One time I was chastised because I supposedly gained 7 pounds between appointments.  I'm sure it had nothing to do with the fact that since DS was born in January, and I was living in the Northeast, the third trimester weight gain coincided with suddenly wearing winter clothes and boots.  Roll eyes....  irked.gif

post #56 of 72

cobabymkaer - ugh! Family stuff can be so weird and annoying. I love how you said they are very concerned about this AP thing...like its some sort of disease or cult, haha. And family drama is why I had to finally get rid of facebook. People can act one way in person and be a whole different person on FB.

 

amandalynnh - lol mommy badge. We know the nurse that delivered DD outside of the hospital (IRL) and she was trying to coach me through the pushing stage and I kept laughing and getting distracted because it just sounded so funny coming from someone I know. Anyway, when she handed me the baby she was shocked that I wasn't all in tears, etc. I don't cry at u/s either, or heartbeats.

 

Kate&Joey - I have had RANTS to DH about this same thing! (the scale at the dr.'s office thing) We are in MN so, yep, part of my pregnancy I come in in boots and winter coat, etc. So yes, nurse and doctor my weight seems really high, LOOK OUTSIDE! haha. Especially when I came into my first appt in shorts and a tank top. I just always nod my head and smile when they say anything. Also, they always tell me that I am too skinny when I am first pregnant but then follow up by saying to only gain 20 - 25 lbs. so I don't become overweight. Sorry, but being that I am 6 feet tall, it would be weird if me and my husband's 5'3" petite small hipped cousin were to gain the same. I gained 50 lbs. with my first pregnancy and the baby was only 5 lbs. 10 ounces. If I gained half that how small would the baby be? 

Like I said, I can rant over this stuff.

 

As for everything else here, we are having beautiful weather today. I got a good amount of shopping done and even washed my car. I got to put up some new Christmas decorations (I know, way too early, but they were pretty. No tree yet! I promise!). DD was vibrating she was so excited to see the lights and sparkly stuff. My back issue has moved into my hip and outer thigh and knee. Bleh, I always have that problem though, I think my pelvis doesn't like to stay in one place and it screws things up. DD is starting hardcore into the terrible two's. She has just completely stopped listening to me and pretends to not hear me at other times or just flat out tells me no. I am trying to take it all in stride, thank GOD I am done with MS. We had to re-put-up all the baby gates because her non-listening is getting into the dangerous level, ie: climbing the stove when burners are on. She also colored her entire crotch with highlighter today because I forgot to put some of my books out of her reach. I thought we had dodged a bullet when we waked downstairs and she was holding the highlighter but there were no marks anywhere we could see. She had been pant and panty-less because we are still working on morning potty training. Anyway, I went to wipe her after she peed and I had a bright yellow tissue. Pulled her shirt up and Oh! There's where you colored!.

post #57 of 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyB View Post

 

 DD is starting hardcore into the terrible two's. She has just completely stopped listening to me and pretends to not hear me at other times or just flat out tells me no. I am trying to take it all in stride, thank GOD I am done with MS. We had to re-put-up all the baby gates because her non-listening is getting into the dangerous level, ie: climbing the stove when burners are on. She also colored her entire crotch with highlighter today because I forgot to put some of my books out of her reach. I thought we had dodged a bullet when we waked downstairs and she was holding the highlighter but there were no marks anywhere we could see. She had been pant and panty-less because we are still working on morning potty training. Anyway, I went to wipe her after she peed and I had a bright yellow tissue. Pulled her shirt up and Oh! There's where you colored!.

LOL!  Ahhh toddlers.

 

DS had his first, true, terrible two's melt down last night for a full 45 minutes.  Poor guy.  Nothing was what he wanted, but he wanted something, but didn't know what.  I'm glad that's not the norm for him.  Hopefully your DD is just having an off-day too and it's not a new "thing".

post #58 of 72

cobaby- that sounds awful.. i know some people liek that.. hope it calms down *hugs*

amanda- lol @ your mum.. what a childish thing to do, also having the body image issues.. its really hard isnt it :S

baily b- that sounds like spd.. maybe talk to your ob about a support belt, the sooner you start twearing one the better the long term prognosis i think, ive got it, and its no fun, affects my back, hips and legs. and ;last night i had to go to sleep on a fully dislocated hip as i couldnt get it back in.. luckily it eased its way back over night!

everyone else- hehe i laugh but im guessing terrible 2's altho when your not in it soudnds adorable when your stuck in it must be terribly frustrating.. i used to work with 2-4 year olds, and sometimes we found the best method was once making sure they were safe leaving them to make the choice to come back to us.. and ask for help, however we had them for 10 hours in a day, compared to your 24/7.. quite different im sure

i've just sorted out my p.a's computer.. i quite like it when i get to do something im good at.. i tend to convince myself i'm thick alot.. but im not, and altho i mite write like an illiterate teenager, i'm certainly not.. helps to be reminded sometimes nowadays tho (he was watching bamboozled at everything i was doing lol.. he had planned to pay someone proffesional aswell which made me happy to make it so he didnt have to.. fingers crossed its fixed now)

post #59 of 72
Just a quick note, let's keep this open through the weekend and start the next one on Monday, is that ok with everyone?

Thank you ladies for all the well wishes, I am very excited that we have the lowest risk twins and that everything is looking good. Feeling movement is fun, right now I feel kicking based on their position on opposite sides, one high one low, it's pretty awesome smile.gif More than flutters now usually, very gentle nudges. My boss thought one of the twins was a boy based on the picture, I told him he was just seeing the cord smile.gif With those HB though, yeah I wondered if they are boy/girl or maybe twin A was just asleep redface.gif

For my Atlanta trip, yeah I didn't get to see anything fun or even eat anything fun, too rushed! I do try and at least eat at one local restaurant when I travel for work if I can, but sometimes there isn't time. At least my flights weren't delayed! I did eat something that did not agree with me and it was stupid hot in the airport so that sucks. I actually like ATL (Atlanta airport, I tend to talk about airports with their three letter codes) it's big but it has the train to get between the terminals and it tends to run decently on-time and if you get stuck there for awhile plenty of shops and restaurants and the international terminal (F) is the place to hang out as it is a lot less crowded with comfy seats. Not like ORD (Chicago O'Hare Airport), you always get in late, run to your connection through miles of airport (ok it's not really miles, but it feels like it) and then find out that your connection is running late too even though they didn't update the boards! I never fly through that airport if I can avoid it. I'll stop now, but I could go on forever about airports smile.gif
post #60 of 72

I have a 2 year old too. I am really enjoying that he can communicate with us and tell us what he wants/needs. Its still a process at times as he doesn't always know what to ask for, and he does get frustrated that we don't always understand him. I like to think of it more as he is learning autonomy and developing his own opinions, rather than him being awful. We try to carefully pick our battles with him, as he is just as hard headed as both his parents. When he is refusing to listen I find getting down to his eye level and making him look me in the eyes while I talk in a quiet and calm voice has the best results. We also tend to explain to him why something is not a good idea right now, and he shows a lot more cooperation that way. Both DH & I can remember being frustrated as children when we were told "no" and the reason was always "because I said so" which means we may have to take a bit more time to explain something, but we don't get as many battles of the will that way.

 

BaileyB, we're still working on the potty training too. First thing in the morning DS1 is often only wearing a t-shirt to make it easier to get him to the potty. Last week while the boys were both sitting on the floor eating their cheerios, DS1 walked over to DS2 and peed all over him and his bowl of cereal. I had a really hard time giving him into trouble for it (it was deliberate) as I was also trying not to laugh. I also had to try and stop DS2 from eating anymore of those cheerios and clean up the mess at the same time. I'm glad I can laugh about how they behave though. It really does take a lot of humor to raise small children.

 

Katie, I like ATL too. We usually fly Delta so ATL is the hub we always have to go through, and I've definitely been in a lot worse airports. I used to fly a lot for a job I had when I lived in London, and I would mostly fly all over Europe. It gets really old after a while, even though my friends all thought it was very glamorous that I was traveling so much. I do like that when we travel now we check-in at our local airport which is fairly small (PBI - West Palm Beach) so there are hardly ever any lines at check-in, then we fly to ATL before getting on our main flight.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › May 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Weekly Chat Thread - Nov. 8-14