I'm looking for a few wooden stools, the kind used along with rocking boards etc. for gross motor play in waldorf kindergarten classrooms. Can't seem to find them via google. Used would be awesome, or even plans to build your own! But I'll shell out the dough for new if I have to. They are so versatile for creative and active play.
- topicWaldorftagged by System, 11/8/12
Related Forum Threads
- Staying warm for floortime on cold hard floors Last post on 3/3/14 at 2:35pm in Waldorf
- Waldorf Movement Exercise for First Grade Last post on 2/19/14 at 8:42pm in Waldorf
- Considering Waldorf: Changing Perspectives in Education Last post on 3/4/14 at 9:48am in Waldorf
- Ideas on how to incorporate Waldorf philosophy/style at home Last post on 1/28/14 at 5:10pm in Waldorf
- Anyone know what that peach color and paint style is called that is typical in Waldorf classrooms? Last post on 1/24/14 at 3:13am in Waldorf
Our Child's Education: Our Decision To Make, Not Yours
Last edited: 8/21/13
- Waldorf Resource ThreadLast edited: 6/27/11
- Waldorf Resource Thread
Anyone know where I can get the wooden stools used in kindy?
I think know what you are talking about, but I can't pin down what they're called. Are you talking about the kind that can be flipped over into a sort of table/stairs? We have a Curvy Board, which is really great.
Open Ended Creations sells Curvy Boards, but they aren't stools, exactly. http://www.etsy.com/shop/openendedcreations
Magic Cabin has this kind of rocker board, too. I can't get the link to copy over, though. It's in indoor active play.
No, although those are awesome too. I did find one actually just now, but it's expensive as I'd expected. :(
I wonder if I could make it. I'm a very amatuer woodworker but it looks simple enough. Hmmm....
We have these kitset stools at home: http://www.mocka.co.nz/wooden-stools-4.html (prices in NZ $). I'm not sure if they ship internationally or not. I suspect Ikea would have something similar, although they aren't an exact fit for the ones you were looking for.
OOh, IKEA is a good idea. Thanks!
- › Sleeping habits 1 minute ago
- › help me design my curriculum for next year! (5 year old doing... 2 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 6 minutes ago
- › Is Lydia a good name? 7 minutes ago
- › Why isn't prevnar 23 on the schedule? 11 minutes ago
- › Any waldorf homeschoolers? 11 minutes ago
- › Just need a little GD support! 12 minutes ago
- › March Chat 17 minutes ago
- › toddler hitting and wanting to talk about it a lot 19 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diapers. 20 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild