I'm looking for a few wooden stools, the kind used along with rocking boards etc. for gross motor play in waldorf kindergarten classrooms. Can't seem to find them via google. Used would be awesome, or even plans to build your own! But I'll shell out the dough for new if I have to. They are so versatile for creative and active play.
- topicWaldorftagged by System, 11/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- Extra Math Work at Home for Waldorf Student Last post on 12/16/13 at 4:56pm in Waldorf
- Advice/help/suggestions for Pre-mom! Last post on 12/15/13 at 7:40pm in Waldorf
- When kids want non-waldorf toys, what do you do/say? Last post on 12/16/13 at 2:29pm in Waldorf
- Rhythm with a 5 month old -- is it possible? Last post on 12/4/13 at 2:15pm in Waldorf
- Logistics of drive time to Waldorf school Last post on 11/10/13 at 1:23am in Waldorf
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Waldorf Resource ThreadLast edited: 6/27/11
- Waldorf Resource Thread
Anyone know where I can get the wooden stools used in kindy?
I think know what you are talking about, but I can't pin down what they're called. Are you talking about the kind that can be flipped over into a sort of table/stairs? We have a Curvy Board, which is really great.
Open Ended Creations sells Curvy Boards, but they aren't stools, exactly. http://www.etsy.com/shop/openendedcreations
Magic Cabin has this kind of rocker board, too. I can't get the link to copy over, though. It's in indoor active play.
No, although those are awesome too. I did find one actually just now, but it's expensive as I'd expected. :(
I wonder if I could make it. I'm a very amatuer woodworker but it looks simple enough. Hmmm....
We have these kitset stools at home: http://www.mocka.co.nz/wooden-stools-4.html (prices in NZ $). I'm not sure if they ship internationally or not. I suspect Ikea would have something similar, although they aren't an exact fit for the ones you were looking for.
OOh, IKEA is a good idea. Thanks!
- › Vomit :( 1 minute ago
- › Welcome! Roll call! Introduce yourself please! 3 minutes ago
- › If Vaccines Were Never Invented... 4 minutes ago
- › Homeschool schedule, breaks, etc? 5 minutes ago
- › Fatigue, pain etc. Looking for a diagnosis... suggestions? 9 minutes ago
- › Signs of Labor 9 minutes ago
- › December Pagans - "Yule" love it! 11 minutes ago
- › Do you need sterile gloves for UC? 16 minutes ago
- › December Chat 17 minutes ago
- › Starting solids 19 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh