I'm looking for a few wooden stools, the kind used along with rocking boards etc. for gross motor play in waldorf kindergarten classrooms. Can't seem to find them via google. Used would be awesome, or even plans to build your own! But I'll shell out the dough for new if I have to. They are so versatile for creative and active play.
- topicWaldorftagged by System, 11/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- Staying warm for floortime on cold hard floors Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:35pm in Waldorf
- Waldorf Movement Exercise for First Grade Last post on 2/19/14 at 8:42pm in Waldorf
- Considering Waldorf: Changing Perspectives in Education Last post on 3/4/14 at 9:48am in Waldorf
- Ideas on how to incorporate Waldorf philosophy/style at home Last post on 1/28/14 at 5:10pm in Waldorf
- Anyone know what that peach color and paint style is called that is typical in Waldorf classrooms? Last post on 1/24/14 at 3:13am in Waldorf
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Waldorf Resource ThreadLast edited: 6/27/11
- Waldorf Resource Thread
Anyone know where I can get the wooden stools used in kindy?
I think know what you are talking about, but I can't pin down what they're called. Are you talking about the kind that can be flipped over into a sort of table/stairs? We have a Curvy Board, which is really great.
Open Ended Creations sells Curvy Boards, but they aren't stools, exactly. http://www.etsy.com/shop/openendedcreations
Magic Cabin has this kind of rocker board, too. I can't get the link to copy over, though. It's in indoor active play.
No, although those are awesome too. I did find one actually just now, but it's expensive as I'd expected. :(
I wonder if I could make it. I'm a very amatuer woodworker but it looks simple enough. Hmmm....
We have these kitset stools at home: http://www.mocka.co.nz/wooden-stools-4.html (prices in NZ $). I'm not sure if they ship internationally or not. I suspect Ikea would have something similar, although they aren't an exact fit for the ones you were looking for.
OOh, IKEA is a good idea. Thanks!
- › I think it's time to talk about carseats :) 7 minutes ago
- › How do I change my username? 12 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions March 17 minutes ago
- › vaccination debate and the information age…. 18 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 58 minutes ago
- › Life after quitting antidepressants- how has it been for you? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › February chat thread 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 1 hour, 34 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea